EXCLUSIVE: While Tom Hardy’s plan to play Mad Max in the George Miller-directed Mad Max: Fury Road has hit another delay, the fast-rising Hardy’s in the mix for another big film at Warner Bros. I’m told that Hardy has been set by his Inception director Chris Nolan for a lead role in the next Batman film at Warner Bros. Insiders are keeping the role secret and won’t even say if he’s up for a villain role, but that seems a reasonable assumption. Hardy has followed up Inception with lead roles in the Tomas Alfredson-directed adaptation of the John Le Carre novel Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, and he’s currently starring with Chris Pine and Reese Witherspoon in the McG-directed Fox comedy This Means War. CAA reps Hardy, who’s expected to return to Fury Road when it goes.
Tom Hardy Reunited With 'Inception' Helmer Chris Nolan On 'Batman'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sylvester Stallone & Antoine Fuqua Plot TV Series 'Omerta,' 'The Godfather' Author Mario Puzo's Last Novel
Latest TV News
- ITV Taps USA Network Exec Jessica Sebastian AS SVP Development
- Netflix Orders ‘The Punisher’ Marvel Series
- ’10 Cloverfield Lane’ Director Dan Trachtenberg To Helm ‘Black Mirror’ Ep For Netflix
- Jimmy Kimmel Schmoozes With L.A. Rams First Overall Draft Pick Jared Goff
- A Call To Action As Chaiken, Berlanti Honored at Inaugural Alliance of Women Directors Awards
- Baltimore TV Station Bomb Threat: Suspect In Serious Condition; Bomb Was Made Of Candy Bars And Wire – Update