A big new addition to Grey’s Anatomy – Scott Foley has joined the hit ABC medical drama in a major recurring role. He will play a patient and potential love interest for Kim Raver’s Iraqi veteran Dr. Teddy Altman. Introducing actors as recurring has been Grey’s creator Shonda Rhimes’ preferred way of adding new regulars to the show. Raver, Eric Dane, Kevin McKidd, Jessica Capshaw, Chyler Leigh, Sara Ramirez, Sarah Drew and Jessie Williams all started off as recurring before being bumped up to regulars. In Foley’s case, it would be trickier as his character is a patient. Foley, repped by Paradigm and Brillstein Entertainment, is a familiar face on ABC: he recurred on Cougar Town last season. He also has medical series background: he had a role on the NBC/ABC medical comedy Scrubs. Foley’s series credits also include CBS’ military drama The Unit and the WB’s college dramedy Felicity.
Scott Foley Joins ABC's 'Grey's Anatomy'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fear The Walking Dead' Finale: Gale Anne Hurd On Season 2, 'Walking Dead' Season 6 & No Zombie Apocalypse Crossover
Latest TV News
- Hulu And Viacom Renew And Expand Streaming Programming Deal
- Kevin Pereira To Host Celebrity Passion Series ‘Super Into’ For TruTV
- ‘The Leftovers’ Opens Season 2 With Early 713K Tuned In To Premiere In L+SD
- ‘The Last Kingdom’ First-Look Clip: Uhtred’s Life-Changing Moment
- ABC Family To Be Renamed As Freeform
- ‘Scorpion’ Ratings Inch Up While ‘Minority Report’ Slips To 0.7 In Adults 18-49