A big new addition to Grey’s Anatomy – Scott Foley has joined the hit ABC medical drama in a major recurring role. He will play a patient and potential love interest for Kim Raver’s Iraqi veteran Dr. Teddy Altman. Introducing actors as recurring has been Grey’s creator Shonda Rhimes’ preferred way of adding new regulars to the show. Raver, Eric Dane, Kevin McKidd, Jessica Capshaw, Chyler Leigh, Sara Ramirez, Sarah Drew and Jessie Williams all started off as recurring before being bumped up to regulars. In Foley’s case, it would be trickier as his character is a patient. Foley, repped by Paradigm and Brillstein Entertainment, is a familiar face on ABC: he recurred on Cougar Town last season. He also has medical series background: he had a role on the NBC/ABC medical comedy Scrubs. Foley’s series credits also include CBS’ military drama The Unit and the WB’s college dramedy Felicity.
Scott Foley Joins ABC's 'Grey's Anatomy'
What's Hot on Deadline
White House Reporter Dares To Stream Audio Of White House Press Briefing Live; Republic Still Standing
Latest TV News
- Marvel’s ‘Inhumans’ Debuts New Imax Trailer And Footage Revealing Hair-Raising Action — Comic-Con
- ‘Krypton’ Teaser: First Look At Syfy’s Superman Prequel – Comic-Con
- ‘The Exorcist’ Season 2: Priestly Road Trip, Possible Rance Family Cameos & A Foster Kid Who Kicks Butt…
- MGM Revives ‘Stargate’ Franchise With ‘Stargate Origins’ Digital Series & SVOD Platform – Watch…
- Comic-Con: ‘Legion’ Expands To 10 Episodes For Season 2, Adds Saïd Taghmaoui To The Cast
- Comic-Con: ‘Timeless’ EPs Reveal NBC Admitted “Mistake” In Initial Cancellation, Tease Season 2