A big new addition to Grey’s Anatomy – Scott Foley has joined the hit ABC medical drama in a major recurring role. He will play a patient and potential love interest for Kim Raver’s Iraqi veteran Dr. Teddy Altman. Introducing actors as recurring has been Grey’s creator Shonda Rhimes’ preferred way of adding new regulars to the show. Raver, Eric Dane, Kevin McKidd, Jessica Capshaw, Chyler Leigh, Sara Ramirez, Sarah Drew and Jessie Williams all started off as recurring before being bumped up to regulars. In Foley’s case, it would be trickier as his character is a patient. Foley, repped by Paradigm and Brillstein Entertainment, is a familiar face on ABC: he recurred on Cougar Town last season. He also has medical series background: he had a role on the NBC/ABC medical comedy Scrubs. Foley’s series credits also include CBS’ military drama The Unit and the WB’s college dramedy Felicity.
Scott Foley Joins ABC's 'Grey's Anatomy'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Megyn Kelly Reveals She Complained About Bill O’Reilly To Fox News Presidents
- Matt Damon, George Clooney Tell ‘GMA’ They Knew Harvey Weinstein Was An “A**hole” But Not A Sexual…
- Bebe Neuwirth Exits CBS Drama Series ‘Madam Secretary’
- ‘Sunday Night Football’ Ratings Rise As Patriots Blow Out Falcons & ‘TWD’ Debuts
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ Renewed For Second Season At CBS All Access
- Netflix Raises $1.6 Billion In Bond Market To Fund Massive Content Spending