New York, NY – October 25, 2010 — The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences (NATAS) announced the recipients of the 62nd Annual Technology & Engineering Emmy Awards that will take place on Thursday, January 6th, 2011 as part of the 2011 International CES in Las Vegas. The presentation will take place in the Marcello Ballroom at The Venetian beginning at 6:30 p.m. Launched in 1948, the Technology and Engineering Emmy Awards honor development and innovation in broadcast technology and recognize companies, organizations and individuals for breakthroughs in technology that have a significant effect on television engineering. The National Academy’s prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award in Technology and Engineering will be presented to Sir Howard Stringer, Chairman and CEO of Sony Corporation. Sir Howard Stringer is one of the most respected executives in the communications industry. Since joining Sony Corporation, he has proven to be an innovative leader, spearheading the adoption of the Blu-ray format while leading the company’s high-profile expansion into digital broadcasting, the Internet and computer technology, including 3D TV.
The individuals and companies that will be honored at the event include:
1. For Development and Production of Portable Tapeless Acquisition: Avid Technology, Inc. Ikegami Co. LTD
2. The Belt Pack: Distributed Amplifier Systems in Live Production: Stan Hubler Dough Leighton Bob Cohen Charlie Butten RTS Systems, Inc. Clearcom (HME)
3. Development of Wireless Intercom: HME (HM Electronics, Inc.) RTS Systems, Inc.
4. Development of Audio Meta Data Process for conforming audio the ATSC digital TV standard: Dolby Laboratories, Inc. Linear Acoustic, Inc.
5. Enabling Standards for the delivery of television via broadband data systems: CableLabs
6. HD Super Motion Systems for acquisition, recording and Playback for Broadcast Entertainment and Sports Productions: NAC Image Technology, Inc. EVS Broadcast Equipment, Inc. Vision Research (An AMETEK® Company) Grass Valley Group
7. Blue Laser Optical Systems for Consumer Playback: Sony Corporation, Inc. Royal Philips Electronics Panasonic Corporation, Inc. TDK Corporation, Inc.