EXCLUSIVE: While Tom Hardy’s plan to play Mad Max in the George Miller-directed Mad Max: Fury Road has hit another delay, the fast-rising Hardy’s in the mix for another big film at Warner Bros. I’m told that Hardy has been set by his Inception director Chris Nolan for a lead role in the next Batman film at Warner Bros. Insiders are keeping the role secret and won’t even say if he’s up for a villain role, but that seems a reasonable assumption. Hardy has followed up Inception with lead roles in the Tomas Alfredson-directed adaptation of the John Le Carre novel Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, and he’s currently starring with Chris Pine and Reese Witherspoon in the McG-directed Fox comedy This Means War. CAA reps Hardy, who’s expected to return to Fury Road when it goes.
Tom Hardy Reunited With 'Inception' Helmer Chris Nolan On 'Batman'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale & Aftershow: "A.D." Mystery Solved; Cast Would Say Yes To Reunion - Update
Latest TV News
- Olivia Cooke To Star In ‘Vanity Fair’ Adaptation For ITV, Amazon Studios
- ‘The Split’: SundanceTV & BBC One Round Out Cast For Abi Morgan Drama Series
- ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Series Finale & Aftershow: “A.D.” Mystery Solved; Cast Would Say Yes To Reunion…
- Stephen Colbert Explains CBO Score Impact On Senate Trumpcare Bill
- Fox Developing Drama From Lee Daniels & Julian Breece That Tackles Race & Class
- ‘The Lowe Files’: Rob Lowe’s A&E Mystery Reality Series Sets Premiere Date, Unveils Trailer