I’ve learned a bit more about Fox News lead news anchor Shepard Smith’s new multi-year deal with the cable channel. Despite reports that it runs through 2013, I hear that it actually kicks in next year when his current pact expires and runs through 2014. And Smith is getting a salary bump over the $7 million – $8 million a year his current contract stipulates. He is already being put to extra work to earn the big new check: Smith will be hosting an Election night special on sister broadcast network Fox next Tuesday when he also will be interviewing Sarah Palin.
UPDATE: Shepard Smith At Fox News Through 2014
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
Latest TV News
- ‘How To Get Away With Murder’ Season Finale: Killer Revealed, New Puzzle Posed
- Stephen Colbert Opens ‘Late Show’ With Message To Donald Trump From Bathroom Signs
- ‘Nashville’ Star Exits In Tragic Plot Twist, Reflects On 4.5-Season Run & Its End
- ‘Tonight Show’ Reveals How Donald Trump’s Staff Gathers Flattering News Footage
- Caitlyn Jenner Scolds Donald Trump For Revoking Transgender Protections – Update
- Lea Michele Cast In ABC Mayor Comedy Pilot; What About ‘Scream Queens’?