Sony Pictures Entertainment has optioned the Neil Strauss non fiction book Emergency!: This Book Will Save Your Life. It will be turned into a film that will be produced by Robert Downey Jr., Susan Downey, and Michael DeLuca. Wall Street 2 scribe Allan Loeb will write it as a potential star vehicle for Downey. The author, concerned about the state of the world, moved his family offshore and remade himself as a survivalist. He became a lock-picking, plane-flying, government-defying guy. This put him a spiral of paranoid fantasies and in proximity of shady lawyers and dangerous cult leaders, billionaire gun nuts and a number of once-normal people whose doubts about the establishment prompted them to move their families into a ridiculous life path.
Robert Downey Jr. Eyes Role As Survivalist
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office: 'If I Stay' Best Of Lifeless Bunch As 'Sin City 2' Tanks, 'Game' Tries To Find Footing And 'Guardians' No. 1
More From Fleming Jr
- Does TV Hurt Movie Careers? 'True Detective's Matthew McConaughey Coveted For 'The Stand' And 'Gold'
- Tobey Maguire's Material Signs Oscar Sharp To Blind Deal Off Short Pic 'The Karman Line'
- Circle Of Confusion's Brad Mendelsohn To Head Lit Department
- Andrew Dominik To Script 'Shaolin Temple' For Helmer Justin Lin
- Brad Grey Takes ALS Plunge With Help From Johnny Knoxville
- EMMYS: Deadline's Live-Blog Special Guest: 'Sons Of Anarchy' Creator Kurt Sutter