Aardman, the animation company which makes the Oscar-winning cartoon duo, saw its profits fall from £1,061,408 to £469,243 ($747,826) in 2009. But at least it made a profit, Aardman stresses. It was reported here over the weekend that the company had made a whopping £2.5 million loss. That’s because we journos looked in the wrong column of Aardman’s profit-and-loss account, finance director Kerry Lock tells me. Aardman has been dragged down by its TV commercials division reporting its lowest income for 5 years plus an expensive move into its new Bristol headquarters. Because of the way the 20% UK film tax credit works, it makes reporting year-end accounts much more complicated, Lock says. Aardman is owed £2.9 million in tax credits, which will convert the £2.5 million loss reported in one column into the £469,243 profit reported in another. The animator’s in the middle of production on two new Sony movies: Arthur Christmas and Pirates. It’s due to deliver Arthur Christmas by the end of 2011 and Pirates in 2012. The company generated a 59% increase in turnover last year to £31.6 million.
Wallace & Gromit Toon Profits Fall By 56%
What's Hot on Deadline
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir 'Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?' For TV
Latest TV News
- Vince Vaughn-Produced ‘Fearless With Tim Ferriss’ Gets Premiere Date On Audience Network
- California Bill To Boost Funding For Hollywood Job Training Passes Committee
- Studios & WGA Can’t Even Agree On Lost Revenues From Last Strike
- Rita Moreno On Her EGOT Wins, Affairs With Brando & Elvis (!) And Taking Life ‘One Day At A Time’ – The…
- Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir ‘Who Thought This Was A Good Idea…
- Tom Hanks, Jodie Foster, David Byrne, Meryl Streep Remember Jonathan Demme