EXCLUSIVE: While Tom Hardy’s plan to play Mad Max in the George Miller-directed Mad Max: Fury Road has hit another delay, the fast-rising Hardy’s in the mix for another big film at Warner Bros. I’m told that Hardy has been set by his Inception director Chris Nolan for a lead role in the next Batman film at Warner Bros. Insiders are keeping the role secret and won’t even say if he’s up for a villain role, but that seems a reasonable assumption. Hardy has followed up Inception with lead roles in the Tomas Alfredson-directed adaptation of the John Le Carre novel Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, and he’s currently starring with Chris Pine and Reese Witherspoon in the McG-directed Fox comedy This Means War. CAA reps Hardy, who’s expected to return to Fury Road when it goes.
Tom Hardy Reunited With 'Inception' Helmer Chris Nolan On 'Batman'
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Reynolds' Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is 'Clue' With 'Deadpool' Scribes Reese & Wernick
Latest TV News
- Jason Abbruzzese Joins NBC News Digital
- Steve Capus Exit Note Looks To Next Chapter At CBS “Or Elsewhere”
- Mosheh Oinounou Replaces Steve Capus As EP ‘CBS Evening News With Jeff Glor’
- Verizon Boss On Company’s Media M&A Stance: “Nothing Going On Right Now”
- Jimmy Kimmel Seeks Therapy For Best-Picture Trauma In New Oscar Promo
- Verizon Narrowly Misses Q4 Estimates, But Credits Trump Tax Bill For Profit Leap