EXCLUSIVE: While Tom Hardy’s plan to play Mad Max in the George Miller-directed Mad Max: Fury Road has hit another delay, the fast-rising Hardy’s in the mix for another big film at Warner Bros. I’m told that Hardy has been set by his Inception director Chris Nolan for a lead role in the next Batman film at Warner Bros. Insiders are keeping the role secret and won’t even say if he’s up for a villain role, but that seems a reasonable assumption. Hardy has followed up Inception with lead roles in the Tomas Alfredson-directed adaptation of the John Le Carre novel Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, and he’s currently starring with Chris Pine and Reese Witherspoon in the McG-directed Fox comedy This Means War. CAA reps Hardy, who’s expected to return to Fury Road when it goes.
Tom Hardy Reunited With 'Inception' Helmer Chris Nolan On 'Batman'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Justin Bieber Apologizes For Bad Boy Ways At Roast: “I’m Disappointed In Myself”
- Ron Burgundy On Justin Bieber: “This Kid Has Spunk, Moxie, And Probably A Few Other STDs”
- iHeartRadio Music, Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards Top Week’s Twitter TV Ratings
- Want Full California Tax Credit? Bill Says Keep The Music Scoring Local
- Arrow/Flash Spinoff Enlists Arthur Darvill To Play Rip Hunter
- Nickelodeon Hires SVP To Boost Preschool Division Following Layoffs