EXCLUSIVE: Umbra, the Steven Karczynski-scripted thriller, nearly got off the ground last year at Relativity Media with director Roger Donaldson and Nicolas Cage. But it fell apart over budget. It has come together at Endgame with Joe Carnahan making a deal to rewrite the script and direct. The thriller concerns a man who finds an old cassette tape which reveals a horrifying secret. Hal Lieberman will produce with Endgame’s James Stern. Carnahan is out to cast on The Grey, a drama he’ll direct that has Liam Neeson starring. Carnahan, who last directed Fox’s The A Team, is repped by CAA.
Joe Carnahan Takes On Revamped 'Umbra'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Running Out Of Gas With $15.6M Opening Day; CinemaScore Dips To B+ - Update
'Quantico': Priyanka Chopra Among 4 Cast Members Returning For Season 3, Michael Seitzman Set As New Showrunner
Latest TV News
- ‘Black Mirror’ Creator Charlie Brooker On His Affinity For “Idea-Based Dramas” And What’s To Come In Season…
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’: Alexis Bledel To Return As Series Regular In Season 2
- HBO Defends John Oliver Over Lump Of Coal Lawsuit From Mocked Mine Owner
- Leaner ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Resumes Production Next Week
- Kilburn TV Acquires Global Rights For Human Head Transplant Docuseries
- Altice USA Shares Rise As It Goes Public On Anniversary Of Cablevision Deal