EXCLUSIVE: Universal Pictures pulled the “gay” joke out of the trailer for the Ron Howard directed comedy The Dilemma. While the studio hasn’t declared whether it will pull the line out of the movie under pressure from GLAAD, the film’s star, Vince Vaughn, has weighed in with a comment that indicates he’d like the joke to stay. Said Vaughn: “Let me add my voice of support to the people outraged by the bullying and persecution of people for their differences, whatever those differences may be. Comedy and joking about our differences breaks tension and brings us together. Drawing dividing lines over what we can and cannot joke about does exactly that; it divides us. Most importantly, where does it stop.”
Vince Vaughn Comments On Gay 'Dilemma'
What's Hot on Deadline
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
World's Biggest YouTuber Vows To Delete Channel Citing Traffic, Race-Based Complaints About Video Service
Latest TV News
- Nick Styne Leaving CAA To Form Management/Production Venture
- ‘Doctor Who’ Christmas Special Heads To New York – Trailer
- Simon Fuller’s XIX Entertainment Making English-Language Version Of Scandi Teen Hit ‘Shame’
- Jimmy Kimmel’s ‘Big Fan’ Game Show Sets Debut Date With Matthew McConaughey
- ‘Timeless’: Annie Wersching Set To Recur On NBC Time Travel Drama Series
- Dr. Dre & Jimmy Iovine Docu Series Set For HBO: ‘Defiant Ones’ Bows Next Year