Sony Pictures Entertainment has optioned the Neil Strauss non fiction book Emergency!: This Book Will Save Your Life. It will be turned into a film that will be produced by Robert Downey Jr., Susan Downey, and Michael DeLuca. Wall Street 2 scribe Allan Loeb will write it as a potential star vehicle for Downey. The author, concerned about the state of the world, moved his family offshore and remade himself as a survivalist. He became a lock-picking, plane-flying, government-defying guy. This put him a spiral of paranoid fantasies and in proximity of shady lawyers and dangerous cult leaders, billionaire gun nuts and a number of once-normal people whose doubts about the establishment prompted them to move their families into a ridiculous life path.
Robert Downey Jr. Eyes Role As Survivalist
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $241.96M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert: Houseplant Makes Better Senator Than Marco Rubio After Florida School Shooting
- ‘Staties’: Annie Ilonzeh Cast As Lead Of ABC Drama Pilot
- Tavis Smiley Files Racially Charged Lawsuit Against PBS Over His Firing After Sexual Misconduct Investigation
- Weinstein Co. Bidders Eyeing Sit-Down With New York AG As Lawsuit Stalls Sale
- School Shooting Survivors Tell Jordan Klepper It’s Time To End The “Magic” Of Politician-Purchasing NRA
- TLC’s Elvia Van Es Oliva Joins Studio Ramsay To Head U.S. Office