EXCLUSIVE: While Tom Hardy’s plan to play Mad Max in the George Miller-directed Mad Max: Fury Road has hit another delay, the fast-rising Hardy’s in the mix for another big film at Warner Bros. I’m told that Hardy has been set by his Inception director Chris Nolan for a lead role in the next Batman film at Warner Bros. Insiders are keeping the role secret and won’t even say if he’s up for a villain role, but that seems a reasonable assumption. Hardy has followed up Inception with lead roles in the Tomas Alfredson-directed adaptation of the John Le Carre novel Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, and he’s currently starring with Chris Pine and Reese Witherspoon in the McG-directed Fox comedy This Means War. CAA reps Hardy, who’s expected to return to Fury Road when it goes.
Tom Hardy Reunited With 'Inception' Helmer Chris Nolan On 'Batman'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Hacksaw Ridge’ Leads Australian Academy Awards Nominations – Full List
- Megyn Kelly To Guest Co-Host ‘Live With Kelly’ As Rupert Murdoch Courts Her Via Newspaper Interview
- Karl Rove Defends Megyn Kelly, Dings Donald Trump And Newt Gingrich For “Sex” Talk
- Skyler Gisondo Joins ‘Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later’; ‘Mating’ Adds Emma Duncan
- Stephen Colbert Explains To Newt Gingrich Why Sex Always Is More Interesting Than Public Policy
- ABC Sets John Corey Cop Drama Based On Novels; Mace Neufeld & John Davis To EP