The most recent promo for NBC’s new comedy series Outsourced aired last night during the network’s Sunday Night Football and featured an NBC press release’s quote disguised as a critic’s praise. It turns out this was a mistake by the NBC department that cut the promo and pulled the quote without verifying its source. Now the promo has been shelved and will not air again. Here’s a low-quality clip which a viewer posted on YouTube. The voiceover reads: “The critics have made the call: Outsourced is a ‘natural companion for The Office‘, ‘hilarious culture clash'”. Problem is, one excerpt attributed to EW is from a very mixed review. And the phrase, “hilarious culture clash” attibuted to another media outlet, is in fact from the network’s own description of the show in its upfront press release. Outsourced was and still is at the center of a pre-launch controversy as many questioned its subject matter — outsourcing American jobs to India — and its portrayal of Indians.
NBC Had To Pull Promo For 'Outsourced'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Actor Neil Fingleton Dies: UK’s Tallest Man Was 36
- Hollywood Mourns Bill Paxton: “A Wonderful Man”, Says Tom Hanks
- Bill Paxton Had Completed Order For CBS’ ‘Training Day’ Before His Death
- Spokesperson Explains Donald Trump’s Press Dinner No-Show: “We Spend Enough Time Around Each Other”
- Bill Paxton Dies: ‘Twister’, ‘Big Love’ Actor Was 61
- WGA Members "Ready To Strike" After Round Of Pre-Contract Talks Meetings