A big new addition to Grey’s Anatomy – Scott Foley has joined the hit ABC medical drama in a major recurring role. He will play a patient and potential love interest for Kim Raver’s Iraqi veteran Dr. Teddy Altman. Introducing actors as recurring has been Grey’s creator Shonda Rhimes’ preferred way of adding new regulars to the show. Raver, Eric Dane, Kevin McKidd, Jessica Capshaw, Chyler Leigh, Sara Ramirez, Sarah Drew and Jessie Williams all started off as recurring before being bumped up to regulars. In Foley’s case, it would be trickier as his character is a patient. Foley, repped by Paradigm and Brillstein Entertainment, is a familiar face on ABC: he recurred on Cougar Town last season. He also has medical series background: he had a role on the NBC/ABC medical comedy Scrubs. Foley’s series credits also include CBS’ military drama The Unit and the WB’s college dramedy Felicity.
Scott Foley Joins ABC's 'Grey's Anatomy'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- iHeartRadio Music, Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards Top Week’s Twitter TV Ratings
- Want Full California Tax Credit? Bill Says Keep The Music Scoring Local
- Arrow/Flash Spinoff Enlists Arthur Darvill To Play Rip Hunter
- Nickelodeon Hires SVP To Boost Preschool Division Following Layoffs
- ‘Nightly News’ Wee-Hours Eyeballs Poked Out Of Nielsen Ratings
- Emmanuelle Vaugier Joins ABC’s ‘Mistresses'; Japheth Gordon & Joey Pollari Cast In ‘Take It From Us’