EXCLUSIVE: While Tom Hardy’s plan to play Mad Max in the George Miller-directed Mad Max: Fury Road has hit another delay, the fast-rising Hardy’s in the mix for another big film at Warner Bros. I’m told that Hardy has been set by his Inception director Chris Nolan for a lead role in the next Batman film at Warner Bros. Insiders are keeping the role secret and won’t even say if he’s up for a villain role, but that seems a reasonable assumption. Hardy has followed up Inception with lead roles in the Tomas Alfredson-directed adaptation of the John Le Carre novel Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, and he’s currently starring with Chris Pine and Reese Witherspoon in the McG-directed Fox comedy This Means War. CAA reps Hardy, who’s expected to return to Fury Road when it goes.
Tom Hardy Reunited With 'Inception' Helmer Chris Nolan On 'Batman'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale & Aftershow: "A.D." Mystery Solved; Cast Would Say Yes To Reunion - Update
'This Is Us': Alexandra Breckenridge, & Jon Huertas Upped To Series Regulars For Season 2 Of NBC Drama
'Hello Again' Trailer: Rumer Willis, T.R. Knight, Martha Plimpton And Audra McDonald In A Rondelay Of Passion
Latest TV News
- Fox-Sky Deal: UK Culture Secretary Inclined To Refer Bid To Competition Authority
- Seth Meyers: Sean Hannity Makes Terrible Donald Trump Wingman
- SAG-AFTRA Members Tout “Solidarity” After Informational Meeting
- Stephen Colbert Fact-Checks Donald Trump Tweet Slamming Washington Post
- CAA Signs Oscar- & Emmy-Winning Writer-Director Aaron Sorkin
- ‘Broadchurch’ Final-Season Review: Olivia Colman & David Tennant Exit With Grace