After a decade in features, Spin City writer-producer Jeff Lowell is returning to television with a single-camera comedy at NBC produced by ABC Studios and Brillstein Entertainment. The untitled project, which has received a script order, is a romantic comedy about a couple from the point of view of the man and the woman whose unspoken thoughts we can hear via voiceover. “It’s a little bit like the balcony scene from Annie Hall,” Lowell said, adding that he got the idea for the project from reflecting on his relationship with his wife — together since they were 15-years-old. “The secret to happiness and a strong marriage is unexpressed thoughts,” he said. Lowell and his family left Hollywood after his short stint on NBC’s Inside Schwartz in 2001 and moved to Charlottesville, VA. He started writing movies and has had 3 produced: John Tucker Must Die, Over Her Dead Body and Hotel for Dogs. “I never thought I’d go back but I started missing television,” UTA-repped Lowell said.
NBC Developing Comedy With Jeff Lowell
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dunkirk' To See Weekend Victory Of $55M+; 'Girls Trip' Hot At $27M+; 'Valerian' Falling To Earth With $16M
Comic-Con: 'Outlander' EP Ronald D Moore Talks Seasons 3 & 4, Diana Gabaldon, 'Battlestar Galactica' & The Changing SDCC
Sean Spicer Says Melissa McCarthy 'Saturday Night Live' Parody "Funny"; Sean Hannity Reminds Him It's Not
Sean Spicer Resigns As Anthony Scaramucci Named White House Communications Director; Trump Lauds "His Great Television Ratings"
Latest TV News
- ‘Marvel’s The Defenders’ Stuns Fans With Debut Episode Screening & New Trailer For Netflix Series…
- ‘Vikings’ Gets Trailer & Season Premiere Date – Comic-Con
- Crime Experts On Bellum Entertainment Shows Halt Work Until Back Wages Are Paid
- Sean Spicer Says Melissa McCarthy ‘Saturday Night Live’ Parody “Funny”; Sean Hannity Reminds Him…
- ‘Iron Fist’ Renewed For Season 2 On Netflix – Comic-Con
- ‘The Punisher’ Drops New Teaser In Hall H – Comic-Con