Back in May, ABC’s previous boss Steve McPherson went for younger, hipper fare when programming new series Monday through Thursday. The show that seemed to be the closest to the ABC brand, Body of Proof – a female-driven procedural with a quirky central character and headlined by a familiar ABC star, Dana Delany – was sent to Fridays. Now, with many of those Monday-Thursday series crumbling and one, My Generation, already canceled, new ABC chief Paul Lee is taking a second look at Body of Proof and is planning to give it a time slot upgrade. Originally, ABC announced a Friday fall lineup that included reality series Secret Millionaire and Body of Proof at 8 PM and 9 PM, respectively. However, ABC never set premiere dates for them, airing reruns of freshmen series in the two-hour block for extra sampling. Now, ABC says it will air Primetime: What Would You Do? in the Friday 9 PM slot beginning Oct. 22. Body of Proof will be held back to be given a proper, marketing-supported launch in a higher-profile slot. The way things go, ABC may have several of those available soon.
Is Dana Delany ABC's Best Hope This Fall?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Breaks More Records: $108M Second Weekend Is Second-Best Ever As Marvel Movie Heads For $400M
CNN's Brian Stelter Blasts Pirro-President Chat As "Fantasyland", Glenn Beck Calls Tapper's Town Hall "Grotesque"
'Black Panther' Runs Past $300M Offshore, $700M WW; 'Operation Red Sea' Rises In China - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Showrunner On Tonight’s Death Of Carl, Lauren Cohan’s Future + More ‘Fear…
- CNN’s Brian Stelter Blasts Pirro-President Chat As “Fantasyland”, Glenn Beck Calls Tapper’s Town Hall “Grotesque”…
- Regan Arts Sells Story Of California’s Leading Abortionist For TV Development
- Olympics Ratings Slide To Icy 2018 Low, Slightly Up From Sochi 2014 On Last Night
- Top BBC Presenter Claims Class Pay Gap As Wide As Gender Pay Gap
- ‘The Simpsons’ Predicted USA’s Olympic Gold Medal Win In Curling Eight Years Ago