Back in May, ABC’s previous boss Steve McPherson went for younger, hipper fare when programming new series Monday through Thursday. The show that seemed to be the closest to the ABC brand, Body of Proof – a female-driven procedural with a quirky central character and headlined by a familiar ABC star, Dana Delany – was sent to Fridays. Now, with many of those Monday-Thursday series crumbling and one, My Generation, already canceled, new ABC chief Paul Lee is taking a second look at Body of Proof and is planning to give it a time slot upgrade. Originally, ABC announced a Friday fall lineup that included reality series Secret Millionaire and Body of Proof at 8 PM and 9 PM, respectively. However, ABC never set premiere dates for them, airing reruns of freshmen series in the two-hour block for extra sampling. Now, ABC says it will air Primetime: What Would You Do? in the Friday 9 PM slot beginning Oct. 22. Body of Proof will be held back to be given a proper, marketing-supported launch in a higher-profile slot. The way things go, ABC may have several of those available soon.
Is Dana Delany ABC's Best Hope This Fall?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Bourne' Back At #1 & 'Ice Age' Skates To $300M+, Both With China Assist; 'Pets' Passes $700M WW - Intl Box Office
ABC Nabs 'Doomsday' Drama From Carol Mendelsohn, VJ Boyd & Mark Bianculli With Big Pilot Production Commitment
Latest TV News
- Showtime Seizes On Huma Abedin Separation Announcement To Promote ‘Weiner’ Premiere
- ‘Pretty Little Liars’ To End With Season 7
- Emmy Ballots Due Today: Watch Gold Derby Vs Deadline Prediction Smackdown On Drama Series Actor Race
- ‘Polly And The ZhuZhu Pets’ Acquired By Disney Channels Worldwide
- Darrell Ward Dies In Plane Crash: ‘Ice Road Truckers’ Driver Was 52
- ‘The Mist’: ‘The Walking Dead’ Helmer David Boyd Boards Spike’s Steven King Adaptation