EXCLUSIVE: While Tom Hardy’s plan to play Mad Max in the George Miller-directed Mad Max: Fury Road has hit another delay, the fast-rising Hardy’s in the mix for another big film at Warner Bros. I’m told that Hardy has been set by his Inception director Chris Nolan for a lead role in the next Batman film at Warner Bros. Insiders are keeping the role secret and won’t even say if he’s up for a villain role, but that seems a reasonable assumption. Hardy has followed up Inception with lead roles in the Tomas Alfredson-directed adaptation of the John Le Carre novel Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, and he’s currently starring with Chris Pine and Reese Witherspoon in the McG-directed Fox comedy This Means War. CAA reps Hardy, who’s expected to return to Fury Road when it goes.
Tom Hardy Reunited With 'Inception' Helmer Chris Nolan On 'Batman'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Deadpool' Smacking Christian Grey's February Records With $47.5M+ Friday, Amazing $129M-$136M 4-day
Universal Wins 'The Grownup'; 'Gone Girl' Author Gillian Flynn Short Story Sells In High-Six-Figure Deal
Latest TV News
- Hollywood & Washington React To Scalia Death With Tributes, Biting Criticism
- WGA Award Winners List – Live
- Deadline’s 2016 WGA Awards Live Blog
- Antonin Scalia Dies: Conservative Supreme Court Justice Seen As No Friend To Hollywood
- ‘Shark Tank’ Ratings Hit Season High, ‘Amazing Race’ Steadyish, ’20/20′ Surges
- Nigel Lythgoe To Exec Produce Dance Pic ‘Tackling Romeo’ – Berlin