EXCLUSIVE: While Tom Hardy’s plan to play Mad Max in the George Miller-directed Mad Max: Fury Road has hit another delay, the fast-rising Hardy’s in the mix for another big film at Warner Bros. I’m told that Hardy has been set by his Inception director Chris Nolan for a lead role in the next Batman film at Warner Bros. Insiders are keeping the role secret and won’t even say if he’s up for a villain role, but that seems a reasonable assumption. Hardy has followed up Inception with lead roles in the Tomas Alfredson-directed adaptation of the John Le Carre novel Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, and he’s currently starring with Chris Pine and Reese Witherspoon in the McG-directed Fox comedy This Means War. CAA reps Hardy, who’s expected to return to Fury Road when it goes.
Tom Hardy Reunited With 'Inception' Helmer Chris Nolan On 'Batman'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Jeremy Lovering To Helm Sony Horror Pic 'The Bringing,' Inspired By Cecil Hotel
- Sony Pictures Taps 'Iron Man 3′ Helmer Shane Black To Direct 'The Destroyer'
- Miramax Films Bolsters Funding
- Akiva Goldsman Circling 'Ring 3′ Rewrite
- Patrick Warburton Back For 'Ted' Sequel
- Stork Visit For Milla Jovovich Postpones 'Resident Evil 6′