Another headache for new CNN topper Ken Jautz: the embattled news cable network’s latest primetime offering Parker Spitzer trailed the competition at 8 PM in its debut last night. That’s the one-hour show on CNN hosted by former New York Democratic governor Eliot Spitzer and political columnist Kathleen Parker. It drew 454,000 viewers, 118,000 of them in the 25-54 demographic, finishing No.4 behind HLN’s Nancy Grace (468,000 total viewers, 149,000 in adults 25-54), MSNBC’s Countdown with Keith Olbermann (1,225,000, 329,000 in 25-54) and time slot leader, Fox News’ The O’Reilly Factor (3,112,000, 722,000 in 25-54). Parker Spitzer also dropped from its anemic 7 PM lead-in John King USA (742,000 total viewers, 101,000 in 25-54. Ironically, Parker Spitzer was down 8% in total viewers and 26% in the demo from the September averages for Rick Sanchez’s Rick’s List, which was filling in at 8 PM.
'Parker Spitzer' Finishes Last In CNN Debut
Trending Now on Deadline
'Midnight Rider' Trial Date Set For Indicted Filmmakers; 1st Assistant Director Hillary Schwartz Turns Herself In
More From Andreeva
- ABC Pilot 'Clementine' Stays Alive With New Cast Extension, Eyes Summer Run
- Alyssa Milano Exits ABC's 'Mistresses'
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn
- Julianna Margulies Inks Production Deal With CBS Studios
- 'Hand Of God' To Go To Series, Two Others Likely As Amazon Studios Starts Making Series Pickup Decisions
- ABC Nabs 1970s Female Cop Drama From Fake Empire & Kapital Entertainment As Put Pilot