EXCLUSIVE: While Tom Hardy’s plan to play Mad Max in the George Miller-directed Mad Max: Fury Road has hit another delay, the fast-rising Hardy’s in the mix for another big film at Warner Bros. I’m told that Hardy has been set by his Inception director Chris Nolan for a lead role in the next Batman film at Warner Bros. Insiders are keeping the role secret and won’t even say if he’s up for a villain role, but that seems a reasonable assumption. Hardy has followed up Inception with lead roles in the Tomas Alfredson-directed adaptation of the John Le Carre novel Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, and he’s currently starring with Chris Pine and Reese Witherspoon in the McG-directed Fox comedy This Means War. CAA reps Hardy, who’s expected to return to Fury Road when it goes.
Tom Hardy Reunited With 'Inception' Helmer Chris Nolan On 'Batman'
What's Hot on Deadline
'NCIS' Current & Former Cast & Crew Remember Gary Glasberg: "Our Rock, Our Cheerleader, Our Team Captain" - Update
Latest TV News
- Viacom Hits Debt Market With $1.3B Offering
- Larkin Malloy Dies: ‘All My Children’ Alum & Acting Teacher Was 62
- ‘Luke Cage’ Review: Mike Colter-Led Marvel Series Flexes Serious Muscle
- Lady Gaga Set For Super Bowl Halftime Show On Fox
- ‘Let The Right One In’: Kristine Froseth Set To Star In TNT Vampire Drama Pilot
- Sandra Oh To Guest On ‘American Crime’; Samuel Hunt Recurs On ‘Empire’