CBS’s Late Show with David Letterman tied NBC’s The Tonight Show with Jay Leno for the second consecutive time last week after achieving the feat for the first time this season the week before. The 2 late-night shows also pulled in identical ratings in adults 18-34 and adults 25-54 last week, with Leno drawing a slightly larger overall audience, 3.6 million vs. 3.4 million for Letterman. But both were down in 18-49 from the same week last year when The Tonight Show with host Conan O’Brien and Letterman averaged a 1.0/4 in the 18-49 demo. Letterman was also down year-to-year in total viewers (14%) and adults 25-54 (14%) and even in 18-34 (0.6/2). A year ago, he got a ratings boost from the extortion plot story, which broke in early October. Leno’s total audience last week was 44% higher than Conan’s but it was also much older. In 18-34, Leno (0.6/3) was down 33% from Conan’s numbers the same week last year.
Letterman And Leno Still Tied And Down
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
Latest TV News
- ‘How To Get Away With Murder’ Season Finale: Killer Revealed, New Puzzle Posed
- Stephen Colbert Opens ‘Late Show’ With Message To Donald Trump From Bathroom Signs
- ‘Nashville’ Star Connie Britton Exits In Plot Twist, Reflects On Her 4.5 Seasons
- ‘Tonight Show’ Reveals How Donald Trump’s Staff Gathers Flattering News Footage
- Caitlyn Jenner Scolds Donald Trump For Revoking Transgender Protections – Update
- Lea Michele Cast In ABC Mayor Comedy Pilot; What About ‘Scream Queens’?