EXCLUSIVE: While Tom Hardy’s plan to play Mad Max in the George Miller-directed Mad Max: Fury Road has hit another delay, the fast-rising Hardy’s in the mix for another big film at Warner Bros. I’m told that Hardy has been set by his Inception director Chris Nolan for a lead role in the next Batman film at Warner Bros. Insiders are keeping the role secret and won’t even say if he’s up for a villain role, but that seems a reasonable assumption. Hardy has followed up Inception with lead roles in the Tomas Alfredson-directed adaptation of the John Le Carre novel Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, and he’s currently starring with Chris Pine and Reese Witherspoon in the McG-directed Fox comedy This Means War. CAA reps Hardy, who’s expected to return to Fury Road when it goes.
Tom Hardy Reunited With 'Inception' Helmer Chris Nolan On 'Batman'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sarah Silverman Calls Fellow Bernie Sanders Supporters "Ridiculous"; Al Franken Rips Donald Trump At DNC - Update
DNC Gavels In As Talk Swirls Of Bernie Sanders' Name Being Put In Nomination; Ohio Rep. Made Convention Chair
'Jason Bourne' Should Lead Box Office, But Not Ladies Looking For 'Bad Moms' & 'Nerve' - B.O. Preview
Latest TV News
- ‘Superior Donuts’: Judd Hirsch To Star In New Pilot For CBS Comedy In Recasting
- Comedian DC Young Fly Signs With ICM Partners
- ‘Project Greenlight’ Canceled By HBO
- Shonda Rhimes, Bryan Cranston & Dozens Of Other Celebrities Join Anti-Trump Campaign
- Elizabeth Banks Makes Donald Trump Entrance At DNC, Says He’s Stealing Her ‘Hunger Games’ Act
- Brit Morgan Joins ‘The Arrangement’ Drama Series On E!