Daily Show host Jon Stewart had a field day at Rick Sanchez’ expense last night, devoting a third of his show to the CNN anchor who lost his job on Friday after calling Stewart a bigot on satellite radio. The best part is a cleverly edited video showing the similarities between Sanchez and Steve Carell’s clueless boss character from The Office. “Carell is leaving The Office [and] NBC is looking to replace him,” Stewart says after the clip. “Sanchez is available!” CNN fired Sanchez a day after he assailed Daily Show host Stewart as a “bigot” and suggested that CNN and the other networks are run by Jews. Sanchez made his rant last Thursday on the Sirius XM radio show “Stand Up! with Pete Dominick”.
Jon Stewart Thinks Ex-CNNer Rick Sanchez Should Replace Steve Carell On 'The Office'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
'The Royals' Female Cast & Crew Members Speak Out, Accuse Showrunner Mark Schwahn Of Sexual Harassment
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- ‘Doctor Who’ Sneak Peek: Peter Capaldi Makes Final Appearance In Special
- FX To Develop ‘Highway 59’ Crime Drama Series Based On Attica Locke’s Book ‘Bluebird, Bluebird’
- Deadline’s Podcast New Hollywood: Race-Specific Characters & ‘The 15:17 To Paris’ With Sinqua Walls
- NBC Buys Comedy From Joe Port, Joe Wiseman & Kapital Entertainment
- Jenji Kohan Inks Overall Deal With Netflix
- ‘Mad Men’s Marti Noxon Speaks Out Against Matthew Weiner: “I Believe Kater Gordon”