The studio’s TV arm has completed its acquisition of one of the UK’s largest independent producers. Warner wanted Shed Media, which makes Supernanny for America, because it wants to expand overseas, replicating the success it has had in America with shows such as The Wire and Gossip Girl – both of which have exported well. Shed will remain an independent producer. Outright Distribution, its TV sales company, will be folded into UK-based Warner Bros International Television Production. But the Outright brand will remain without any job losses.
Warner Bros Completes $159M Shed Deal
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- MSNBC Clocks Cable’s Largest Weekday Primetime Crowd For First Time In Its History
- Jimmy Fallon Unveils Former White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer’s New Music Video
- ‘Santa Clarita Diet’: Zach Knighton Set For Major Season 2 Arc On Netflix Comedy
- Sabrina Wind Named TV President Of Jason Reed’s ABC Studios-Based Co.
- Fox News Trades Insults With New York Times Over Coverage Of Botched Plot To Kill ISIS Leader
- ‘Mars’ Season 2: Esai Morales, Roxy Sternberg, Five More Round Out Cast As Production Begins