TNT has handed a pilot order to Hollywood & Vine, a noir mystery drama from writer Daniel Pyne (Any Given Sunday). Produced by Warner Horizon, Hollywood & Vine takes place in post-WWII Los Angeles. It centers on a savvy private eye with a stoic charm and an uncompromising set of personal values who is dedicated to searching for the truth – even if it means taking on the upper echelons of power in a city balanced precariously between the glamour of Hollywood and Beverly Hills and the dual threat of organized crime and a corrupt police department. Hollywood & Vine, originally featured on TNT’s 2009 development slate, joins 3 other pilots recently ordered by TNT: Dallas, Perception and an untitled project from Allan Loeb. Period series have been on the rise fueled by the popularity of the 1960s ad agency drama Mad Men on AMC. HBO recently rolled out its prohibition era extravaganza Boardwalk Empire; Showtime is prepping The Borgias, a series set during the Italian Renaissance; AMC ordered pilot Hell on Wheels set during the building of the Union Pacific Railroad in the 1860s; while ABC is developing an Pan Am-themed drama set in the 1960s.
TNT Picks Up 1950s Noir PI Drama Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
'Office Christmas Party' Gets Louder With $17M+, Though 'Moana' Still Has Leading Luau; 'La La Land' Huge - Noon Update
Earth Will Feel The Power Of The Force Again: Disney's 'Rogue One' On Course For $280M-$350M Global Opening - Preview
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
Latest TV News
- Fox Buys ‘Basket Case’ Crime Drama From Jeff Eastin & Jason Winer Based On Book
- Judge: LMNO Should Turn Over ‘7 Little Johnstons’ To Discovery
- ‘Celebrity Apprentice’ Host Arnold Schwarzenegger Defends Donald Trump’s Involvement
- Dolly Parton Joins Pentatonix For NBC Holiday Special
- Rudolph Giuliani Will Not Be Part Of Trump Administration
- ABC Buys ‘Down In The Valley’ Crime Drama From David Posamentier & Geoff Moore