Pete Segal has made a deal to direct Grudge Match, a Tim Kelleher-scripted comedy about two bitter rivals who are coaxed back into the ring for a grudge match — 50 years after they fought for the title. Billy Gerber and Mark Steven Johnson are producing. On the internet, they are trying to line up the fight card with the likes of Sylvester Stallone and Robert De Niro. Too obvious. I say, go back to the Bucket List tandem of Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman. Actually, insiders said that the characters are in their 60s. Segal last directed 2008′s Get Smart, and if this movie happens, I’m not sure when they will be sounding the bell for that sequel.
Pete Segal To Direct 'Grudge Match'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Hobbit Sings Sweet Farewell To Middle Earth
- Charles Sipkins Exiting Sony As Corporate PR Head
- Jean-Marc Vallee To Direct Amy Adams In Janis Joplin Biopic
- Katee Sackhoff Gets 'Girl Flu'
- Richard Linklater Cast For Career Achievement Award
- Josh Boone Says Warner Bros Will Turn Stephen King's 'The Stand' Into Four Films