Ambush Entertainment, which made a splash at the Toronto Film Festival with its raucous film Super, is next making a thriller. It has set Xavier Palud to direct Below The Surface from a John Kelly script that will begin pre-production in Puerto Rico in February. Palud, who directed The Eye and Them, takes on the story of a group of scientists and a military escort who are sent to a secluded South Pacific island to investigate the disappearance of a medical research team. The film will be produced by Ambush partners Miranda Bailey and Matthew Leutwyler, along with Dooma Wendschuh and Andrew Levitas of Sekretagent Productions. Ambush returned from the Toronto International Film Festival with an IFC distribution deal for its raucous James Gunn-directed pic Super right after its world premiere midnight screening. And Ambush also made a distribution deal with Image Entertainment for the Helen Hunt-Liev Schreiber drama Every Day, which debuted at earlier festivals. That film will be released in January.
Ambush Entertainment Sets Next Pic
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office: 'If I Stay' Best Of Lifeless Bunch As 'Sin City 2' Tanks, 'Game' Tries To Find Footing And 'Guardians' No. 1
More From Fleming Jr
- Does TV Hurt Movie Careers? 'True Detective's Matthew McConaughey Coveted For 'The Stand' And 'Gold'
- Tobey Maguire's Material Signs Oscar Sharp To Blind Deal Off Short Pic 'The Karman Line'
- Circle Of Confusion's Brad Mendelsohn To Head Lit Department
- Andrew Dominik To Script 'Shaolin Temple' For Helmer Justin Lin
- Brad Grey Takes ALS Plunge With Help From Johnny Knoxville
- EMMYS: Deadline's Live-Blog Special Guest: 'Sons Of Anarchy' Creator Kurt Sutter