Ambush Entertainment, which made a splash at the Toronto Film Festival with its raucous film Super, is next making a thriller. It has set Xavier Palud to direct Below The Surface from a John Kelly script that will begin pre-production in Puerto Rico in February. Palud, who directed The Eye and Them, takes on the story of a group of scientists and a military escort who are sent to a secluded South Pacific island to investigate the disappearance of a medical research team. The film will be produced by Ambush partners Miranda Bailey and Matthew Leutwyler, along with Dooma Wendschuh and Andrew Levitas of Sekretagent Productions. Ambush returned from the Toronto International Film Festival with an IFC distribution deal for its raucous James Gunn-directed pic Super right after its world premiere midnight screening. And Ambush also made a distribution deal with Image Entertainment for the Helen Hunt-Liev Schreiber drama Every Day, which debuted at earlier festivals. That film will be released in January.
Ambush Entertainment Sets Next Pic
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- WGA Members "Ready To Strike" After Round Of Pre-Contract Talks Meetings
- Pondering The Imponderable: How A Restructured Hollywood Would Deal With Striking Writers
- Univision Pulls Ads For Pulse Shooting Show Segment; Club Owner, Mothers, Victims, GLAAD Press Network To Stop ‘Blood Bath…
- Republican Congressman Darrell Issa’s ‘Real Time’ Surprise Call For Special Prosecutor Gains Traction
- ‘The Good Fight’ Adds Nyambi Nyambi As Recurring
- 'American Girl': Gwendoline Yeo To Star In Amazon's Special 'Ivy & Julie 1976: A Happy Balance'