A big new addition to Grey’s Anatomy – Scott Foley has joined the hit ABC medical drama in a major recurring role. He will play a patient and potential love interest for Kim Raver’s Iraqi veteran Dr. Teddy Altman. Introducing actors as recurring has been Grey’s creator Shonda Rhimes’ preferred way of adding new regulars to the show. Raver, Eric Dane, Kevin McKidd, Jessica Capshaw, Chyler Leigh, Sara Ramirez, Sarah Drew and Jessie Williams all started off as recurring before being bumped up to regulars. In Foley’s case, it would be trickier as his character is a patient. Foley, repped by Paradigm and Brillstein Entertainment, is a familiar face on ABC: he recurred on Cougar Town last season. He also has medical series background: he had a role on the NBC/ABC medical comedy Scrubs. Foley’s series credits also include CBS’ military drama The Unit and the WB’s college dramedy Felicity.
Scott Foley Joins ABC's 'Grey's Anatomy'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Ghost Wars’ Canceled After One Season At Syfy
- James Cameron Speaks Out On New AMC Sci Fi Series, Oscar Snubs, A Return To ‘Terminator’, And The Effect Of Fox/Disney Merger On…
- The Week In Deadline Video & Podcasts: Maggie Gyllenhaal, Darren Criss, Frankie Shaw
- ‘Meghan Markle’ Dips While ‘Jane The Virgin’ Steady In Friday Ratings
- Robert Durst Admits He May Have Said Too Much In HBO Series ‘The Jinx’
- Bill Maher Asks Michael Avenatti If He Will Run For Office