A big new addition to Grey’s Anatomy – Scott Foley has joined the hit ABC medical drama in a major recurring role. He will play a patient and potential love interest for Kim Raver’s Iraqi veteran Dr. Teddy Altman. Introducing actors as recurring has been Grey’s creator Shonda Rhimes’ preferred way of adding new regulars to the show. Raver, Eric Dane, Kevin McKidd, Jessica Capshaw, Chyler Leigh, Sara Ramirez, Sarah Drew and Jessie Williams all started off as recurring before being bumped up to regulars. In Foley’s case, it would be trickier as his character is a patient. Foley, repped by Paradigm and Brillstein Entertainment, is a familiar face on ABC: he recurred on Cougar Town last season. He also has medical series background: he had a role on the NBC/ABC medical comedy Scrubs. Foley’s series credits also include CBS’ military drama The Unit and the WB’s college dramedy Felicity.
Scott Foley Joins ABC's 'Grey's Anatomy'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Westworld' Finale Postmortem: EP Jonathan Nolan On Season 2's Samurai World, Missing Characters & Dr. Ford's Fate
'Fantastic Beasts' Bests $600M WW; 'Moana' Mints $180M; 'Doctor Strange' Ices 'Deadpool', 'Iron Man 2' - Intl Box Office
Shake-Up At 'Duck Dynasty' Producer Gurney Productions: Founders Placed On "Temporary Leave Of Absence"
Latest TV News
- Cheryl Boone Isaacs To Receive Pioneer Award At CinemaCon
- ‘The Leftovers’: Series-Ending Third Season Set For Spring Premiere
- Longtime UTA Communications Head Chris Day Exiting
- ‘This Is Us’ Casts Adam Bartley As Recurring
- ‘Greenleaf’: Rick Fox Set To Recur In Season 2
- ‘Hunted’ Trailer: First Look At CBS’ Manhunt Competition Series