EXCLUSIVE: Jenji Kohan, creator/executive producer of Showtime’s flagship comedy Weeds and the series’ executive producer Matthew Salsberg have a new comedy project, Whales, in the works at the pay cable channel. The half-hour revolves around a group of brilliant and quirky young people, some of them Harvard and MIT graduates, who move to Las Vegas to live in a lavish apartment while pursuing the $10 million prize at the World Series of Poker. Kohan and Salsberg, who is an avid poker player, are writing and executive producing for Lionsgate TV where they have overall deals. Kohan most recently executive produced the Epix/Lionsgate drama pilot Tough Trade. Kohan and Salsberg also collaborated on the 2007 Fox/Lionsgate comedy pilot Me & Lee starring Lee Majors, which the two executive produced and Salsberg wrote. The project was recently resurrected by Syfy, with Salsberg and Kohan writing/executive producing a new take on it for the cable channel. Weeds, which Kohan and Salsberg executive produce with Roberto Benabib, was recently renewed by Showtime for a seventh season.
'Weeds' Executive Producers Developing Poker Comedy At Showtime
What's Hot on Deadline
CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including 'MacGyver', 'Superior Donuts', 'Life In Pieces' & 'Hawaii Five-0'
Veterans 'Elementary', '2 Broke Girls', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Amazing Race' Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
Latest TV News
- Netflix Eyes Second Coming Of Jesus Drama Series ‘Messiah’ From Mark Burnett & Roma Downey
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ Trailer: Elisabeth Moss Is On A Mission To Survive
- Lemuel Plummer Signs With ICM Partners
- ‘Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt’: Daveed Diggs, Laura Dern Among Season 3 Guest Stars
- Lionsgate, Studiocanal Pact In Oz; French Film Biz Offers Support To U.S. Over Trump Budget Cuts – Global Briefs
- Veterans ‘Elementary’, ‘2 Broke Girls’, ‘Criminal Minds’ & ‘Amazing Race’ Among Series Left In Limbo After…