The most recent promo for NBC’s new comedy series Outsourced aired last night during the network’s Sunday Night Football and featured an NBC press release’s quote disguised as a critic’s praise. It turns out this was a mistake by the NBC department that cut the promo and pulled the quote without verifying its source. Now the promo has been shelved and will not air again. Here’s a low-quality clip which a viewer posted on YouTube. The voiceover reads: “The critics have made the call: Outsourced is a ‘natural companion for The Office‘, ‘hilarious culture clash'”. Problem is, one excerpt attributed to EW is from a very mixed review. And the phrase, “hilarious culture clash” attibuted to another media outlet, is in fact from the network’s own description of the show in its upfront press release. Outsourced was and still is at the center of a pre-launch controversy as many questioned its subject matter — outsourcing American jobs to India — and its portrayal of Indians.
NBC Had To Pull Promo For 'Outsourced'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Francesca Eastwood Signs With Brillstein Entertainment Partners
- ‘The Chi’: Sonja Sohn & Jenn An Set To Recur On Showtime Drama
- Fox Network Head Of Marketing Angela Courtin Exits
- ‘The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air’ Cast Reunites For Maxin’-Relaxin’ Photo
- Darlene Cates Dies: ‘What’s Eating Gilbert Grape’ Star Was 69
- Stephen Colbert Hangs On To Total Viewer Lead With “Illusion” Episodes