EXCLUSIVE: Julia Ormond is playing Vivien Leigh after Catherine Zeta-Jones dropped out, and Dougray Scott is playing Arthur Miller. Filming starts today in London on the feature, which is shooting for 7 weeks at Pinewood and on location in and around the city. Michelle Williams is cast as Marilyn Monroe alongside Kenneth Branagh (Laurence Oliver), Judi Dench (Dame Sybil Thorndike), Dominic Cooper, Emma Watson and Derek Jacobi with Eddie Redmayne playing Colin Clark, the young assistant on the set of the 1956 film The Prince and the Showgirl who helped the star escape her pressure-cooker Hollywood career for a brief week. Directed by Simon Curtis (BBC TV’s Cranford) and produced by David Parfitt (Shakespeare In Love), the film is based on Clark’s diaries and has been adapted for the screen by Adrian Hodges. Parfitt’s Trademark Films is the production company, while The Weinstein Company is financing and distributing. BBC Films and Lipsync Productions are co-financing the film, which was developed in association with the UK Film Council and BBC Films.
Julia Ormond And Dougray Scott Round Out Cast Of ‘My Week With Marilyn’
What's Hot on Deadline
Bloomberg Scrubs White House Correspondents' Dinner Party As Donald Trump Vows To "Do Something" About Press
Latest TV News
- WGA Members "Ready To Strike" After Round Of Pre-Contract Talks Meetings
- Pondering The Imponderable: How A Restructured Hollywood Would Deal With Striking Writers
- Univision Pulls Ads For Pulse Shooting Show Segment; Club Owner, Mothers, Victims, GLAAD Press Network To Stop ‘Blood Bath…
- Republican Congressman Darrell Issa’s ‘Real Time’ Surprise Call For Special Prosecutor Gains Traction
- ‘The Good Fight’ Adds Nyambi Nyambi As Recurring
- 'American Girl': Gwendoline Yeo To Star In Amazon's Special 'Ivy & Julie 1976: A Happy Balance'