Sony Pictures Entertainment has optioned the Neil Strauss non fiction book Emergency!: This Book Will Save Your Life. It will be turned into a film that will be produced by Robert Downey Jr., Susan Downey, and Michael DeLuca. Wall Street 2 scribe Allan Loeb will write it as a potential star vehicle for Downey. The author, concerned about the state of the world, moved his family offshore and remade himself as a survivalist. He became a lock-picking, plane-flying, government-defying guy. This put him a spiral of paranoid fantasies and in proximity of shady lawyers and dangerous cult leaders, billionaire gun nuts and a number of once-normal people whose doubts about the establishment prompted them to move their families into a ridiculous life path.
Robert Downey Jr. Eyes Role As Survivalist
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- James Cameron On 'Avatar' Sequels: 'You Will Sh*t Yourself With Your Mouth Wide Open'
- Fox Green Light Starts 'Independence Day' Sequel Countdown
- Sony Hacker Paralysis Reaches Day Two – Update
- Leslie Zemeckis Sells Book On Burlesque Siren Lili St. Cyr
- Weinstein Collars Pharrell Williams, Gwen Stefani For 'Paddington' Tune
- Wonderland Buys Insurgent Scribe Brian Duffield's 'The Babysitter' Spec In Auction