EXCLUSIVE: While Tom Hardy’s plan to play Mad Max in the George Miller-directed Mad Max: Fury Road has hit another delay, the fast-rising Hardy’s in the mix for another big film at Warner Bros. I’m told that Hardy has been set by his Inception director Chris Nolan for a lead role in the next Batman film at Warner Bros. Insiders are keeping the role secret and won’t even say if he’s up for a villain role, but that seems a reasonable assumption. Hardy has followed up Inception with lead roles in the Tomas Alfredson-directed adaptation of the John Le Carre novel Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, and he’s currently starring with Chris Pine and Reese Witherspoon in the McG-directed Fox comedy This Means War. CAA reps Hardy, who’s expected to return to Fury Road when it goes.
Tom Hardy Reunited With 'Inception' Helmer Chris Nolan On 'Batman'
What's Hot on Deadline
Donald Trump Takes Mark Cuban's Pre-Debate Bait; Campaign Manager Says No Trump Ticket For Gennifer Flowers
'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas Again As 'Magnificent 7' Corrals $19.2M & 'Storks' Bundles $18.3M - Intl Box Office
'Magnificent Seven's $35M Opening A Career Best For Antoine Fuqua; 'Storks' At $21.8M - Sunday AM B.O. Final Update
Latest TV News
- Matt LeBlanc In ‘Top Gear’ Driver’s Seat With Two-Season Hosting Deal
- ‘Power’ EP On Tonight’s Arresting Finale, What’s Next & Sung Kang’s Season 4 Role
- Arnold Palmer Dies: Golf Legend And Golf Channel Co-Founder Was 87
- ‘This Is Us’, ‘Bull’ & ‘Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ Lead Tuesday…
- Amazon’s ‘Good Girls Revolt’ Repaints History With ‘Mad Men’ Brush – Trailer
- Jane Pauley Named Anchor Of ‘CBS Sunday Morning’; Will Succeed Charles Osgood