2ND UPDATE: The Screen Actors Guild is investigating the Proud Mary (aka Yellow) film production after receiving complaints from guild members about not being paid on location in Oklahama this month after a stint in Los Angeles. “We’ve received information that there are issues with the production Proud Mary. We are following our normal procedures and investigating the situation. If there are problems, we will take appropriate action,” an insider tells me. I’ve learned that director Nick Cassavetes (The Notebook, Alpha Dog), the film’s director and co-writer with his actress/wife Heather Wahlquist but not the producer as well, is telling cast and crew that the financier is having problems, leaving a large number of union and non-union workers on the film unpaid. Cassavetes “too is owed money by the producers,” an insider just told me. A rep for Cassavetes tells me that the producer on the movie, Joe Q. Bretz from Rose Max, is assuring IATSE that the payroll money will be forthcoming. The story follows a young female drug addict who deals with a host of problems not related to her habit. The cast includes Sienna Miller, Lucy Punch, Ben Foster, Melanie Griffith and Nick’s mother Gena Rowlands.
SAG Probes 'Proud Mary' Payment Problems
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: "First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This. America's On A Roll!"
Latest TV News
- The Hillbillies Have Eyes In New ‘American Horror Story’ Season 6 Teasers
- Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: “First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This. America’s On A Roll!”
- Stephen Colbert Welcomes Comedy Central ‘Broad City’ Talent To ‘Late Show’
- Hillary Clinton Rips Donald Trump For “Bigotry & Bombast” In DNC Speech
- Hollywood Reacts To Hillary Clinton DNC Speech: Making History Leads Way Amid Jokes & Jibes
- Steve Guttenberg “Moved” By Bill Clinton’s ‘Police Academy’ Love