EXCLUSIVE: While Tom Hardy’s plan to play Mad Max in the George Miller-directed Mad Max: Fury Road has hit another delay, the fast-rising Hardy’s in the mix for another big film at Warner Bros. I’m told that Hardy has been set by his Inception director Chris Nolan for a lead role in the next Batman film at Warner Bros. Insiders are keeping the role secret and won’t even say if he’s up for a villain role, but that seems a reasonable assumption. Hardy has followed up Inception with lead roles in the Tomas Alfredson-directed adaptation of the John Le Carre novel Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, and he’s currently starring with Chris Pine and Reese Witherspoon in the McG-directed Fox comedy This Means War. CAA reps Hardy, who’s expected to return to Fury Road when it goes.
Tom Hardy Reunited With 'Inception' Helmer Chris Nolan On 'Batman'
What's Hot on Deadline
'The White Princess': Alex Kalymnios To Direct Starz Miniseries; Amy Manson, Andrew Whipp, Patrick Gibson Join Cast
Donald Trump Battling Mexico President Over Whether They Talked About Paying For Wall, Ending Brief Truce
Latest TV News
- Judge Judy Sheindlin Developing Series Based On Her Life At CBS
- Donald Trump Battling Mexico President Over Whether They Talked About Paying For Wall, Ending Brief Truce
- ‘Mozart In The Jungle’ Adds Prema Cruz; Bethany Joy Lenz Joins ‘Colony’
- New UTA Venue Giving Artists Some Space
- Chastity Dotson To Recur On Amazon’s ‘Patriot’ & Fox’s ‘Pitch’
- ABC Buys Iranian-American Family Comedy From Andrew Reich & Reza Aslan