EXCLUSIVE: While Tom Hardy’s plan to play Mad Max in the George Miller-directed Mad Max: Fury Road has hit another delay, the fast-rising Hardy’s in the mix for another big film at Warner Bros. I’m told that Hardy has been set by his Inception director Chris Nolan for a lead role in the next Batman film at Warner Bros. Insiders are keeping the role secret and won’t even say if he’s up for a villain role, but that seems a reasonable assumption. Hardy has followed up Inception with lead roles in the Tomas Alfredson-directed adaptation of the John Le Carre novel Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, and he’s currently starring with Chris Pine and Reese Witherspoon in the McG-directed Fox comedy This Means War. CAA reps Hardy, who’s expected to return to Fury Road when it goes.
Tom Hardy Reunited With 'Inception' Helmer Chris Nolan On 'Batman'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Hidden Figures' Calculates $27.5M Weekend, 'Rogue' Passes $500M, Other Movies Bomb Over MLK - Box Office Final
'Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee' Moves To Netflix As Part Of Big Jerry Seinfeld Deal That Includes Specials & Series
Latest TV News
- Brian Grazer On Indie Imagine TV, ‘Legacy’ Timing & Why ’24’ Movie Didn’t Happen
- Ovation TV Acquires ‘Versailles’ Season 2; ‘Taboo’ Sells To Multiple Territories – NATPE
- CBS Picks Up Dana Klein/Mark Feuerstein Comedy, Andy Weir NASA Drama To Pilot
- Team Trump Fires Back At Ex-‘Apprentice’ Contestant’s “Absurd” Lawsuit Over His Denial Of Her Sex Assault Claim…
- Nexstar Completes $4.6B Acquisition Of Media General
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ Moves To Netflix As Part Of Big Jerry Seinfeld Deal That Includes Specials…