Sony Pictures Entertainment has optioned the Neil Strauss non fiction book Emergency!: This Book Will Save Your Life. It will be turned into a film that will be produced by Robert Downey Jr., Susan Downey, and Michael DeLuca. Wall Street 2 scribe Allan Loeb will write it as a potential star vehicle for Downey. The author, concerned about the state of the world, moved his family offshore and remade himself as a survivalist. He became a lock-picking, plane-flying, government-defying guy. This put him a spiral of paranoid fantasies and in proximity of shady lawyers and dangerous cult leaders, billionaire gun nuts and a number of once-normal people whose doubts about the establishment prompted them to move their families into a ridiculous life path.
Robert Downey Jr. Eyes Role As Survivalist
What's Hot on Deadline
'Coco' Now Higher With $74M+ Thanks To A+ CinemaScore; 'Justice League' At $61M+; 'Wonder' Wows At $32M+: Friday AM Update
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
'Man Who Invented Christmas' Review: Dan Stevens & Christopher Plummer Turn Scrooge Origin Tale Into A Holiday Treat
Latest TV News
- Al Franken: “Committed To Regaining Trust”; More Comment Expected Sunday
- Matt Berry Reveals British Comedy ‘Toast Of London’ Is To Return
- CBS and Dish Reach Carriage Agreement
- ‘Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return’ Renewed For Season 2 On Netflix
- Seth Meyers Confirmed For Golden Globes Hosting Gig
- ‘Charlie Brown Thanksgiving’ Special Ratings Top Feast of Holiday Eve Offerings