EXCLUSIVE: Sarah Self, the well-regarded agent who reps Juno scribe Diablo Cody and regularly packages books for movies, has resigned from Gersh. She dropped the bomb last night. Word is already swirling that she might go to CAA, but Self has time on her contract and she has to be released before anything happens. It is another tough blow for Gersh, which just watched David Kopple move to CAA, with the expectation he will bring with him Spider-Man director Marc Webb when he actually lands there. The CAA speculation comes from the fact that she worked very closely with Kopple. Self didn’t return numerous calls, but the agency is dealing with this as we speak. Self actually started in the CAA mailroom but was made an agent at Gersh. She also reps a lot of young writer/directors that include Geoff LaTulippe, scripter of the recent Drew Barrymore-Justin Long comedy Going the Distance.
Will Diablo Cody Follow Agent Out Of Gersh?
Trending Now on Deadline
Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
'Constantine' Ratings Rise, 'Last Man Standing' Down, 'Shark Tank' Up, 'Blue Bloods' Even; ABC Wins Night In Demo
More From Fleming Jr
- Hobbit Sings Sweet Farewell To Middle Earth
- Charles Sipkins Exiting Sony As Corporate PR Head
- Jean-Marc Vallee To Direct Amy Adams In Janis Joplin Biopic
- Katee Sackhoff Gets 'Girl Flu'
- Richard Linklater Cast For Career Achievement Award
- Josh Boone Says Warner Bros Will Turn Stephen King's 'The Stand' Into Four Films