EXCLUSIVE: After the Oscar-winning The Hurt Locker, director Kathryn Bigelow and writer Mark Boal are aiming high in casting their follow-up, the Paramount Pictures drama set in South America, Triple Frontier (aka Sleeping Dogs). I’m hearing that while he hasn’t committed, Tom Hanks is looking seriously at one of the pic’s lead roles. The story is set in the organized crime haven that exists in the border zone between Paraguay, Argentina and Brazil. Atlas Entertainment’s Charles Roven are producing with Boal and Bigelow. Grant Hill is exec producer. Since the film starts production early next year, the ensemble — there are five primary roles — will come together quickly. Insiders say no offer has been made yet, but Hanks and Bigelow are talking. Hanks next stars with Sandra Bullock in the Stephen Daldry-directed adaptation of the Jonathan Safran Foer novel Extremely Loud And Incredibly Close for Paramount and Warner Bros.
Tom Hanks Mulls Kathryn Bigelow Pic Offer
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
Jason Bateman Apologizes To Jessica Walter Over 'Arrested Development' Interview Comments: "I Was Wrong Here"
'Outlander's Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony's 'Bloodshot'; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen Also Aboard
Latest TV News
- David Cross Latest ‘Arrested Development’ Star To Apologize To Jessica Walter; Show’s UK Press…
- Harvey Weinstein Expected To Do Perp Walk Friday When He Surrenders To NYPD
- ‘Cobra Kai’: Martin Kove Becomes Series Regular For Season 2 Of YouTube Show
- ‘Big Little Lies’: P.J. Byrne Set For Season 2 Return
- ‘American Princess’: Lesley Ann Warren & Max Ehrich Set To Recur In Lifetime Series
- Actors’ Equity Re-Elects Kate Shindle As President