EXCLUSIVE: Sarah Self, the well-regarded agent who reps Juno scribe Diablo Cody and regularly packages books for movies, has resigned from Gersh. She dropped the bomb last night. Word is already swirling that she might go to CAA, but Self has time on her contract and she has to be released before anything happens. It is another tough blow for Gersh, which just watched David Kopple move to CAA, with the expectation he will bring with him Spider-Man director Marc Webb when he actually lands there. The CAA speculation comes from the fact that she worked very closely with Kopple. Self didn’t return numerous calls, but the agency is dealing with this as we speak. Self actually started in the CAA mailroom but was made an agent at Gersh. She also reps a lot of young writer/directors that include Geoff LaTulippe, scripter of the recent Drew Barrymore-Justin Long comedy Going the Distance.
Will Diablo Cody Follow Agent Out Of Gersh?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice': 2 New TV Spots Promote Gotham City, Metropolis & Turkish Airlines
Latest TV News
- Amber Coney Joins ‘Dead Of Summer’; Brandon Kyle Goodman In ‘Sunset PPL’
- Producer Marc Platt On Oscars’ Diversity, ‘Bridge Of Spies’ & Making ‘Grease’ Live
- ‘Designated Survivor’: Adan Canto Joins Kiefer Sutherland ABC Drama Series
- Super Bowl Scores 112M Viewers For CBS & NFL, Down From 2015 – Update
- ‘Good Wife’ Creators On Potential Spinoff & Who’s Coming Back For Final Episodes
- ‘The People V. O.J. Simpson’ Viewership Surges To FX High In Live+3 Results