TNT has handed a pilot order to Hollywood & Vine, a noir mystery drama from writer Daniel Pyne (Any Given Sunday). Produced by Warner Horizon, Hollywood & Vine takes place in post-WWII Los Angeles. It centers on a savvy private eye with a stoic charm and an uncompromising set of personal values who is dedicated to searching for the truth – even if it means taking on the upper echelons of power in a city balanced precariously between the glamour of Hollywood and Beverly Hills and the dual threat of organized crime and a corrupt police department. Hollywood & Vine, originally featured on TNT’s 2009 development slate, joins 3 other pilots recently ordered by TNT: Dallas, Perception and an untitled project from Allan Loeb. Period series have been on the rise fueled by the popularity of the 1960s ad agency drama Mad Men on AMC. HBO recently rolled out its prohibition era extravaganza Boardwalk Empire; Showtime is prepping The Borgias, a series set during the Italian Renaissance; AMC ordered pilot Hell on Wheels set during the building of the Union Pacific Railroad in the 1860s; while ABC is developing an Pan Am-themed drama set in the 1960s.
TNT Picks Up 1950s Noir PI Drama Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest TV News
- Dan Jinks Sells Three Projects To CBS, Including Comedy Starring Lucas Hazlett
- TV News And Clinton Campaign Thrown Into Tizzy As FBI Looks At Emails Again
- Liz Paulson Upped to SVP Casting At 20th Century Fox TV
- John Zacherle Dies; Pioneering “Cool Ghoul” Horror Host Was 98
- Rob Sharenow On Cops Going Live In A&E Docu Series ‘Live PD’: “They Want the World To See What Really Goes On”…
- AMC Buys ‘Dietland’ Drama From Marti Noxon & Skydance For Series Consideration