Baby Boomers lost a little bit of their childhood today. June Cleaver has passed away at her home in Santa Monica after a long illness. She was 94. Through 5 decades of television she was always a familiar and reassuring presence, especially in the 1950s and early 1960s sitcom Leave It To Beaver. She even made fun of her “Mom” image in the 1980 spoof Airplane! by playing the passenger who could speak jive. Actor Jerry Mathers, who played Theodore “Beaver” Cleaver, spoke of Billingsley’s talent during a 2000 CNN appearance: “She was a great actress. And in a lot of ways … we kind of stifled her, because her true talent didn’t really come out.”
R.I.P. Barbara Billingsley
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Trevor Noah On Trump Ignoring First 100 Days: If Voters Chose The Number They Preferred "You Wouldn’t Be In The White House”
'Bates Motel' Shuts Its Doors With Bloody Series Finale; Will Other Hitchcock Pics Find Their Way To TV?
Latest TV News
- Seth Meyers & Stephen Colbert Take On Donald Trump’s First 100 Days
- WGA Establishes Strike Fund In Preparation For Walkout
- Tucker Carlson Ratings Keep Pace With Bill O’Reilly On Night 1
- Scott Baio Further Clarifies Comments On Erin Moran’s Death – Update
- ‘The Bachelor’s Chris Soules Arrested For Leaving Scene Of Fatal Crash
- ‘Into The Badlands’ Renewed For Expanded Season 3 By AMC