EXCLUSIVE: While Tom Hardy’s plan to play Mad Max in the George Miller-directed Mad Max: Fury Road has hit another delay, the fast-rising Hardy’s in the mix for another big film at Warner Bros. I’m told that Hardy has been set by his Inception director Chris Nolan for a lead role in the next Batman film at Warner Bros. Insiders are keeping the role secret and won’t even say if he’s up for a villain role, but that seems a reasonable assumption. Hardy has followed up Inception with lead roles in the Tomas Alfredson-directed adaptation of the John Le Carre novel Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, and he’s currently starring with Chris Pine and Reese Witherspoon in the McG-directed Fox comedy This Means War. CAA reps Hardy, who’s expected to return to Fury Road when it goes.
Tom Hardy Reunited With 'Inception' Helmer Chris Nolan On 'Batman'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pirates' Hopes To Make Waves Around The World With $230M+ Launch - Memorial Day Weekend Box Office Preview
'The Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' Review: Johnny Depp And A Couple Of Oscar Winners Help Keep This Fun Ride Afloat
Latest TV News
- ‘Empire’ EP On Tonight’s Fiery Finale, Next Season’s Reset & Not Mentioning Trump
- Baz Luhrmann Reflects On ‘The Get Down’ Cancellation: “I'll See You On the Other-Side”
- Baz Luhrmann’s ‘The Get Down’ Canceled By Netflix After One Season
- Fox’s ‘Star’ Ups Miss Lawrence To Series Regular For Season 2
- ‘Queen Sugar’ Creator Ava DuVernay On Finding A Place To Breathe – The Contenders Emmys Video
- Jerry Perenchio Dies: Hollywood Dealmaker & Former Univision CEO Was 86