EXCLUSIVE: IFC is wrapping up U.S. distribution on The Trip, the Michael Winterbottom road comedy that stars comics Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon as they tour eateries in Northern England. Winterbottom turned the humorous results into a 6-part BBC miniseries, and the new movie, which premiered at Toronto, is culled from that marathon but features some exclusive footage. I’m told by sources on both coasts that IFC will get the film, which was produced by Winterbottom’s longtime collaborator, Andrew Eaton. IFC has been on an acquisitions tear lately, landing the James Gunn-directed Super, the Barry Blaustein-directed Peep World, and finding a home for Tom Six’s The Human Centipede Part 2 (Full Sequence), whose premise–mad doc catches victims, links their digestive systems together to create a human centipede–is hands down the most disturbing horror movie premise I’ve ever heard of.
IFC Plans 'Trip' With Michael Winterbottom
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Lands 'Outlaw King'; David Mackenzie Directs Chris Pine As Robert The Bruce In Scottish Epic
Latest TV News
- MTV Movie & TV Awards On Collision Course With Potential Writers Strike
- Bill O’Reilly “Set A High Bar,” Tucker Carlson Says In Debut In ‘O’Reilly Factor’ Slot
- Faye Dunaway Talks Feeling "Guilty" About Oscars Best Picture Snafu On 'NBC Nightly News With Lester Holt'
- ‘Flip Or Flop’ Stars Christina & Tarek El Moussa To Return For Season 7
- WGA Members Approve Strike Authorization In Historic Turnout
- “Sad” Bill O’Reilly Says Fans Will Be “Shaken” When “Truth Comes Out” About Fox…