The answer is yes — and no. Hereafter screenwriter Peter Morgan told Deadline that he took a meeting with Steven Spielberg “and went to the Universal lot for a meeting at 1 o’clock, and I went into the boardroom, and then an assistant came in and drew the curtains and said Mr. Spielberg is taken to have his meetings in the dark and she turned all the lights off.” Before a lot of crazy rumors start flying, let me clear up any confusion: “It’s a slightly embellished tale,” an insider tells me. “The conference room has a huge window. Sometimes we close the drapes when the sun streams in. The meeting did not take place in the dark.”
Spielberg Taking “Meetings In The Dark”?
What's Hot on Deadline
Jared Kushner Repeats "I Did Not Collude" Doctrine In Rare Public Speech After Meeting With Senate Intel Staff
Latest TV News
- Jimmy Fallon Unveils Former White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer’s New Music Video
- ‘Santa Clarita Diet’: Zach Knighton Set For Major Season 2 Arc On Netflix Comedy
- Sabrina Wind Named TV President Of Jason Reed’s ABC Studios-Based Co.
- Fox News Trades Insults With New York Times Over Coverage Of Botched Plot To Kill ISIS Leader
- ‘Mars’ Season 2: Esai Morales, Roxy Sternberg, Five More Round Out Cast As Production Begins
- Writers’ Health Care Costs Going Up In January