20th Century Fox and director Ridley Scott have just about completed meetings with actresses to find the Ripley-like heroine for the 3D Alien prequel. I’m told that, so far, Scott’s favorite is The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo star Noomi Rapace. The other names being whispered range from Carey Mulligan to Abbie Cornish, Natalie Portman and Tron: Legacy star Olivia Wilde, the latter of whom met this week. Deadline revealed early this month that Rapace — who got the female lead in Sherlock Holmes 2 — was a possibility for Alien. Now, the studio will be heavily involved in the ultimate decision, and I’m told that Rapace’s English is a consideration. Stay tuned.
Ridley Scott Sweet On 'Dragon Tattoo's Noomi Rapace For 'Alien' Prequel
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $26.7M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $45.8M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn't - But Who's Complaining After Cinema's World Cup?
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
Latest TV News
- Netflix Rumored To Want Gerard Depardieu For French ‘House Of Cards’
- Anne Meara Dies; Actress, Comedian Of Stiller Family Was 85
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel