Back in May, ABC’s previous boss Steve McPherson went for younger, hipper fare when programming new series Monday through Thursday. The show that seemed to be the closest to the ABC brand, Body of Proof – a female-driven procedural with a quirky central character and headlined by a familiar ABC star, Dana Delany – was sent to Fridays. Now, with many of those Monday-Thursday series crumbling and one, My Generation, already canceled, new ABC chief Paul Lee is taking a second look at Body of Proof and is planning to give it a time slot upgrade. Originally, ABC announced a Friday fall lineup that included reality series Secret Millionaire and Body of Proof at 8 PM and 9 PM, respectively. However, ABC never set premiere dates for them, airing reruns of freshmen series in the two-hour block for extra sampling. Now, ABC says it will air Primetime: What Would You Do? in the Friday 9 PM slot beginning Oct. 22. Body of Proof will be held back to be given a proper, marketing-supported launch in a higher-profile slot. The way things go, ABC may have several of those available soon.
Is Dana Delany ABC's Best Hope This Fall?
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
Latest TV News
- ‘Hit The Road’ Star Jason Alexander On Making A Family Comedy Not For Families — TCA
- David Letterman Talks The Changing Late-Night Landscape, His Talk Show Return On ‘Norm Macdonald Live’
- ‘Loudermilk’ Star Ron Livingston Wonders If Critics Watch TV Until Their Eyes Bleed – TCA
- ‘Mr. Mercedes’ Director On Tackling Violent Themes — TCA
- Margo Chase Dies In Plane Crash: Chase Design Group Founder Created ‘Buffy’ & ‘Angel’ Logos
- Olivia de Havilland’s ‘Feud’ Suit Against Ryan Murphy & FX Could See Fall Trial