Ambush Entertainment, which made a splash at the Toronto Film Festival with its raucous film Super, is next making a thriller. It has set Xavier Palud to direct Below The Surface from a John Kelly script that will begin pre-production in Puerto Rico in February. Palud, who directed The Eye and Them, takes on the story of a group of scientists and a military escort who are sent to a secluded South Pacific island to investigate the disappearance of a medical research team. The film will be produced by Ambush partners Miranda Bailey and Matthew Leutwyler, along with Dooma Wendschuh and Andrew Levitas of Sekretagent Productions. Ambush returned from the Toronto International Film Festival with an IFC distribution deal for its raucous James Gunn-directed pic Super right after its world premiere midnight screening. And Ambush also made a distribution deal with Image Entertainment for the Helen Hunt-Liev Schreiber drama Every Day, which debuted at earlier festivals. That film will be released in January.
Ambush Entertainment Sets Next Pic
What's Hot on Deadline
CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including 'MacGyver', 'Superior Donuts', 'Life In Pieces' & 'Hawaii Five-0'
Veterans 'Elementary', '2 Broke Girls', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Amazing Race' Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
Latest TV News
- Netflix Eyes Second Coming Of Jesus Drama Series ‘Messiah’ From Mark Burnett & Roma Downey
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ Trailer: Elisabeth Moss Is On A Mission To Survive
- Lemuel Plummer Signs With ICM Partners
- ‘Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt’: Daveed Diggs, Laura Dern Among Season 3 Guest Stars
- Lionsgate, Studiocanal Pact In Oz; French Film Biz Offers Support To U.S. Over Trump Budget Cuts – Global Briefs
- Veterans ‘Elementary’, ‘2 Broke Girls’, ‘Criminal Minds’ & ‘Amazing Race’ Among Series Left In Limbo After…