EXCLUSIVE: While Tom Hardy’s plan to play Mad Max in the George Miller-directed Mad Max: Fury Road has hit another delay, the fast-rising Hardy’s in the mix for another big film at Warner Bros. I’m told that Hardy has been set by his Inception director Chris Nolan for a lead role in the next Batman film at Warner Bros. Insiders are keeping the role secret and won’t even say if he’s up for a villain role, but that seems a reasonable assumption. Hardy has followed up Inception with lead roles in the Tomas Alfredson-directed adaptation of the John Le Carre novel Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, and he’s currently starring with Chris Pine and Reese Witherspoon in the McG-directed Fox comedy This Means War. CAA reps Hardy, who’s expected to return to Fury Road when it goes.
Tom Hardy Reunited With 'Inception' Helmer Chris Nolan On 'Batman'
What's Hot on Deadline
Divorce Comedy With Royal Family Twist From Meghan Markle's Ex-Husband Trevor Engelson Set At Fox With Big Commitment
Rob Reiner Confuses Tucker Carlson Over Russia Investigation; Fox Host Slams Hollywood's Embrace Of China
Latest TV News
- ‘Happy!’: Debi Mazar & Michael Maize Set To Recur In Syfy Series
- CW’s DC Superhero Crossover Gets Title & Key Art
- Jimmy Kimmel Thanks Sen. John McCain For Deciding “No” Vote On GOP Health Bill
- Gordon Ramsay ‘24 Hours To Hell & Back’ Restaurant Series Gets Fox Order
- ‘Orville’ Ratings Fall To Earth Without NFL Lead-In, ‘Zoo’ Finale Down From 2016
- Dan Lin’s Lin Pictures Taps Former TriStar TV Exec Lindsey Liberatore As Head Of TV