EXCLUSIVE: Umbra, the Steven Karczynski-scripted thriller, nearly got off the ground last year at Relativity Media with director Roger Donaldson and Nicolas Cage. But it fell apart over budget. It has come together at Endgame with Joe Carnahan making a deal to rewrite the script and direct. The thriller concerns a man who finds an old cassette tape which reveals a horrifying secret. Hal Lieberman will produce with Endgame’s James Stern. Carnahan is out to cast on The Grey, a drama he’ll direct that has Liam Neeson starring. Carnahan, who last directed Fox’s The A Team, is repped by CAA.
Joe Carnahan Takes On Revamped 'Umbra'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Crazy Ex-Girlfriend' Off To Low Ratings Start, 'Jane The Virgin' Slips In Return, 'Blindspot' Ticks Up
'The Arcana Chronicles' Books To Get TV Series Adaptation By Warner Bros. With Adam Shankman Producing
Latest TV News
- Charter-Time Warner Cable Deal Would Reduce Competition Opponents Tell FCC
- ‘The Mysteries of Laura’ Gets Order For 5 More Scripts From NBC
- ‘Famous In Love’ Drama Starring Bella Thorne Gets ABC Family Pilot Order
- ‘Married With Roommates’ Comedy Set At CBS With David Janollari Producing
- Democratic Debate Live Blog: Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders And Three Other Guys
- Lee Daniels, Megan Ellison, Rob Marshall To Be Feted At SAG Foundation 30th Anniversary Gala