After a decade in features, Spin City writer-producer Jeff Lowell is returning to television with a single-camera comedy at NBC produced by ABC Studios and Brillstein Entertainment. The untitled project, which has received a script order, is a romantic comedy about a couple from the point of view of the man and the woman whose unspoken thoughts we can hear via voiceover. “It’s a little bit like the balcony scene from Annie Hall,” Lowell said, adding that he got the idea for the project from reflecting on his relationship with his wife — together since they were 15-years-old. “The secret to happiness and a strong marriage is unexpressed thoughts,” he said. Lowell and his family left Hollywood after his short stint on NBC’s Inside Schwartz in 2001 and moved to Charlottesville, VA. He started writing movies and has had 3 produced: John Tucker Must Die, Over Her Dead Body and Hotel for Dogs. “I never thought I’d go back but I started missing television,” UTA-repped Lowell said.
NBC Developing Comedy With Jeff Lowell
What's Hot on Deadline
Earth Will Feel The Power Of The Force Again: Disney's 'Rogue One' On Course For $280M-$350M Global Opening - Preview
'Spider-Man: Homecoming 2' Shoots Web Around Independence Day 2019; 'Bad Boys 4' Moves To Memorial Day
'Office Christmas Party' Gets Louder With $17M+, Though 'Moana' Still Has Leading Luau; 'La La Land' Huge - Noon Update
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
Latest TV News
- ‘Shameless’ Emmy Rossum’s Salary Demands Vs. Television’s Parity Rule
- Anna Kendrick, Laura Dern & Don Cheadle To Announce 2017 Golden Globes Nominees
- Gurney Productions: “Business As Usual” For Staffers In Wake Of Founders’ Ouster
- Ian Somerhalder & Nikki Reed Producing ‘Transience’ Drama Project For the CW
- Seána Kerslake Inks With Paradigm & Untitled; Van Johnson Company Signs Jason Stuart
- Fox Buys ‘Basket Case’ Crime Drama From Jeff Eastin & Jason Winer Based On Book