EXCLUSIVE: In a high-six figure deal, Warner Bros. and Akiva Goldsman’s Weed Road has acquired Dark Moon, a spec script drama that was written and will be directed by Olatunde Osunsanmi. The spec explores the possibility that manned moon missions did not stop with Apollo 17. Using found footage, it makes the case for a black ops post-Apollo mission sent to the moon to explore previously classified discoveries and its unintended and disturbing consequences. Goldsman and Kerry Foster will produce for Weed Road. Osunsanmi is best known for 2009’s The Fourth Kind, which was released by Universal. He’s also attached to direct The Commuter for Gold Circle and he adapted the Robert Buettner novel The Orphanage for Davis Entertainment. He was also once Joe Carnahan’s assistant. He’s repped by CAA and Caliber.
Warner Bros, Akiva Goldsman Buy 'Dark Moon' Spec Script
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Sony Pictures Taps 'Iron Man 3′ Helmer Shane Black To Direct 'The Destroyer'
- Miramax Films Bolsters Funding
- Akiva Goldsman Circling 'Ring 3′ Rewrite
- Patrick Warburton Back For 'Ted' Sequel
- Stork Visit For Milla Jovovich Postpones 'Resident Evil 6′
- Indie Audax Outbids For David Weil Spec 'Moonfall'