2ND UPDATE: The Screen Actors Guild is investigating the Proud Mary (aka Yellow) film production after receiving complaints from guild members about not being paid on location in Oklahama this month after a stint in Los Angeles. “We’ve received information that there are issues with the production Proud Mary. We are following our normal procedures and investigating the situation. If there are problems, we will take appropriate action,” an insider tells me. I’ve learned that director Nick Cassavetes (The Notebook, Alpha Dog), the film’s director and co-writer with his actress/wife Heather Wahlquist but not the producer as well, is telling cast and crew that the financier is having problems, leaving a large number of union and non-union workers on the film unpaid. Cassavetes “too is owed money by the producers,” an insider just told me. A rep for Cassavetes tells me that the producer on the movie, Joe Q. Bretz from Rose Max, is assuring IATSE that the payroll money will be forthcoming. The story follows a young female drug addict who deals with a host of problems not related to her habit. The cast includes Sienna Miller, Lucy Punch, Ben Foster, Melanie Griffith and Nick’s mother Gena Rowlands.
SAG Probes 'Proud Mary' Payment Problems
What's Hot on Deadline
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest TV News
- ABC Signs Talent Deal With NBA Pilot Star Blondy Baruti
- Kate Shepherd Named EVP Content At Contend
- Sky To Invest $20 Million In Milan Hub For Arts; Fremantle Picks Up Jude Law’s ‘The Young Pope'; Global Briefs
- Former MTV Exec Joins CMT As SVP Communications
- ‘Halt And Catch Fire’ Season 2 Review: Series About Dawn Of Digital Era Returns With Way More RAM
- ‘19 Kids And Counting’ Spinoff May Be Spawned As TLC Wades Through Duggar Mess