EXCLUSIVE: The (500) Days of Summer helmer has his hands full as director of the Spider-Man feature reboot for Sony, which is in the thick of casting. Now, shortly after canceling his new drama Lone Star, Fox is jumping back in business with Marc Webb who directed the much-lauded pilot for the short-lived Southwest soap. The network has picked up Battleground, a single-camera comedy executive produced by Webb. The project, an ensemble workplace comedy set in the world of political campaigning, is produced by 20th Century Fox TV, the studio behind Lone Star. Actor J.D. Walsh is writing and co-executive producing Battleground, which has received a script commitment by the network. Webb will supervise the writing and executive produce but is not attached to direct.
New Project At Fox For 'Lone Star' Director
What's Hot on Deadline
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest TV News
- ABC Signs Talent Deal With NBA Pilot Star Blondy Baruti
- Kate Shepherd Named EVP Content At Contend
- Sky To Invest $20 Million In Milan Hub For Arts; Fremantle Picks Up Jude Law’s ‘The Young Pope'; Global Briefs
- Former MTV Exec Joins CMT As SVP Communications
- ‘Halt And Catch Fire’ Season 2 Review: Series About Dawn Of Digital Era Returns With Way More RAM
- ‘19 Kids And Counting’ Spinoff May Be Spawned As TLC Wades Through Duggar Mess