Daily Show host Jon Stewart had a field day at Rick Sanchez’ expense last night, devoting a third of his show to the CNN anchor who lost his job on Friday after calling Stewart a bigot on satellite radio. The best part is a cleverly edited video showing the similarities between Sanchez and Steve Carell’s clueless boss character from The Office. “Carell is leaving The Office [and] NBC is looking to replace him,” Stewart says after the clip. “Sanchez is available!” CNN fired Sanchez a day after he assailed Daily Show host Stewart as a “bigot” and suggested that CNN and the other networks are run by Jews. Sanchez made his rant last Thursday on the Sirius XM radio show “Stand Up! with Pete Dominick”.
Jon Stewart Thinks Ex-CNNer Rick Sanchez Should Replace Steve Carell On 'The Office'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Secret Meeting Of Industry Leaders Proposes 4-Point Program To Battle Gender Bias
- Harry Radliffe II Dies: CBS’ First African-American Bureau Chief & ‘60 Minutes’ Veteran Was 66
- Obama’s State Of The Union Address Thwarts ABC’s ‘Marvel’s Agent Carter’ Return
- TV One To Repeat PBS’ Mark Twain Prize Ceremony Honoring Eddie Murphy
- ‘The Wiz Live!’ First Live Entertainment Show Accessible To Visually Disabled People
- ‘The Flash’-‘Arrow’ Crossover Review: CW Team-Up More Legendary Than Ever