Sony Pictures TV has set up 3 half-hour projects – one at ABC and 2 at NBC – with script commitments that all have penalties attached to all. The ABC project reunited the studio’s non-writing producer Jamie Tarses with Betsy Thomas, creator of the recently canceled TBS sitcom series My Boys, which the two executives produced for Sony TV. Thomas is writing and exec producing the untitled ABC workplace relationships comedy. Tarses is executive producing through her Sony-based shingle Fanfare. The NBC projects come from writers Jeff Bushell (What I Like About You) and Ricky Blitt. The untitled Jeff Bushell comedy, which he is writing and co-executive producing, is set in pediatrician’s office. Sony TV is co-producing with Happy Madison. The untitled Ricky Blitt comedy is an ensemble from a male viewpoint about being single and 40.
Sony Gets Premium Deals For 3 TV Sitcoms
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Comedy Central Orders '@DadBoner' Animated Pilot Based On Twitter Feed
- NBC Nabs Kari Lizer Mom Comedy With Put Pilot Commitment
- HBO Ups Amy Gravitt, Nick Hall, David Levine & Francesca Orsi To SVP
- BOOM! Studios Inks First-Look Deal With 20th Century Fox TV
- Kevin Frazier Moves From 'The Insider' To 'ET'; Louis Aguirre To Replace Him
- Rachel Brosnahan To Star In CBS Miniseries 'The Dovekeepers'