EXCLUSIVE: While Tom Hardy’s plan to play Mad Max in the George Miller-directed Mad Max: Fury Road has hit another delay, the fast-rising Hardy’s in the mix for another big film at Warner Bros. I’m told that Hardy has been set by his Inception director Chris Nolan for a lead role in the next Batman film at Warner Bros. Insiders are keeping the role secret and won’t even say if he’s up for a villain role, but that seems a reasonable assumption. Hardy has followed up Inception with lead roles in the Tomas Alfredson-directed adaptation of the John Le Carre novel Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, and he’s currently starring with Chris Pine and Reese Witherspoon in the McG-directed Fox comedy This Means War. CAA reps Hardy, who’s expected to return to Fury Road when it goes.
Tom Hardy Reunited With 'Inception' Helmer Chris Nolan On 'Batman'
Trending Now on Deadline
NBC Cameraman Declared Ebola-Free; Tries To Rescue Nancy Snyderman From Self-Inflicted Career Disaster -- UPDATE
More From Fleming Jr
- Steve Carell, Charlie Kaufman Lock 'I.Q. 83′; Viral Outbreak Dumbs Down World
- 'Sirens' Star Jessica McNamee Signs With Inspire
- Why Did Stephen Hawking Film 'Theory Of Everything' Take A Decade? Scribe Anthony McCarten Explains
- 'Star Wars Episode VII' Lead Daisy Ridley Signs With CAA
- James Wan Back At New Line For 'The Conjuring 2′ And Overall Producing Deal