EXCLUSIVE: While Tom Hardy’s plan to play Mad Max in the George Miller-directed Mad Max: Fury Road has hit another delay, the fast-rising Hardy’s in the mix for another big film at Warner Bros. I’m told that Hardy has been set by his Inception director Chris Nolan for a lead role in the next Batman film at Warner Bros. Insiders are keeping the role secret and won’t even say if he’s up for a villain role, but that seems a reasonable assumption. Hardy has followed up Inception with lead roles in the Tomas Alfredson-directed adaptation of the John Le Carre novel Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, and he’s currently starring with Chris Pine and Reese Witherspoon in the McG-directed Fox comedy This Means War. CAA reps Hardy, who’s expected to return to Fury Road when it goes.
Tom Hardy Reunited With 'Inception' Helmer Chris Nolan On 'Batman'
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Bart: Donald Trump's Nightmare, Stormy Daniels Has A Secret Side As Prolific Film Director With Skills
Bankruptcy Reveals Wild List Of Who The Weinstein Company Owes Money To: Malia Obama, David Bowie, Michael Bay
'I Can Only Imagine' Review: Faith-Based Music Biopic Of MercyMe's Smash Song Hits All The Right Notes
Latest TV News
- ‘Dan The Weatherman’: Ashley Williams, James Earl & Daniel Stern Join Fox Comedy Pilot
- New Pro Football League Leapfrogs XFL, Unveils Plans For 2019 Kickoff & CBS Deal
- Anderson Cooper Books Donald Trump Affair-Claiming Ex-Playboy Playmate Karen McDougal For Thursday
- Exiting Fox News Analyst Blasts Network As “Propaganda Machine” For “Ethically Ruinous Administration”
- Nikki M. James Joins Fox Legal Drama Pilot Produced By Danny Strong
- ‘Rel’: Jessica “Jess Hilarious” Moore To Star In Fox Comedy Pilot After Recasting