NBC’s a cappella singing competition series The Sing-Off will return for a five-night second cycle in December with Nick Lachey back as host. The Sing-Off will premiere Monday, December 6 from 8-10 PM. Four 2-hour episodes will follow from 8-10 PM on December 8, 13 and 15 and December 20, when the series will wrap with a live finale. The Sing-Off, from Tenth Planet Prods., Outlaw Prods. and Sony Pictures TV, features 10 a capella groups competing for the $100,000 prize and a Sony Music recording contract. Also returning are celebrity judges Ben Folds, Shawn Stockman and Nicole Scherzinger. Last season, the four December telecasts of The Sing-Off averaged a 2.5/7 share in adults 18-49 and 7.3 million viewers overall. The reality show will preempt NBC’s regular programming on the nights which consists primarily of repeats that time of year.
NBC Slots 'Sing-Off' For December Run
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
'Justice League' Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $738M Global - International Box Office
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Charles Manson: Finally, Death Gets One Right
- Sarah Silverman: We Need To “Try To Understand” What’s Behind Sexual Harassment
- American Music Awards 2017 Winners: Diana Ross, Bruno Mars, Lady Gaga Take Top Honors
- Read Weinstein Bidder Maria Contreras-Sweet’s Pitch: $275 Million And Female-Centric Leadership
- PBS Cuts Al Franken From David Letterman’s Mark Twain Prize Broadcast
- Earle Hyman Dies: Veteran Broadway Actor, Cosby TV Dad Was 91