Daily Show host Jon Stewart had a field day at Rick Sanchez’ expense last night, devoting a third of his show to the CNN anchor who lost his job on Friday after calling Stewart a bigot on satellite radio. The best part is a cleverly edited video showing the similarities between Sanchez and Steve Carell’s clueless boss character from The Office. “Carell is leaving The Office [and] NBC is looking to replace him,” Stewart says after the clip. “Sanchez is available!” CNN fired Sanchez a day after he assailed Daily Show host Stewart as a “bigot” and suggested that CNN and the other networks are run by Jews. Sanchez made his rant last Thursday on the Sirius XM radio show “Stand Up! with Pete Dominick”.
Jon Stewart Thinks Ex-CNNer Rick Sanchez Should Replace Steve Carell On 'The Office'
What's Hot on Deadline
Harvey Weinstein On 'The Imitation Game,' Best Picture Dissing, Sony Hack, Netflix And Quentin Tarantino
We Called It: 'Me And Earl And The Dying Girl' Sells To Fox Searchlight & Indian Paintbrush For Record $12M - Sundance Update
SAG Movies: Not Many Surprises But Hawking Vs. 'Birdman' Fires Up The Best Actor Oscar Race - Hammond
More From Andreeva
- Monica Potter Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres, Workplace Comedy From Jimmy Fallon Get NBC Pilot Orders
- Dana Klein Family Comedy Gets Fox Pilot Order
- ‘X Men’ Drama Series Eyed By Fox
- ‘Smash’ Creator Theresa Rebeck Signs With ICM Partners
- Millie Brady To Star In ‘The Clan Of The Cave Bear’ Lifetime Pilot
- Adam Sher Joins Leftfield Entertainment As Chief Creative Officer