EXCLUSIVE: IFC is wrapping up U.S. distribution on The Trip, the Michael Winterbottom road comedy that stars comics Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon as they tour eateries in Northern England. Winterbottom turned the humorous results into a 6-part BBC miniseries, and the new movie, which premiered at Toronto, is culled from that marathon but features some exclusive footage. I’m told by sources on both coasts that IFC will get the film, which was produced by Winterbottom’s longtime collaborator, Andrew Eaton. IFC has been on an acquisitions tear lately, landing the James Gunn-directed Super, the Barry Blaustein-directed Peep World, and finding a home for Tom Six’s The Human Centipede Part 2 (Full Sequence), whose premise–mad doc catches victims, links their digestive systems together to create a human centipede–is hands down the most disturbing horror movie premise I’ve ever heard of.
IFC Plans 'Trip' With Michael Winterbottom
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Hot Red Band Trailer: 'Nightcrawler'
- Warner Bros To Remake 'Who Am I'; Pic Is German Box Office Sensation
- Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor Joining DC Comics Pic 'Suicide Squad'?
- 'Act Of Killing' Helmer Joshua Oppenheimer Signs With UTA
- Sebastian Stan Joins 'The Martian' And 'Ricki And The Flash'
- Chiwetel Ejiofor Lands On 'The Martian'