EXCLUSIVE: After the Oscar-winning The Hurt Locker, director Kathryn Bigelow and writer Mark Boal are aiming high in casting their follow-up, the Paramount Pictures drama set in South America, Triple Frontier (aka Sleeping Dogs). I’m hearing that while he hasn’t committed, Tom Hanks is looking seriously at one of the pic’s lead roles. The story is set in the organized crime haven that exists in the border zone between Paraguay, Argentina and Brazil. Atlas Entertainment’s Charles Roven are producing with Boal and Bigelow. Grant Hill is exec producer. Since the film starts production early next year, the ensemble — there are five primary roles — will come together quickly. Insiders say no offer has been made yet, but Hanks and Bigelow are talking. Hanks next stars with Sandra Bullock in the Stephen Daldry-directed adaptation of the Jonathan Safran Foer novel Extremely Loud And Incredibly Close for Paramount and Warner Bros.
Tom Hanks Mulls Kathryn Bigelow Pic Offer
What's Hot on Deadline
'Hitman's Bodyguard' Shooting Toward $19M-$20M; 'Logan Lucky' Not So Fortunate With $7M-$8M - Midday Update
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
Barcelona Terrorist Investigation Grows As Police Thwart Second Attack; 14 Dead, 100+ Hurt In Broad Plot - Update
Latest TV News
- Kim Kardashian To Co-Host ‘Live With Kelly And Ryan’ This Month
- Steve Bannon Exits As Donald Trump’s Chief Strategist, Returns To Breitbart As “Populist Hero”
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ VFX Supervisor Brendan Taylor On Dismantling Church With Potent, Invisible Effects
- Univision Chief: CEOs Must Denounce Racism And The “Current Insanity”
- Stephen Colbert Updates Steve Bannon’s Résumé: Skills Include “Dissolving Enemies In Bathtub”
- NBC Nabs Adult Sibling Drama From Kevin Falls With Put Pilot Commitment