I’ve known Richard Johnson for seemingly forever. Yet I never thought he’d leave NYC or even the New York Post despite many lucrative job offers over the years. And several scandals under his watch… But the paper announced today he’s exiting the editorship after nearly 25 years and “moving to Hollywood to work on new digital ventures for News Corp, the parent company of The Post“. (Presumably, this is something News Corp’s Digital Media CEO Jon Miller is incubating.) Surprising, since newsosaur Richard is as old media as they come. “I love Page Six and The Post, but I’ve always wanted to give Los Angeles a try,” he said. Here’s my first piece of advice: learn the difference between Hollywood and LA because they’re not interchangeable. Taking over as the new Page Six editor is Emily Smith.
HUH? Richard Johnson Exits Page Six For Hollywood And News Corp Digital Venture
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Doesn't Create Waves At $26M+; 'Black Panther' Sets Marvel Record & Beats 'Avengers'
Latest TV News
- John Cena, Millie Bobby Brown Salute ‘March For Our Lives’ At Kids’ Choice Awards
- FX Pulls the Plug On Marvel's Deadpool Animated TV Series From Donald Glover
- ‘Fear The Walking Dead’ Showrunners & Cast On Season 4: “A Journey From Isolation To Community”…
- ‘Chicago Fire’ Family Mourns Death Of DuShon Monique Brown – Reactions
- ‘Lost In Space’: Netflix Debuts Remake At Wondercon With Leading Women And Intergalactic Family Dysfunction
- UCLA Entertainment Symposium Tackles Paramount Issues With COO