Pete Segal has made a deal to direct Grudge Match, a Tim Kelleher-scripted comedy about two bitter rivals who are coaxed back into the ring for a grudge match — 50 years after they fought for the title. Billy Gerber and Mark Steven Johnson are producing. On the internet, they are trying to line up the fight card with the likes of Sylvester Stallone and Robert De Niro. Too obvious. I say, go back to the Bucket List tandem of Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman. Actually, insiders said that the characters are in their 60s. Segal last directed 2008’s Get Smart, and if this movie happens, I’m not sure when they will be sounding the bell for that sequel.
Pete Segal To Direct 'Grudge Match'
What's Hot on Deadline
White House Reporter Dares To Stream Audio Of White House Press Briefing Live; Republic Still Standing
'Hawaii Five-0': Ian Anthony Dale Upped To Regular, Meaghan Rath & Beulah Koale Join Cast After Shake-Up
Latest TV News
- Christina Davis Exits As CBS Head Of Drama Development
- ‘Salvation’ Holds In Week 2, ‘Little Big Shots: Forever Young’ Ticks Down, Gordon Ramsay Shows Inch Up, ‘Big…
- O.J. Simpson Tells Parole Board: “Nobody Ever Accused Me of Pulling Any Weapon On Them”
- A&E Sets Return Date For ‘Leah Remini: Scientology And The Aftermath’
- ‘The Originals’ To End After Season 5 On The CW
- Dick Van Dyke To Receive BAFTA’s Britannia Excellence In TV Award