After obesity and addiction, candid kids seems to be the next area for dueling reality series, as Lifetime and TLC prepare to go toe-to-toe with shows hosted by Heidi Klum and Brad Garrett, respectively. Lifetime this morning announced Seriously Funny Kids (working title), a new unscripted series hosted and executive produced by the Project Runway host (and mother of 4), for a 2011 launch. In the vein of Kids Say the Darndest Things, Seriously Funny Kids will feature Klum “interacting with children and bringing out the hilarious and often insightful things they say,” according to Lifetime’s press release. Meanwhile, TLC recently announced a 6-episode order for another series dubbed as a modern take on Kids Say the Darndest Things, hosted by Garrett and executive produced by Ryan Seacrest. Klum and LMNO Prods., which produces Seriously Funny Kids, took the project to the networks in early summer. Klum, Eric Schotz (Kids Say the Darndest Things), Desiree Gruber (Project Runway) and Jane Cha (Project Runway) executive produce. “Someone once said never work with children and animals… so I decided to drop the animals and stick with the kids,” said Klum, who is now expanding her footprint on Lifetime to 2 series. “I have four children under the age of six, and to be honest, sometimes I enjoy them more than adults. They’re uncensored, unpredictable and absolutely hilarious.” Lifetime has been building a reality slate under new president Nancy Dubuc. It recently ordered another unscripted series for next year, The Fairy Jobmother.
Lifetime Joins Candid Kids Reality Fray With New Heidi Klum Series
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Transparent' Creator Jill Soloway Won't Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment On-Set Rules
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- ‘Transparent’ Creator Jill Soloway Won’t Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment…
- Saoirse Ronan To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’, With Musical Guest U2
- ‘SNL’: Trump Boys Inherit Dad-Free Spot With “Juilliard Massage” Of “RickiLakes”
- ‘Stranger Things’: Duffer Brothers And Cast Reflect On Season 2, Keep Tight-Lipped On Season 3
- ‘Parks & Rec’ Mike Schur Says “Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey”; ‘Leftovers’ Damon Lindelof Regrets…
- Lena Dunham Apologizes For Murray Miller Defense Amid Assault Allegations