EXCLUSIVE: While Tom Hardy’s plan to play Mad Max in the George Miller-directed Mad Max: Fury Road has hit another delay, the fast-rising Hardy’s in the mix for another big film at Warner Bros. I’m told that Hardy has been set by his Inception director Chris Nolan for a lead role in the next Batman film at Warner Bros. Insiders are keeping the role secret and won’t even say if he’s up for a villain role, but that seems a reasonable assumption. Hardy has followed up Inception with lead roles in the Tomas Alfredson-directed adaptation of the John Le Carre novel Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, and he’s currently starring with Chris Pine and Reese Witherspoon in the McG-directed Fox comedy This Means War. CAA reps Hardy, who’s expected to return to Fury Road when it goes.
Tom Hardy Reunited With 'Inception' Helmer Chris Nolan On 'Batman'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pretty Little Liars' Spinoff 'The Perfectionists' Starring Sasha Pieterse & Janel Parrish Gets Freeform Pilot Order
Latest TV News
- Gaumont TV’s Stephen King Series ‘N’ Now Titled ‘8’; Creatives Confirmed
- Donald Trump Twitter Trashes NFL, Revels In Games’ TV Ratings
- Jordan Klepper Bows Before “Glistening Slab Of Texas Truth” Alex Jones In ‘The Opposition’ Launch
- Joe Scarborough Hammers Donald Trump For Using John McCain As ‘Political Punchline’
- Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump, Like NFL Protest, Has ‘Everything To Do With Race’
- CAA Stake Acquired By Singapore’s Temasek