EXCLUSIVE: Sarah Self, the well-regarded agent who reps Juno scribe Diablo Cody and regularly packages books for movies, has resigned from Gersh. She dropped the bomb last night. Word is already swirling that she might go to CAA, but Self has time on her contract and she has to be released before anything happens. It is another tough blow for Gersh, which just watched David Kopple move to CAA, with the expectation he will bring with him Spider-Man director Marc Webb when he actually lands there. The CAA speculation comes from the fact that she worked very closely with Kopple. Self didn’t return numerous calls, but the agency is dealing with this as we speak. Self actually started in the CAA mailroom but was made an agent at Gersh. She also reps a lot of young writer/directors that include Geoff LaTulippe, scripter of the recent Drew Barrymore-Justin Long comedy Going the Distance.
Will Diablo Cody Follow Agent Out Of Gersh?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Rises To $199M Overseas, $267M+ Global Bow - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘The Carmichael Show’: NBC Sets Postponed Mass-Shooting Episode For This Week
- Alec Baldwin Confirms He’ll Be Back As Donald Trump On ‘SNL’
- Stephen Colbert: Russian Intelligence Are Hardcore Fans, Followed Me Everywhere
- ‘Tremors’ Reboot Starring Kevin Bacon From Blumhouse Gets Syfy Pilot Order
- White House Clobbers CBO Forecast 22M Lose Health Insurance Under Senate Trumpcare Plan
- Eileen Myers Inks Overall Deal With Sony TV, Sells Drama Spec To Showtime