There will probably be a lot of boys watching the baseball playoffs on TBS and wondering what the Nickelodeon blimp is doing at the games. TBS revealed today a new marketing stunt for Conan O’Brien’s upcoming late-night talk show on the cable network that will include an orange blimp with the name of the show, Conan, flying over the playoff games. “Finally, subtlety in advertising,” O’Brien tweeted. While not very original, the stunt is at least less awkward than Fox’s marketing decision a few years ago to disperse the casts of its new shows throughout the stadium audience during the World Series. Who can forget the horror in the eyes of the girls form the cast of David E. Kelley’s girls club every time the director of the game broadcast cut to them for a candid shot.
TBS Takes To The Sky To Promote 'Conan'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- K.J. Steinberg Inks Overall Deal With Sony TV, Sells Female Cop Drama To CBS
- Kevin Falls Inks Overall Deal With 20th TV, Sells University Drama To Fox
- Bill Burr To Star In FX Comedy Pilot From 'It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia' Team
- 'Selfie' & 'Manhattan Love Story' Start Soft, Edge Fox Comedies; 'New Orleans' Holds, 'Forever' Drops – Ratings Rat Race
- ABC Pilot 'Clementine' Stays Alive With New Cast Extension, Eyes Summer Run
- Alyssa Milano Exits ABC's 'Mistresses'