EXCLUSIVE: The (500) Days of Summer helmer has his hands full as director of the Spider-Man feature reboot for Sony, which is in the thick of casting. Now, shortly after canceling his new drama Lone Star, Fox is jumping back in business with Marc Webb who directed the much-lauded pilot for the short-lived Southwest soap. The network has picked up Battleground, a single-camera comedy executive produced by Webb. The project, an ensemble workplace comedy set in the world of political campaigning, is produced by 20th Century Fox TV, the studio behind Lone Star. Actor J.D. Walsh is writing and co-executive producing Battleground, which has received a script commitment by the network. Webb will supervise the writing and executive produce but is not attached to direct.
New Project At Fox For 'Lone Star' Director
Trending Now on Deadline
Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
'Constantine' Ratings Rise, 'Last Man Standing' Down, 'Shark Tank' Up, 'Blue Bloods' Even; ABC Wins Night In Demo
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates
- Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup