EXCLUSIVE: The (500) Days of Summer helmer has his hands full as director of the Spider-Man feature reboot for Sony, which is in the thick of casting. Now, shortly after canceling his new drama Lone Star, Fox is jumping back in business with Marc Webb who directed the much-lauded pilot for the short-lived Southwest soap. The network has picked up Battleground, a single-camera comedy executive produced by Webb. The project, an ensemble workplace comedy set in the world of political campaigning, is produced by 20th Century Fox TV, the studio behind Lone Star. Actor J.D. Walsh is writing and co-executive producing Battleground, which has received a script commitment by the network. Webb will supervise the writing and executive produce but is not attached to direct.
New Project At Fox For 'Lone Star' Director
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Sony Hack Deepens Rift Between Film & Television Group
- FXX Launches Late-Night Animation Block With Series From ADHD Studios
- 'MasterChef Jr.' Finale Up, 'Voice' Finale Down From 2013, 'NCIS: NOLA' Hits Low
- Julian McMahon & Daisy Betts Join Syfy's 'Childhood's End'
- Endemol, Shine & Core Joint Venture Gets Name, Sets More Top Execs, Merges Distribution & International Operations
- Da'vine Joy Randolph & Sheaun McKinney Cast In Danny McBride HBO Series 'Vice Principals'