EXCLUSIVE: While Tom Hardy’s plan to play Mad Max in the George Miller-directed Mad Max: Fury Road has hit another delay, the fast-rising Hardy’s in the mix for another big film at Warner Bros. I’m told that Hardy has been set by his Inception director Chris Nolan for a lead role in the next Batman film at Warner Bros. Insiders are keeping the role secret and won’t even say if he’s up for a villain role, but that seems a reasonable assumption. Hardy has followed up Inception with lead roles in the Tomas Alfredson-directed adaptation of the John Le Carre novel Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, and he’s currently starring with Chris Pine and Reese Witherspoon in the McG-directed Fox comedy This Means War. CAA reps Hardy, who’s expected to return to Fury Road when it goes.
Tom Hardy Reunited With 'Inception' Helmer Chris Nolan On 'Batman'
What's Hot on Deadline
‘Boyhood’, 'Grand Budapest', 'Lego Movie' Score Big At 65th ACE Eddie Awards -- Complete Winners List
Bryan Cranston & David Shore's ‘Sneaky Pete’ Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
More From Fleming Jr
- Sundance Pic ‘Digging For Fire’ Acquired By The Orchard & Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions – Update
- Steinbeck’s ‘In Dubious Battle’ Helmed By James Franco With Strong Cast – Berlin
- Peter Berg In Talks To Replace JC Chandor On ‘Deepwater Horizon’ – Update
- Crowd Funding Effort Aims To Restore Debut Of ‘Meek’s Cutoff’ Helmer Kelly Reichardt
- New Line Sets ‘How To Be Single’ Cast
- Woody Allen’s Latest Movie Gets A Title And Sony Classics Deal