EXCLUSIVE: The (500) Days of Summer helmer has his hands full as director of the Spider-Man feature reboot for Sony, which is in the thick of casting. Now, shortly after canceling his new drama Lone Star, Fox is jumping back in business with Marc Webb who directed the much-lauded pilot for the short-lived Southwest soap. The network has picked up Battleground, a single-camera comedy executive produced by Webb. The project, an ensemble workplace comedy set in the world of political campaigning, is produced by 20th Century Fox TV, the studio behind Lone Star. Actor J.D. Walsh is writing and co-executive producing Battleground, which has received a script commitment by the network. Webb will supervise the writing and executive produce but is not attached to direct.
New Project At Fox For 'Lone Star' Director
What's Hot on Deadline
'Thursday Night Football' Ratings Down From Thanksgiving 2016, Macy's Parade Steady, 'Young Sheldon' Up
Pete Hammond's Notes On The Season: 'Wonder' Makes Awards Play; 'Dunkirk' Storms The Q&A Circuit; Netflix Sends A Pig To Voters
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
Journalism Schools Rescind Awards Given To Charlie Rose In Wake Of Sexual Misconduct Accusations — Update
Latest TV News
- Peter Baldwin Dies: ‘Mary Tyler Moore’, ‘Wonder Years’ Director Was 86
- Apple Investment In Original Video Will Reach $4.2 Billion By 2022: Report
- ‘Thursday Night Football’ Ratings Down From Thanksgiving 2016, Macy’s Parade Steady, ‘Young…
- Al Franken: “Committed To Regaining Trust”; More Comment Expected Sunday
- Matt Berry Reveals British Comedy ‘Toast Of London’ Is To Return
- CBS and Dish Reach Carriage Agreement