EXCLUSIVE: While Tom Hardy’s plan to play Mad Max in the George Miller-directed Mad Max: Fury Road has hit another delay, the fast-rising Hardy’s in the mix for another big film at Warner Bros. I’m told that Hardy has been set by his Inception director Chris Nolan for a lead role in the next Batman film at Warner Bros. Insiders are keeping the role secret and won’t even say if he’s up for a villain role, but that seems a reasonable assumption. Hardy has followed up Inception with lead roles in the Tomas Alfredson-directed adaptation of the John Le Carre novel Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, and he’s currently starring with Chris Pine and Reese Witherspoon in the McG-directed Fox comedy This Means War. CAA reps Hardy, who’s expected to return to Fury Road when it goes.
Tom Hardy Reunited With 'Inception' Helmer Chris Nolan On 'Batman'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Sky Arts To Tell Neil Gaiman’s ‘Likely Stories’ With George MacKay, Tom Hughes
- ‘Top Gear’ Confirms Hosts Set To Join Chris Evans, Matt LeBlanc For BBC Reboot
- Stephen Colbert Asks Bernie Sanders If His “Revolution” Might Lead To Violence
- SAG-AFTRA Applauds WIPO Beijing Treaty On Performers’ Rights
- Herb Braha Dies: ‘Godspell’ Original & Founder Of Costume Supply House Was 69
- Fox Orders ‘Chad’ Comedy Pilot Starring Nasim Pedrad As Teen Middle Eastern Boy