There will probably be a lot of boys watching the baseball playoffs on TBS and wondering what the Nickelodeon blimp is doing at the games. TBS revealed today a new marketing stunt for Conan O’Brien’s upcoming late-night talk show on the cable network that will include an orange blimp with the name of the show, Conan, flying over the playoff games. “Finally, subtlety in advertising,” O’Brien tweeted. While not very original, the stunt is at least less awkward than Fox’s marketing decision a few years ago to disperse the casts of its new shows throughout the stadium audience during the World Series. Who can forget the horror in the eyes of the girls form the cast of David E. Kelley’s girls club every time the director of the game broadcast cut to them for a candid shot.
TBS Takes To The Sky To Promote 'Conan'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Ian Sander & Kim Moses Ink First-Look Deal With 20th TV, Set Biblical Drama At Amazon
- Legal Drama From Jerry Bruckheimer & Rick Eid Gets CBS Put Pilot Commitment
- Kevin Connolly To Star In Fox Fantasy Football Comedy From Matthew Berry
- Diego Luna & Gael García Bernal To Produce Adaptation Of Mexican Series 'Niño Santo' For A&E & Amblin TV
- Mark V. Olsen & Will Scheffer Developing HBO Comedy With French Twist
- TNT Orders Cocaine Trade Drama Pilot From Jerry Bruckheimer, Michael Bay & Michelle Ashford