EXCLUSIVE: While Tom Hardy’s plan to play Mad Max in the George Miller-directed Mad Max: Fury Road has hit another delay, the fast-rising Hardy’s in the mix for another big film at Warner Bros. I’m told that Hardy has been set by his Inception director Chris Nolan for a lead role in the next Batman film at Warner Bros. Insiders are keeping the role secret and won’t even say if he’s up for a villain role, but that seems a reasonable assumption. Hardy has followed up Inception with lead roles in the Tomas Alfredson-directed adaptation of the John Le Carre novel Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, and he’s currently starring with Chris Pine and Reese Witherspoon in the McG-directed Fox comedy This Means War. CAA reps Hardy, who’s expected to return to Fury Road when it goes.
Tom Hardy Reunited With 'Inception' Helmer Chris Nolan On 'Batman'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Madea' Scares Off 'Jack Reacher' For No. 1; 'Joneses' Opening Lower Than 'Masterminds' - Sat. Afternoon Update
Leonardo DiCaprio To Play Music Pioneer Sam Phillips; Launched Elvis, Howlin' Wolf, Johnny Cash & Jerry Lee Lewis
Latest TV News
- Matt Damon, Cheo Coker Among Featured Speakers At Produced By New York 2016
- Steve Dillion Dies: Comic Artist And ‘Preacher’ Co-Creator Was 54
- ‘Vampire Diaries’ Ratings Down In Final Premiere, ‘Exorcist’ Up, ‘MacGyver’ Even
- Report: AT&T Reaches $80B+ Deal To Acquire Time Warner; Announcement Could Come As Early As Tonight
- Donald Trump Would Nix AT&T’s Acquisition Of Time Warner; Says Such Deals “Destroy Democracy”
- Kevin Meaney Dies: Veteran Comic And Actor Was 60