EXCLUSIVE: While Tom Hardy’s plan to play Mad Max in the George Miller-directed Mad Max: Fury Road has hit another delay, the fast-rising Hardy’s in the mix for another big film at Warner Bros. I’m told that Hardy has been set by his Inception director Chris Nolan for a lead role in the next Batman film at Warner Bros. Insiders are keeping the role secret and won’t even say if he’s up for a villain role, but that seems a reasonable assumption. Hardy has followed up Inception with lead roles in the Tomas Alfredson-directed adaptation of the John Le Carre novel Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, and he’s currently starring with Chris Pine and Reese Witherspoon in the McG-directed Fox comedy This Means War. CAA reps Hardy, who’s expected to return to Fury Road when it goes.
Tom Hardy Reunited With 'Inception' Helmer Chris Nolan On 'Batman'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Continues To Make B.O. History: $195M+ Opening Beats 'Ultron' & 4-Day Eyeing $225M+: Sunday Final
BAFTA Awards: 'Three Billboards' Wins Best Film, Tops Night With Five Nods - The Complete Winners List
STXinternational Selling Out On Hot 'Killer's Game', 'Marsh King's Daughter', 'Finest Kind' - Berlin
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Taunts Oprah At End Of Manic Weekend Of Tweets And TV News Watching
- John Oliver Joins Parkland Students “Calling Bullsh*t” On “Too Soon To Talk About” Gun Laws Blather
- ‘Celebrity Big Brother’: Omarosa Talks Campaigning For Hillary Clinton, Says She Would Have Been “Exceptional”…
- Winter Olympics: Adam Rippon Turns Down NBC Correspondent Position, Net Struggles With Broadcast Gaffes — Update
- Olympics Ratings Fall To 2018 Low On 2nd Saturday; Steady With Sochi 2014
- LeBron James Speaks Out On “Shut Up And Dribble” Comments