EXCLUSIVE: While Tom Hardy’s plan to play Mad Max in the George Miller-directed Mad Max: Fury Road has hit another delay, the fast-rising Hardy’s in the mix for another big film at Warner Bros. I’m told that Hardy has been set by his Inception director Chris Nolan for a lead role in the next Batman film at Warner Bros. Insiders are keeping the role secret and won’t even say if he’s up for a villain role, but that seems a reasonable assumption. Hardy has followed up Inception with lead roles in the Tomas Alfredson-directed adaptation of the John Le Carre novel Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, and he’s currently starring with Chris Pine and Reese Witherspoon in the McG-directed Fox comedy This Means War. CAA reps Hardy, who’s expected to return to Fury Road when it goes.
Tom Hardy Reunited With 'Inception' Helmer Chris Nolan On 'Batman'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Furious 7' Drives To $1.12B Global, Busts China Records; 'Dragonball' Big In Japan - Intl B.O. Update
Latest TV News
- ‘Masterpiece’ Options Elizabeth Gilbert’s ‘The Signature Of All Things’
- ‘Younger’ Renewed For Second Season By TV Land
- ABC’s ‘World News Tonight’ Takes Third Week In Evening News Ratings
- UKIP Leader Nigel Farage Calls For BBC License Fee To Be Cut By Two-Thirds
- Sky Earnings, Subscribers Up As UK And Germany Drive Growth
- At Panel Screening, Cast And Creators Talk ‘The Walking Dead’ Deaths, Lack Of The Word “Zombie”