The veteran actor of stage and screen has died after a brief battle with lung cancer on October 19 in Rancho Mirage. He was 83. Bosley, best known for playing the patriarch Mr. C on Happy Days, won a Tony Award for the 1959 Broadway hit Fiorello! He made his motion picture debut in Love with a Proper Stranger, which starred Natalie Wood and Steve McQueen. He costarred with Angela Lansbury in Murder She Wrote and followed with his own series vehicle, The Father Dowling Mysteries. He returned to Broadway in 1994, starring as Belle’s father in Beauty and the Beast. Bosley is survived by his wife Patricia, his brother Richard Bosley, daughter Amy Baer, who is president/CEO of CBS Films, his stepdaughters Kimberly di Bonaventura and Jamie Van Meter. And seven grandchildren. In lieu of flowers, the family asks that donations be made to the American Cancer Society.
R.I.P. Tom Bosley
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
'Justice League' Currently Stumbling With $97M+ Opening: Are 'Wonder' & 'Thor' Cutting Into Business?
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
Latest TV News
- ‘True Detective’: Carmen Ejogo To Star In Season 3 Of HBO Anthology Series
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Eva Longoria Teams With David Schulner & Nisha Ganatra For ‘Lucky Boy’ Immigrant Drama Series Based On Book
- Ryan Seacrest Denies Behaving “Inappropriately” To E! Stylist, Channel Investigating
- Actress Accuses ‘Girls’ EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him…
- Netflix Orders Comedy Series Starring Rev Run From Amblin TV & ABC Signature