EXCLUSIVE: After the Oscar-winning The Hurt Locker, director Kathryn Bigelow and writer Mark Boal are aiming high in casting their follow-up, the Paramount Pictures drama set in South America, Triple Frontier (aka Sleeping Dogs). I’m hearing that while he hasn’t committed, Tom Hanks is looking seriously at one of the pic’s lead roles. The story is set in the organized crime haven that exists in the border zone between Paraguay, Argentina and Brazil. Atlas Entertainment’s Charles Roven are producing with Boal and Bigelow. Grant Hill is exec producer. Since the film starts production early next year, the ensemble — there are five primary roles — will come together quickly. Insiders say no offer has been made yet, but Hanks and Bigelow are talking. Hanks next stars with Sandra Bullock in the Stephen Daldry-directed adaptation of the Jonathan Safran Foer novel Extremely Loud And Incredibly Close for Paramount and Warner Bros.
Tom Hanks Mulls Kathryn Bigelow Pic Offer
What's Hot on Deadline
Arrow/Flash Superhero Team-Up Spinoff In Works At CW; Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller, Caity Lotz Star
More From Fleming Jr
- Bart & Fleming: Tom Rothman Rises; Adam Goodman Exits; Raunchy Comediennes
- New Regency Acquires Film For ’71’s Yann Demange To Direct, Plan B To Produce
- Bruce Lee Family Plans New Film Biopic
- A Third Robin Hood Script Enters The Fray; This By King Arthur Scribe Joby Harold
- Rob Letterman Doffs ‘Captain Underpants'; ‘Turbo’s David Soren Being Fitted For DWA Pic
- Will ‘The Crow’ Fly With Jack Huston?