Ambush Entertainment, which made a splash at the Toronto Film Festival with its raucous film Super, is next making a thriller. It has set Xavier Palud to direct Below The Surface from a John Kelly script that will begin pre-production in Puerto Rico in February. Palud, who directed The Eye and Them, takes on the story of a group of scientists and a military escort who are sent to a secluded South Pacific island to investigate the disappearance of a medical research team. The film will be produced by Ambush partners Miranda Bailey and Matthew Leutwyler, along with Dooma Wendschuh and Andrew Levitas of Sekretagent Productions. Ambush returned from the Toronto International Film Festival with an IFC distribution deal for its raucous James Gunn-directed pic Super right after its world premiere midnight screening. And Ambush also made a distribution deal with Image Entertainment for the Helen Hunt-Liev Schreiber drama Every Day, which debuted at earlier festivals. That film will be released in January.
Ambush Entertainment Sets Next Pic
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Trevor Noah On Trump Ignoring First 100 Days: If Voters Chose The Number They Preferred "You Wouldn’t Be In The White House”
'Bates Motel' Shuts Its Doors With Bloody Series Finale; Will Other Hitchcock Pics Find Their Way To TV?
Latest TV News
- WGA Establishes Strike Fund In Preparation For Walkout
- Tucker Carlson Ratings Keep Pace With Bill O’Reilly On Night 1
- Scott Baio Further Clarifies Comments On Erin Moran’s Death – Update
- ‘The Bachelor’s Chris Soules Arrested For Leaving Scene Of Fatal Crash
- ‘Into The Badlands’ Renewed For Expanded Season 3 By AMC
- FCC Chairman Will Introduce Review Of Media Regulations At May Meeting