EXCLUSIVE: In one of the most heated bidding wars for a comedy project this season, a new half-hour by The New Adventures of Old Christine creator Kari Lizer just landed at NBC with a big production commitment. All 4 major broadcast networks were after the show, a workplace comedy about a woman helping people transition between jobs. In the end, it went to the network most closely associated with workplace comedy, NBC, and the network where Lizer honed her skills as a comedy writer on Will & Grace for 4 years before segueing to developing. Lizer’s new project is produced by Warner Bros. TV where Lizer is under a multi-year overall deal and Lizer’s Kari’s Logo Here production banner. The last time Lizer developed was during the 2004-05 season when she sold two comedies through WBTV, Christine to CBS and True to the WB. Both got picked up to pilot and Christine went on to become a series, which wrapped its 5-year run on CBS in May and earned star Julia Louis-Dreyfus a best comedy actress Emmy in 2005. BTW, like Vision Art-repped Lizer, I hear Louis-Dreyfus also is a hot commodity this development season, with a slew of writers reaching out to her with show ideas. She is yet to commit to a new series project, so how about a Lizer/Luois-Dreyfus reunion on NBC?
NBC Picks Up Comedy From 'Old Christine' Creator Kari Lizer
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Keeps B.O. Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; How 'I Can Only Imagine' Hit A $17M High Note
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
'SNL' Imagines #MeToo Apology Spree By "Canada's Harvey Weinstein," Trots Out Impressions In 'Jurassic Park' Auditions
Latest TV News
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ Stars Hit PaleyFest To Tease Season 2, Trips To The Colonies, & America’s Descent…
- Desilu Exploring U.S. Public Offering After Acquisition Of Israel’s Vonetize
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Rise With Host Bill Hader
- ‘SNL’ Imagines #MeToo Apology Spree By “Canada’s Harvey Weinstein,” Trots Out Impressions In ‘Jurassic…
- Paramount’s ‘Dora The Explorer’ Movie Set For Australia Shoot After Tax Break Concession
- ‘SNL’: Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits