The most recent promo for NBC’s new comedy series Outsourced aired last night during the network’s Sunday Night Football and featured an NBC press release’s quote disguised as a critic’s praise. It turns out this was a mistake by the NBC department that cut the promo and pulled the quote without verifying its source. Now the promo has been shelved and will not air again. Here’s a low-quality clip which a viewer posted on YouTube. The voiceover reads: “The critics have made the call: Outsourced is a ‘natural companion for The Office‘, ‘hilarious culture clash'”. Problem is, one excerpt attributed to EW is from a very mixed review. And the phrase, “hilarious culture clash” attibuted to another media outlet, is in fact from the network’s own description of the show in its upfront press release. Outsourced was and still is at the center of a pre-launch controversy as many questioned its subject matter — outsourcing American jobs to India — and its portrayal of Indians.
NBC Had To Pull Promo For 'Outsourced'
What's Hot on Deadline
How 'Pirates' & 'Baywatch' Are Casualties Of Summer Franchise Fatigue At The Domestic B.O. — Sunday AM
Cannes: 'The Square' Takes Palme D'Or; Sofia Coppola Best Director; Acting Honors For Joaquin Phoenix & Diane Kruger
How Lynne Ramsay Got Over 'Jane Got A Gun' & Embraced Joaquin Phoenix Noir 'You Were Never Really Here' - Cannes
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Comes Home, Fires Up Twitter, Rips Media & New Normal Resumes
- With ‘Empire’ And ‘Star,’ Lee Daniels Continues To Tell The Untold Stories Of The Marginalized — Deadline…
- A-Rod Signs With ABC News, Expanding TV Presence Beyond Sports
- Ryan Murphy On The Risk And Reward Of Setting His Own Path – Deadline Disruptors
- Donald Trump Gets ‘Bachelor’ Bashed By California Lt. Governor Over Paris Accord
- Zbigniew Brzezinski Dies: Jimmy Carter’s National Security Adviser & MSNBC Host Mika Brzezinski’s Father Was 89