EXCLUSIVE: After the Oscar-winning The Hurt Locker, director Kathryn Bigelow and writer Mark Boal are aiming high in casting their follow-up, the Paramount Pictures drama set in South America, Triple Frontier (aka Sleeping Dogs). I’m hearing that while he hasn’t committed, Tom Hanks is looking seriously at one of the pic’s lead roles. The story is set in the organized crime haven that exists in the border zone between Paraguay, Argentina and Brazil. Atlas Entertainment’s Charles Roven are producing with Boal and Bigelow. Grant Hill is exec producer. Since the film starts production early next year, the ensemble — there are five primary roles — will come together quickly. Insiders say no offer has been made yet, but Hanks and Bigelow are talking. Hanks next stars with Sandra Bullock in the Stephen Daldry-directed adaptation of the Jonathan Safran Foer novel Extremely Loud And Incredibly Close for Paramount and Warner Bros.
Tom Hanks Mulls Kathryn Bigelow Pic Offer
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Electric Entertainment To Co-Fi Anthony Hopkins Pic 'Go With Me'
- Jacki Weaver Joins James Franco's 'Zeroville'
- Martin Scorsese & Amir Bar-Lev Truckin' On Grateful Dead Documentary Film
- TWC Acquires April Prosser Script 'Plus One'
- Brad Pitt Squirms 'Between Two Ferns': Video
- Steve Carell, Charlie Kaufman Lock 'I.Q. 83′; Viral Outbreak Dumbs Down World