EXCLUSIVE: While Tom Hardy’s plan to play Mad Max in the George Miller-directed Mad Max: Fury Road has hit another delay, the fast-rising Hardy’s in the mix for another big film at Warner Bros. I’m told that Hardy has been set by his Inception director Chris Nolan for a lead role in the next Batman film at Warner Bros. Insiders are keeping the role secret and won’t even say if he’s up for a villain role, but that seems a reasonable assumption. Hardy has followed up Inception with lead roles in the Tomas Alfredson-directed adaptation of the John Le Carre novel Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, and he’s currently starring with Chris Pine and Reese Witherspoon in the McG-directed Fox comedy This Means War. CAA reps Hardy, who’s expected to return to Fury Road when it goes.
Tom Hardy Reunited With 'Inception' Helmer Chris Nolan On 'Batman'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Empire' Ratings Fall To Low As Dolly Parton Movie Wins In Viewers; 'Arrow' Hits Season Highs With Mega-Crossover
'Supergirl'-'Flash'-'Arrow'-'Legends' Crossover Review: CW's Latest Team-Up Strongest & Most Ambitious Yet
Latest TV News
- Kathleen Robertson Sells ‘Swimming With Sharks’ Series Adaptation To E!, Dramedy Starring Christina Applegate…
- High Noon Entertainment Ups Five In Creative Team
- ‘Celebrity Name Game’ Hosted By Craig Ferguson Canceled After 3 Seasons
- ‘Good Girls Revolt’: No Season 2 At Amazon, Will Be Shopped Elsewhere
- Bloomberg Election-Cycle Series ‘With All Due Respect’ Reaches End Of Road Today
- Diversity Touted At 34th Annual Caucus For Producers, Writers & Directors Awards Dinner