EXCLUSIVE: While Tom Hardy’s plan to play Mad Max in the George Miller-directed Mad Max: Fury Road has hit another delay, the fast-rising Hardy’s in the mix for another big film at Warner Bros. I’m told that Hardy has been set by his Inception director Chris Nolan for a lead role in the next Batman film at Warner Bros. Insiders are keeping the role secret and won’t even say if he’s up for a villain role, but that seems a reasonable assumption. Hardy has followed up Inception with lead roles in the Tomas Alfredson-directed adaptation of the John Le Carre novel Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, and he’s currently starring with Chris Pine and Reese Witherspoon in the McG-directed Fox comedy This Means War. CAA reps Hardy, who’s expected to return to Fury Road when it goes.
Tom Hardy Reunited With 'Inception' Helmer Chris Nolan On 'Batman'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Power Rangers', 'CHIPS' & A Deep-Space Alien Won't Take This 'Beauty And The Beast' Down - Weekend Box Office Preview
Latest TV News
- Jimmy Kimmel Mulls Donald Trump’s Campaign Chairman's Ties To Russia
- ‘Empire’ Season 3B Teaser: Eva Longoria & Demi Moore Make Their Debut
- Berto Colon Joins ABC’s ‘The Trustee’ Pilot; Robert Baker In ‘Charlie Foxtrot’
- Disney Nailed As ‘Home Improvement’ Profit-Sharing Suit Revived By Court
- ‘Shots Fired’ Stars Talk About Making Timely Series As Real Events Swirled
- Fox Sets Summer Premiere Dates For ‘Love Connection’; ‘Beat Shazam’, ‘MasterChef’ Season 8…