The veteran actor of stage and screen has died after a brief battle with lung cancer on October 19 in Rancho Mirage. He was 83. Bosley, best known for playing the patriarch Mr. C on Happy Days, won a Tony Award for the 1959 Broadway hit Fiorello! He made his motion picture debut in Love with a Proper Stranger, which starred Natalie Wood and Steve McQueen. He costarred with Angela Lansbury in Murder She Wrote and followed with his own series vehicle, The Father Dowling Mysteries. He returned to Broadway in 1994, starring as Belle’s father in Beauty and the Beast. Bosley is survived by his wife Patricia, his brother Richard Bosley, daughter Amy Baer, who is president/CEO of CBS Films, his stepdaughters Kimberly di Bonaventura and Jamie Van Meter. And seven grandchildren. In lieu of flowers, the family asks that donations be made to the American Cancer Society.
R.I.P. Tom Bosley
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
Winter Olympics: Adam Rippon Turns Down NBC Correspondent Position, Net Struggles With Broadcast Gaffes — Update
Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
Latest TV News
- SAG-AFTRA Closes “Wigging” Probe, Says It “Remains Committed” To Ending Practice Of Men Doubling…
- Fergie Apologizes For NBA All-Star Game National Anthem That “Didn’t Strike The Intended Tone”
- Donald Trump Will Attend This Year’s Gridiron Dinner; Still A “Maybe” On White House Correspondents…
- David Parfitt Accuses Harvey Weinstein Of Assaulting Him On ‘My Week With Marilyn’
- NBA All-Star Game Scores In Ratings For TNT & TBS
- Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed