After obesity and addiction, candid kids seems to be the next area for dueling reality series, as Lifetime and TLC prepare to go toe-to-toe with shows hosted by Heidi Klum and Brad Garrett, respectively. Lifetime this morning announced Seriously Funny Kids (working title), a new unscripted series hosted and executive produced by the Project Runway host (and mother of 4), for a 2011 launch. In the vein of Kids Say the Darndest Things, Seriously Funny Kids will feature Klum “interacting with children and bringing out the hilarious and often insightful things they say,” according to Lifetime’s press release. Meanwhile, TLC recently announced a 6-episode order for another series dubbed as a modern take on Kids Say the Darndest Things, hosted by Garrett and executive produced by Ryan Seacrest. Klum and LMNO Prods., which produces Seriously Funny Kids, took the project to the networks in early summer. Klum, Eric Schotz (Kids Say the Darndest Things), Desiree Gruber (Project Runway) and Jane Cha (Project Runway) executive produce. “Someone once said never work with children and animals… so I decided to drop the animals and stick with the kids,” said Klum, who is now expanding her footprint on Lifetime to 2 series. “I have four children under the age of six, and to be honest, sometimes I enjoy them more than adults. They’re uncensored, unpredictable and absolutely hilarious.” Lifetime has been building a reality slate under new president Nancy Dubuc. It recently ordered another unscripted series for next year, The Fairy Jobmother.
Lifetime Joins Candid Kids Reality Fray With New Heidi Klum Series
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim Uprising' Takes No. 1 With $23M+; 'Black Panther' Best Marvel Title Ever At Domestic B.O., Beating 'Avengers'
Latest TV News
- Ex-Playboy Playmate’s Donald Trump Tell-All Gooses Anderson Cooper Ratings
- ‘Pandas In New York’: Dhruv Singh To Star In CBS Comedy Pilot
- ‘Barry’ Review: Bill Hader’s A Hit, Man, On HBO’s New Dark Comedy
- Roseanne Barr Plays Donald Trump Card, Warning Jimmy Kimmel Alternative Is Mike Pence
- ‘Station 19’ Launch No Ratings Barn Burner Against NCAA And ‘Chicago Fire’ Double Pump
- Donald Trump Signs Into Law Spending Bill He Threatened To Veto In Morning Twitter Stunt