EXCLUSIVE: While Tom Hardy’s plan to play Mad Max in the George Miller-directed Mad Max: Fury Road has hit another delay, the fast-rising Hardy’s in the mix for another big film at Warner Bros. I’m told that Hardy has been set by his Inception director Chris Nolan for a lead role in the next Batman film at Warner Bros. Insiders are keeping the role secret and won’t even say if he’s up for a villain role, but that seems a reasonable assumption. Hardy has followed up Inception with lead roles in the Tomas Alfredson-directed adaptation of the John Le Carre novel Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, and he’s currently starring with Chris Pine and Reese Witherspoon in the McG-directed Fox comedy This Means War. CAA reps Hardy, who’s expected to return to Fury Road when it goes.
Tom Hardy Reunited With 'Inception' Helmer Chris Nolan On 'Batman'
What's Hot on Deadline
Donald Trump Takes Mark Cuban's Pre-Debate Bait; Bill Maher Joins Celebs Prepping For Monday - UPDATE
Latest TV News
- California Enacts Law Preventing IMDb From Listing Actors' Ages
- Courtney Cox & Lisa Kudrow Are There For Each Other For ‘Friends’ Quiz
- ‘Big Bang’, ‘Gotham’, ‘Lucifer’, ‘Good Place’ Lead Premiere Monday L3…
- Donald Trump Takes Mark Cuban’s Pre-Debate Bait; Bill Maher Joins Celebs Prepping For Monday – UPDATE
- ‘MacGyver’ Off To Strong Ratings Start On Friday, ‘The Exorcist’ Modest In Debut
- Bruce Springsteen Talks Elvis, Beatles And Trump On Stephen Colbert’s ‘Late Show’