Sony Pictures TV has set up 3 half-hour projects – one at ABC and 2 at NBC – with script commitments that all have penalties attached to all. The ABC project reunited the studio’s non-writing producer Jamie Tarses with Betsy Thomas, creator of the recently canceled TBS sitcom series My Boys, which the two executives produced for Sony TV. Thomas is writing and exec producing the untitled ABC workplace relationships comedy. Tarses is executive producing through her Sony-based shingle Fanfare. The NBC projects come from writers Jeff Bushell (What I Like About You) and Ricky Blitt. The untitled Jeff Bushell comedy, which he is writing and co-executive producing, is set in pediatrician’s office. Sony TV is co-producing with Happy Madison. The untitled Ricky Blitt comedy is an ensemble from a male viewpoint about being single and 40.
Sony Gets Premium Deals For 3 TV Sitcoms
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Fall Festival Verdict: Who's In, Who's Out As The 2014 Oscar Race Gets Its First Real Shot Of Adrenaline
More From Andreeva
- Brad Copeland To Write ABC Comedy Starring Chevy Chase & Beverly D'Angelo
- Angela Kinsey To Topline & Co-Create ABC Buddy Comedy Produced By Darlene Hunt & Will Gluck
- CBS Buys Meatball Restaurant Comedy From Bill Lawrence, Jeff Astrof & All3Media With Production Commitment
- Q&A: Laurence Fishburne On 'Black-Ish' Comedic Turn, 'Hannibal' Return & 'CSI'
- AMC To Board Channel 4 Series 'Humans' As Xbox Entertainment Studios Downsizes Slate & Mulls Possible Future