CBS’s Late Show with David Letterman tied NBC’s The Tonight Show with Jay Leno for the second consecutive time last week after achieving the feat for the first time this season the week before. The 2 late-night shows also pulled in identical ratings in adults 18-34 and adults 25-54 last week, with Leno drawing a slightly larger overall audience, 3.6 million vs. 3.4 million for Letterman. But both were down in 18-49 from the same week last year when The Tonight Show with host Conan O’Brien and Letterman averaged a 1.0/4 in the 18-49 demo. Letterman was also down year-to-year in total viewers (14%) and adults 25-54 (14%) and even in 18-34 (0.6/2). A year ago, he got a ratings boost from the extortion plot story, which broke in early October. Leno’s total audience last week was 44% higher than Conan’s but it was also much older. In 18-34, Leno (0.6/3) was down 33% from Conan’s numbers the same week last year.
Letterman And Leno Still Tied And Down
What's Hot on Deadline
'Me And Earl And The Dying Girl' Takes Top Dramatic Honors At Sundance; Is It The Next 'Whiplash'? - Winners List
ADG Awards: 'Birdman', 'Grand Budapest Hotel', & 'Guardians' Take Top Film Prizes - 'Game Of Thrones', 'True Detective Among TV Winners
More From Andreeva
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete', Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres