EXCLUSIVE: In one of the most heated bidding wars for a comedy project this season, a new half-hour by The New Adventures of Old Christine creator Kari Lizer just landed at NBC with a big production commitment. All 4 major broadcast networks were after the show, a workplace comedy about a woman helping people transition between jobs. In the end, it went to the network most closely associated with workplace comedy, NBC, and the network where Lizer honed her skills as a comedy writer on Will & Grace for 4 years before segueing to developing. Lizer’s new project is produced by Warner Bros. TV where Lizer is under a multi-year overall deal and Lizer’s Kari’s Logo Here production banner. The last time Lizer developed was during the 2004-05 season when she sold two comedies through WBTV, Christine to CBS and True to the WB. Both got picked up to pilot and Christine went on to become a series, which wrapped its 5-year run on CBS in May and earned star Julia Louis-Dreyfus a best comedy actress Emmy in 2005. BTW, like Vision Art-repped Lizer, I hear Louis-Dreyfus also is a hot commodity this development season, with a slew of writers reaching out to her with show ideas. She is yet to commit to a new series project, so how about a Lizer/Luois-Dreyfus reunion on NBC?
NBC Picks Up Comedy From 'Old Christine' Creator Kari Lizer
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
David Letterman Talks The Changing Late-Night Landscape, His Talk Show Return On 'Norm Macdonald Live'
Latest TV News
- ITV Earnings Down In First Half Amid UK Advertising Slump
- ‘Hit The Road’ Star Jason Alexander On Making A Family Comedy Not For Families — TCA
- David Letterman Talks The Changing Late-Night Landscape, His Talk Show Return On ‘Norm Macdonald Live’
- ‘Loudermilk’ Star Ron Livingston Wonders If Critics Watch TV Until Their Eyes Bleed – TCA
- ‘Mr. Mercedes’ Director On Tackling Violent Themes — TCA
- Margo Chase Dies In Plane Crash: Chase Design Group Founder Created ‘Buffy’ & ‘Angel’ Logos