EXCLUSIVE: While Tom Hardy’s plan to play Mad Max in the George Miller-directed Mad Max: Fury Road has hit another delay, the fast-rising Hardy’s in the mix for another big film at Warner Bros. I’m told that Hardy has been set by his Inception director Chris Nolan for a lead role in the next Batman film at Warner Bros. Insiders are keeping the role secret and won’t even say if he’s up for a villain role, but that seems a reasonable assumption. Hardy has followed up Inception with lead roles in the Tomas Alfredson-directed adaptation of the John Le Carre novel Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, and he’s currently starring with Chris Pine and Reese Witherspoon in the McG-directed Fox comedy This Means War. CAA reps Hardy, who’s expected to return to Fury Road when it goes.
Tom Hardy Reunited With 'Inception' Helmer Chris Nolan On 'Batman'
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver: Steve Bannon Ouster Unsatisfying While "Panderer To White Nationalists" He Worked For Still There
Robert De Niro Lets Loose On Bernie Madoff, How Netflix Is A Savior & Why The Emmys Should Dump On Trump
Latest TV News
- ‘Power’ Hits Season High Viewership, Despite Online Leaks Of Starz Drama
- ‘Labor Of Love’ Reality Series About Women’s Quest To Have A Child In Works At Fox
- ‘Feud’ Casting Director Eric Dawson Talks John Waters Cameo & The Strengths Of Ryan Murphy’s Process
- CBS Lands Hot Gary Sanchez Comedy From Ben Schwartz & Laura Moses, Isla Fisher Comedy In Works At Gloria Sanchez
- Gabrielle Carteris Supporters Continue Win Streak In Local SAG-AFTRA Elections
- Trump Address: Broadcast Networks Adjust Monday Night Programming For Afghanistan Speech