There will probably be a lot of boys watching the baseball playoffs on TBS and wondering what the Nickelodeon blimp is doing at the games. TBS revealed today a new marketing stunt for Conan O’Brien’s upcoming late-night talk show on the cable network that will include an orange blimp with the name of the show, Conan, flying over the playoff games. “Finally, subtlety in advertising,” O’Brien tweeted. While not very original, the stunt is at least less awkward than Fox’s marketing decision a few years ago to disperse the casts of its new shows throughout the stadium audience during the World Series. Who can forget the horror in the eyes of the girls form the cast of David E. Kelley’s girls club every time the director of the game broadcast cut to them for a candid shot.
TBS Takes To The Sky To Promote 'Conan'
What's Hot on Deadline
'I Feel Pretty' Takes In $1M, 'Super Troopers 2' Tickets Strong $1.35M, 'Traffik' With $225K In Thursday Previews
'Love, Gilda' Director On Meeting Gene Wilder & Why Some Gilda Radner 'SNL' Peers Aren't In The Doc - Tribeca
Latest TV News
- ‘Modern Family’ EP Vali Chandrasekaran Inks New Overall Deal With 20th TV
- Tina Fey Talks ’30 Rock’ Reboot Rumors With Jimmy Fallon
- ‘Friday Night Lights’: All Five Seasons Now Live On Hulu
- Slate PR Promotes 10 Across Team
- CBS All Access Lands Muhammad Ali Event Series ‘8 Fights’ For Development With Morgan Freeman Producing
- MTV Orders ‘Too Stupid To Die’ Prank Series From Former MTV Chief Van Toffler