EXCLUSIVE: While Tom Hardy’s plan to play Mad Max in the George Miller-directed Mad Max: Fury Road has hit another delay, the fast-rising Hardy’s in the mix for another big film at Warner Bros. I’m told that Hardy has been set by his Inception director Chris Nolan for a lead role in the next Batman film at Warner Bros. Insiders are keeping the role secret and won’t even say if he’s up for a villain role, but that seems a reasonable assumption. Hardy has followed up Inception with lead roles in the Tomas Alfredson-directed adaptation of the John Le Carre novel Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, and he’s currently starring with Chris Pine and Reese Witherspoon in the McG-directed Fox comedy This Means War. CAA reps Hardy, who’s expected to return to Fury Road when it goes.
Tom Hardy Reunited With 'Inception' Helmer Chris Nolan On 'Batman'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- How Warner Bros And Andrew Lazar Won War Photog Book Scrum
- Steve Martin To Take ‘Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk’ With Ang Lee
- Fox Buys ‘Foxcatcher’ Co-Writer Dan Futterman Spec ‘A Shot In The Eye'; Matt Reeves Producing
- Skydance Gets Its Own Marketing Maven: Anne Globe Hired As CMO
- Tribeca Film Festival Firms World Narrative, Docus And Viewpoint Titles
- Netflix Outbidding Movie Buyers? Near Whopping Deal For ‘Beasts Of No Nation’