EXCLUSIVE: While Tom Hardy’s plan to play Mad Max in the George Miller-directed Mad Max: Fury Road has hit another delay, the fast-rising Hardy’s in the mix for another big film at Warner Bros. I’m told that Hardy has been set by his Inception director Chris Nolan for a lead role in the next Batman film at Warner Bros. Insiders are keeping the role secret and won’t even say if he’s up for a villain role, but that seems a reasonable assumption. Hardy has followed up Inception with lead roles in the Tomas Alfredson-directed adaptation of the John Le Carre novel Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, and he’s currently starring with Chris Pine and Reese Witherspoon in the McG-directed Fox comedy This Means War. CAA reps Hardy, who’s expected to return to Fury Road when it goes.
Tom Hardy Reunited With 'Inception' Helmer Chris Nolan On 'Batman'
What's Hot on Deadline
PGA Awards: 'Birdman' Wins Top Film Prize, 'Breaking Bad' Takes Drama Trophy & 'Orange Is The New Black' Nabs Comedy
'American Sniper' Praised By Michael Moore; Calls Bradley Cooper's Performance "One Of The Best Of The Year" - Update
Ethan Hawke At Sundance: Talks ‘Boyhood’, “Studios Are Making Less & Less Movies” & What Audiences Want To See - Video
More From Fleming Jr
- Nicole Kidman-Starrer ‘Strangerland’ Selling To Alchemy: Sundance
- A24 Closing On ‘The Witch': Sundance
- UPDATE: Relativity Sticks The Landing: $3 Million For Sundance Opener ‘The Bronze’
- Vertical Climbs Into Distribution With ‘Dial A Prayer’ Deal
- Tom Bernard, Luc Robitaille Among Those In Sunday Hockey Game: Sundance
- Warner Bros Plots ‘The Jetsons’ Animated Feature; Matt Lieberman Writing