EXCLUSIVE: Medium cheated death once in 2009 when CBS rescued it after its cancellation by NBC. But the ghost crime drama might now be coming to an end after a respectable 7-season run on two networks. CBS today cut the order to the series starring Patricia Arquette to 13 episodes. While it has not been cancelled as CBS is keeping its options open, its chances for renewal are considered slim. In a similar fashion, CBS last year cut the order to Friday drama Numbers before canceling it in May. The CBS TV Studios-produced Medium, which has made a lot of money for CBS through its syndication deal with Lifetime, has been the lowest-rated series on CBS this fall following its move from 9 PM to 8 PM on Friday (though it inched up in the ratings last week). With CBS recently picking up all 5 of its freshman series, it had to open up some shelf space for the 3 more series it has ordered for midseason, dramas Chaos and Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior and comedy Mad Love. After fulfilling Medium’s 13-episode order, creator and showrunner Glenn Gordon Caron, who is very well liked within CBS, will focus on development for CBS TV Studios where he is under an overall deal.
'Medium' Order Cut To 13; Is This The End?
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- David Letterman Gets Advice On Next Career Move From Sen. Al Franken
- Ana Ayora Books ‘Banshee’ Role; Mustafa Shakir Joins ‘Quarry’
- Shine Australia CEOs Exiting Amid Endemol Shine Consolidation
- Amazon Developing Drama Based On ‘Boy In The Suitcase’ Mystery Books
- ‘A.D. The Bible Continues’ Review: Burnett-Downey Latest Tops Original
- Amy Winehouse Documentary Finally Gets U.S. Deal, Lands At A24