EXCLUSIVE: While Tom Hardy’s plan to play Mad Max in the George Miller-directed Mad Max: Fury Road has hit another delay, the fast-rising Hardy’s in the mix for another big film at Warner Bros. I’m told that Hardy has been set by his Inception director Chris Nolan for a lead role in the next Batman film at Warner Bros. Insiders are keeping the role secret and won’t even say if he’s up for a villain role, but that seems a reasonable assumption. Hardy has followed up Inception with lead roles in the Tomas Alfredson-directed adaptation of the John Le Carre novel Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, and he’s currently starring with Chris Pine and Reese Witherspoon in the McG-directed Fox comedy This Means War. CAA reps Hardy, who’s expected to return to Fury Road when it goes.
Tom Hardy Reunited With 'Inception' Helmer Chris Nolan On 'Batman'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Trek Beyond' Dips Below $60M; 'Lights Out' Electrifies; 'Ice Age' Bit By 'Pets' -- Box Office Sat. AM
Latest TV News
- ‘SNL’s Cecily Strong To Guest Star On ‘Scream Queens’ Season 2 – Comic-Con
- ‘Orphan Black’ Sneaks Tease Of Final Season 5 – Comic-Con
- Violence, Vodka & Season 4.2 Trailer At The ‘Vikings’ Panel – Comic-Con
- ‘Sleepy Hollow’: Janina Gavankar Cast As Ichabod Crane’s New Partner
- ‘South Park’ Celebrates Its 20th Season With New Logo, Video – Comic-Con
- Munich Shootings: At Least 10 Dead, Including Gunman, Who Police Say Likely Acted Alone – Update