EXCLUSIVE: While Tom Hardy’s plan to play Mad Max in the George Miller-directed Mad Max: Fury Road has hit another delay, the fast-rising Hardy’s in the mix for another big film at Warner Bros. I’m told that Hardy has been set by his Inception director Chris Nolan for a lead role in the next Batman film at Warner Bros. Insiders are keeping the role secret and won’t even say if he’s up for a villain role, but that seems a reasonable assumption. Hardy has followed up Inception with lead roles in the Tomas Alfredson-directed adaptation of the John Le Carre novel Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, and he’s currently starring with Chris Pine and Reese Witherspoon in the McG-directed Fox comedy This Means War. CAA reps Hardy, who’s expected to return to Fury Road when it goes.
Tom Hardy Reunited With 'Inception' Helmer Chris Nolan On 'Batman'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Westworld' Finale Postmortem: EP Jonathan Nolan On Season 2's Samurai World, Missing Characters & Dr. Ford's Fate
Latest TV News
- ‘This Is Us’ Fall Finale: Creator Dan Fogelman On Life-and-Death Cliffhanger & What’s Next
- Donald Trump Delivers Villain-Free Victory Tour Speech In North Carolina, Confounding Media
- Joe Biden Tells Stephen Colbert He Will Be In Better Shape In 2020 Than Donald Trump Is Now
- ‘Hairspray Live!’ Brings NBC Holiday Musicals To Hollywood As Bob Greenblatt And Zadan/Meron Plot For More
- The Weather Channel To Breitbart: Chill On The Climate Change Denials
- Sony Pictures TV Names 2016 Diverse Directors Program Finalists