20th Century Fox and director Ridley Scott have just about completed meetings with actresses to find the Ripley-like heroine for the 3D Alien prequel. I’m told that, so far, Scott’s favorite is The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo star Noomi Rapace. The other names being whispered range from Carey Mulligan to Abbie Cornish, Natalie Portman and Tron: Legacy star Olivia Wilde, the latter of whom met this week. Deadline revealed early this month that Rapace — who got the female lead in Sherlock Holmes 2 – was a possibility for Alien. Now, the studio will be heavily involved in the ultimate decision, and I’m told that Rapace’s English is a consideration. Stay tuned.
Ridley Scott Sweet On 'Dragon Tattoo's Noomi Rapace For 'Alien' Prequel
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Fleming Jr
- Chiwetel Ejiofor Lands On 'The Martian'
- Electric Entertainment To Co-Fi Anthony Hopkins Pic 'Go With Me'
- Jacki Weaver Joins James Franco's 'Zeroville'
- Martin Scorsese & Amir Bar-Lev Truckin' On Grateful Dead Documentary Film
- TWC Acquires April Prosser Script 'Plus One'