Sony Pictures TV has set up 3 half-hour projects – one at ABC and 2 at NBC – with script commitments that all have penalties attached to all. The ABC project reunited the studio’s non-writing producer Jamie Tarses with Betsy Thomas, creator of the recently canceled TBS sitcom series My Boys, which the two executives produced for Sony TV. Thomas is writing and exec producing the untitled ABC workplace relationships comedy. Tarses is executive producing through her Sony-based shingle Fanfare. The NBC projects come from writers Jeff Bushell (What I Like About You) and Ricky Blitt. The untitled Jeff Bushell comedy, which he is writing and co-executive producing, is set in pediatrician’s office. Sony TV is co-producing with Happy Madison. The untitled Ricky Blitt comedy is an ensemble from a male viewpoint about being single and 40.
Sony Gets Premium Deals For 3 TV Sitcoms
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Simon Cowell Makes U.S. TV Return As A Kinder, Gentler ‘America’s Got Talent’ Judge
- ‘Outcast’ Review: Robert Kirkman’s Cinemax Series Not For The Squeamish
- Verne Lundquist Leaving ‘SEC On CBS’ Booth After 2016; Brad Nessler Subbing In
- Universal TV President Bela Bajaria Out; Pearlena Igbokwe Eyed As Replacement
- Don Mischer Will Be Back As Producer Of Primetime Emmy Awards
- Viacom Watchers Wonder: Who’d Step In If Sumner Redstone Cleans House?