A big new addition to Grey’s Anatomy – Scott Foley has joined the hit ABC medical drama in a major recurring role. He will play a patient and potential love interest for Kim Raver’s Iraqi veteran Dr. Teddy Altman. Introducing actors as recurring has been Grey’s creator Shonda Rhimes’ preferred way of adding new regulars to the show. Raver, Eric Dane, Kevin McKidd, Jessica Capshaw, Chyler Leigh, Sara Ramirez, Sarah Drew and Jessie Williams all started off as recurring before being bumped up to regulars. In Foley’s case, it would be trickier as his character is a patient. Foley, repped by Paradigm and Brillstein Entertainment, is a familiar face on ABC: he recurred on Cougar Town last season. He also has medical series background: he had a role on the NBC/ABC medical comedy Scrubs. Foley’s series credits also include CBS’ military drama The Unit and the WB’s college dramedy Felicity.
Scott Foley Joins ABC's 'Grey's Anatomy'
What's Hot on Deadline
Thanksgiving Box Office +12% Over 2014, Boosted By 'Mockingjay 2', 'Good Dinosaur' & 'Creed' - Sunday AM Final Update
Latest TV News
- ‘Meet The Press’ Sweeps November Derby For First Time In Four Years
- CBS Opens Wednesday Comedy Block With ‘Mike & Molly’ And ‘2 Broke Girls’, Sets Midseason…
- ‘The Walking Dead’ EP Teases Rest Of Season 6, Negan, Glenn’s Fate & Ratings
- Rachel Nichols Heading Back To ESPN
- ‘The Fosters’ Renewed For Season 4 By ABC Family
- Nat Geo Adapting Martha Raddatz’s ‘The Long Road Home’; E! Renews ‘#Richkids’