CW has handed out a script order to an untitled drama project starring Gossip Girl‘s Michelle Trachtenberg, which marks the actress’ producing debut. It hails from the creators of CW’s Gossip Girl, Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage, whose Fake Empire banner co-produces the project with Warner Bros. TV and CBS TV Studios. Based on an idea by Trachtenberg, the drama would star the actress as a young criminology student with a gift for profiling and a dark past. Stuart Zicherman (Six Degrees) will write the script and executive produce alongside Schwartz, Savage and Len Goldstein. Trachtenberg will serve as producer. This is Fake Empire’s second hourlong project this season toplined by a young actress from one of Schawrtz’s other shows. Schwartz is writing Ghost Angeles, a supernatural romantic comedy starring The O.C. alumna Rachel Bilson, which received a pilot production commitment from NBC. Trachtenberg has been recurring on Gossip Girl for the past 2 years. She will next be seen in Kids in America.
Michelle Trachtenberg To Develop & Star In CW Drama Produced by Josh Schwartz
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate