The most recent promo for NBC’s new comedy series Outsourced aired last night during the network’s Sunday Night Football and featured an NBC press release’s quote disguised as a critic’s praise. It turns out this was a mistake by the NBC department that cut the promo and pulled the quote without verifying its source. Now the promo has been shelved and will not air again. Here’s a low-quality clip which a viewer posted on YouTube. The voiceover reads: “The critics have made the call: Outsourced is a ‘natural companion for The Office‘, ‘hilarious culture clash'”. Problem is, one excerpt attributed to EW is from a very mixed review. And the phrase, “hilarious culture clash” attibuted to another media outlet, is in fact from the network’s own description of the show in its upfront press release. Outsourced was and still is at the center of a pre-launch controversy as many questioned its subject matter — outsourcing American jobs to India — and its portrayal of Indians.
NBC Had To Pull Promo For 'Outsourced'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Modern Family’ Young Adult Cast Members Ink New Deals With Pay Bumps
- ‘Candy’ Crushed In Sunday Ratings
- PalmStar Media Closes Near $12M National Lampoon Deal; Can Laugh Brand Regain Luster?
- Cinema Audio Society Sets 2018 Awards Date, Timeline
- ‘The Oath’: Robert Gossett & Isaac Keys Set To Recur In Crackle Drama Series