EXCLUSIVE: While Tom Hardy’s plan to play Mad Max in the George Miller-directed Mad Max: Fury Road has hit another delay, the fast-rising Hardy’s in the mix for another big film at Warner Bros. I’m told that Hardy has been set by his Inception director Chris Nolan for a lead role in the next Batman film at Warner Bros. Insiders are keeping the role secret and won’t even say if he’s up for a villain role, but that seems a reasonable assumption. Hardy has followed up Inception with lead roles in the Tomas Alfredson-directed adaptation of the John Le Carre novel Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, and he’s currently starring with Chris Pine and Reese Witherspoon in the McG-directed Fox comedy This Means War. CAA reps Hardy, who’s expected to return to Fury Road when it goes.
Tom Hardy Reunited With 'Inception' Helmer Chris Nolan On 'Batman'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Bernie Sanders Steps Up Attack On Disney Over Disneyland Wages
- ‘Chicago PD’ Surprise: Brian Geraghty Exiting NBC Show
- ‘Nashville’ Creator & Producers On Finale: “We Have Stories Left To Tell”
- ‘Nashville’ Finale Opts For Cliffhanger Ending Amid Hope For Season 5 Pickup
- Donald Trump Tells Jimmy Kimmel How He Comes Up With All Those Nicknames
- Shawn Dunn Boards Original Force As CTO; Pamela Wolfe Named HR Executive VP At Starz