NBC’s a cappella singing competition series The Sing-Off will return for a five-night second cycle in December with Nick Lachey back as host. The Sing-Off will premiere Monday, December 6 from 8-10 PM. Four 2-hour episodes will follow from 8-10 PM on December 8, 13 and 15 and December 20, when the series will wrap with a live finale. The Sing-Off, from Tenth Planet Prods., Outlaw Prods. and Sony Pictures TV, features 10 a capella groups competing for the $100,000 prize and a Sony Music recording contract. Also returning are celebrity judges Ben Folds, Shawn Stockman and Nicole Scherzinger. Last season, the four December telecasts of The Sing-Off averaged a 2.5/7 share in adults 18-49 and 7.3 million viewers overall. The reality show will preempt NBC’s regular programming on the nights which consists primarily of repeats that time of year.
NBC Slots 'Sing-Off' For December Run
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate