EXCLUSIVE: While Tom Hardy’s plan to play Mad Max in the George Miller-directed Mad Max: Fury Road has hit another delay, the fast-rising Hardy’s in the mix for another big film at Warner Bros. I’m told that Hardy has been set by his Inception director Chris Nolan for a lead role in the next Batman film at Warner Bros. Insiders are keeping the role secret and won’t even say if he’s up for a villain role, but that seems a reasonable assumption. Hardy has followed up Inception with lead roles in the Tomas Alfredson-directed adaptation of the John Le Carre novel Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, and he’s currently starring with Chris Pine and Reese Witherspoon in the McG-directed Fox comedy This Means War. CAA reps Hardy, who’s expected to return to Fury Road when it goes.
Tom Hardy Reunited With 'Inception' Helmer Chris Nolan On 'Batman'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bart & Fleming: What Leo Plays In Tarantino Film; Why Gender Argument On Wahlberg/Williams Was Wrong
Latest TV News
- Helen Mirren On Hollywood Time’s Up Movement: “About Time”
- ‘Heathers’ Red Band Trailer: First Footage Of Shannen Doherty In Paramount Network Reboot
- PGA Finalizes List Of Eligible Producers For Its TV & Docu Nominees – Update
- Sidney Yost & Amazing Animals Prods Hit With Fines, License Revocation Over Animal Welfare Act Violations; Appealing Government…
- Luc Besson’s EuropaCorp Eyes Options As Potential Suitors Kick Tires
- The CW Hires Julie Jarmon As VP Scripted Development, Promotes Two