TNT has greenlighted another drama pilot, Mike Robe’s Bird Dog, which has received a cast-contingent order. The project, from Warner Horizon, is a mystery fashioned around an unlikely partnership of two cops who happen to be father and daughter. It centers on Gail McGrath, who followed in her father’s footsteps in becoming a police officer but had little else in common with him. She left the big city she grew up in to move to a small Pacific Northwestern town where she was patrolling the streets until her dad, a NYC cop, showed up on her front doorstep and join her as her new partner. Now this father-daughter team, call sign “Bird Dog,” is being put to the test — not only in solving crimes, but with each other. Robe (Shake, Rattle & Roll) wrote the script and is attached to direct and executive produce the pilot. The pickup comes on the heels of the network putting one of its recently ordered pilots, noir PI drama Hollywood & Vine, on hold because of difficulties casting it. Word spread quickly that TNT was planning to make another pickup in its place. Bird Dog is in the same crime/mystery genre and from the same studio, Warner Horizon, as Hollywood & Vine. Bird Dog joins 3 other pilots ordered by TNT last month: Dallas, Perception and an untitled project from Allan Loeb.
TNT Picks Up 'Bird Dog' Cop Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest TV News
- Nathan Fillion Takes Leaf Out Of Joss Whedon Playbook For eOne’s ABC Cop Drama ‘The Rookie’
- ‘Whiskey Cavalier’: Ana Ortiz To Co-Star In ABC Pilot
- ‘Convicting A Murderer’: Steven Avery Follow-Up In The Works By Documentary Filmmaker Shawn Rech
- ‘Tough Mudder’ Returns To CW & CW Seed
- Sky Italia Boards eOne’s ‘Gaddafi’ From ‘Gomorrah’ Creator Roberto Saviano
- Oprah Winfrey Shrugs Off Donald Trump’s Claim Of Insecurity & ‘60 Minutes’ Bias