The most recent promo for NBC’s new comedy series Outsourced aired last night during the network’s Sunday Night Football and featured an NBC press release’s quote disguised as a critic’s praise. It turns out this was a mistake by the NBC department that cut the promo and pulled the quote without verifying its source. Now the promo has been shelved and will not air again. Here’s a low-quality clip which a viewer posted on YouTube. The voiceover reads: “The critics have made the call: Outsourced is a ‘natural companion for The Office‘, ‘hilarious culture clash'”. Problem is, one excerpt attributed to EW is from a very mixed review. And the phrase, “hilarious culture clash” attibuted to another media outlet, is in fact from the network’s own description of the show in its upfront press release. Outsourced was and still is at the center of a pre-launch controversy as many questioned its subject matter — outsourcing American jobs to India — and its portrayal of Indians.
NBC Had To Pull Promo For 'Outsourced'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' Still Gunning For $40M+; 'Ninjago' Dulls Blades To $22M+; 'Friend Request' A Loner With $1.7M
Divorce Comedy With Royal Family Twist From Meghan Markle's Ex-Husband Trevor Engelson Set At Fox With Big Commitment
Latest TV News
- ‘Overtime’ Revelation: Barney Frank Tells Bill Maher His Cousin Was A Stooge
- ‘Real Time’: Bob Costas Proposes Solution To NFL’s Anthem Problem
- CAA Head Of TV Literary Ryan Ly Exits
- Disney And Altice Trade Jabs As Carriage Contract Deadline Looms
- ‘The Exorcist’ Reveals Biting New Photos + Key Art Ahead Of Season 2 Premiere
- Two Comedy Projects From Mike Schur, Including Jeffrey Seller-Produced Musical, Set At NBC With Big Commitments