EXCLUSIVE: Sarah Self, the well-regarded agent who reps Juno scribe Diablo Cody and regularly packages books for movies, has resigned from Gersh. She dropped the bomb last night. Word is already swirling that she might go to CAA, but Self has time on her contract and she has to be released before anything happens. It is another tough blow for Gersh, which just watched David Kopple move to CAA, with the expectation he will bring with him Spider-Man director Marc Webb when he actually lands there. The CAA speculation comes from the fact that she worked very closely with Kopple. Self didn’t return numerous calls, but the agency is dealing with this as we speak. Self actually started in the CAA mailroom but was made an agent at Gersh. She also reps a lot of young writer/directors that include Geoff LaTulippe, scripter of the recent Drew Barrymore-Justin Long comedy Going the Distance.
Will Diablo Cody Follow Agent Out Of Gersh?
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest TV News
- ABC Signs Talent Deal With NBA Pilot Star Blondy Baruti
- Kate Shepherd Named EVP Content At Contend
- Sky To Invest $20M In Milan Hub For Arts; Fremantle Picks Up Jude Law’s ‘The Young Pope': Global Briefs
- Former MTV Exec Joins CMT As SVP Communications
- ‘Halt And Catch Fire’ Season 2 Review: Series About Dawn Of Digital Era Returns With Way More RAM
- ‘19 Kids And Counting’ Spinoff May Be Spawned As TLC Wades Through Duggar Mess