Back in May, ABC’s previous boss Steve McPherson went for younger, hipper fare when programming new series Monday through Thursday. The show that seemed to be the closest to the ABC brand, Body of Proof – a female-driven procedural with a quirky central character and headlined by a familiar ABC star, Dana Delany – was sent to Fridays. Now, with many of those Monday-Thursday series crumbling and one, My Generation, already canceled, new ABC chief Paul Lee is taking a second look at Body of Proof and is planning to give it a time slot upgrade. Originally, ABC announced a Friday fall lineup that included reality series Secret Millionaire and Body of Proof at 8 PM and 9 PM, respectively. However, ABC never set premiere dates for them, airing reruns of freshmen series in the two-hour block for extra sampling. Now, ABC says it will air Primetime: What Would You Do? in the Friday 9 PM slot beginning Oct. 22. Body of Proof will be held back to be given a proper, marketing-supported launch in a higher-profile slot. The way things go, ABC may have several of those available soon.
Is Dana Delany ABC's Best Hope This Fall?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fear The Walking Dead' Finale: Gale Anne Hurd On Season 2, 'Walking Dead' Season 6 & No Zombie Apocalypse Crossover
'The Martian' Suspended Between $55M-$56M; 'The Walk's Hang-Up In Large Format - Sunday B.O. Postmortem
Latest TV News
- EuropaCorp TV’s ‘Janus’ In Development At ABC; Thor Freudenthal To Direct Pilot – Mipcom
- Netflix Orders ‘Suburra’; First Italian Original Hails From ‘Gomorrah’ Creators – Mipcom
- SundanceTV Joins ‘The Last Panthers’ As Co-Producer; Sets Spring Air Date – Mipcom
- John Oliver Plasters Donald Trump, Ben Carson Over School Shooting Reaction
- ‘These Final Hours’ TV Series Adaptation From EuropaCorp Set At Fox With Penalty
- Major Sponsors Demand Immediate Resignation Of FIFA Chief Sepp Blatter