EXCLUSIVE: While Tom Hardy’s plan to play Mad Max in the George Miller-directed Mad Max: Fury Road has hit another delay, the fast-rising Hardy’s in the mix for another big film at Warner Bros. I’m told that Hardy has been set by his Inception director Chris Nolan for a lead role in the next Batman film at Warner Bros. Insiders are keeping the role secret and won’t even say if he’s up for a villain role, but that seems a reasonable assumption. Hardy has followed up Inception with lead roles in the Tomas Alfredson-directed adaptation of the John Le Carre novel Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, and he’s currently starring with Chris Pine and Reese Witherspoon in the McG-directed Fox comedy This Means War. CAA reps Hardy, who’s expected to return to Fury Road when it goes.
Tom Hardy Reunited With 'Inception' Helmer Chris Nolan On 'Batman'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Viacom Renews Distribution Agreement With Mediacom
- FIFA Officials Arrested In Switzerland On US Corruption Charges
- ‘Grace And Frankie’ Renewed For Season 2 By Netflix
- Jimmy Smits To Star In Baz Luhrmann's Netflix Music Drama ‘The Get Down’
- New ABC Drama ‘Oil’ Recasts 2 Roles
- ‘Aquarius’ Review: David Duchovny Dominates In Manson-Era Drama