One of the benefits of shooting a movie in Manhattan is getting access to the town’s stage talent. Matthew Broderick has been set by director Brett Ratner to join the cast of Tower Heist. He joins Ben Stiller, Eddie Murphy, Alan Alda, Tea Leoni, Gabourey Sidibe and Michael Pena in the Universal comedy. Broderick will play Chase Fitzhugh, a Wall Street guy who, like the building staff, had his finances cleaned out by the Bernie Madoff-like character played by Alda, who is under house arrest in the luxury penthouse apartment atop the building. Brian Grazer is producing and Karen Kehela Sherwood and Kim Roth are exec producers. Jeff Nathanson is rewriting Ted Griffin’s draft.
Matthew Broderick Joins 'Tower Heist'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Not So Fast On 'Hey Ho, Let's Go'
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie's Choice For King Arthur
- Dark Day For Civility In Trade Journalism
- Steve Carell Reunites With Julianne Moore In 'Freeheld'
- Paradigm Signs Joe Johnston
- Sony Pictures Locks Tom Hanks, Ron Howard For April 'Inferno' Start