EXCLUSIVE: IFC is wrapping up U.S. distribution on The Trip, the Michael Winterbottom road comedy that stars comics Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon as they tour eateries in Northern England. Winterbottom turned the humorous results into a 6-part BBC miniseries, and the new movie, which premiered at Toronto, is culled from that marathon but features some exclusive footage. I’m told by sources on both coasts that IFC will get the film, which was produced by Winterbottom’s longtime collaborator, Andrew Eaton. IFC has been on an acquisitions tear lately, landing the James Gunn-directed Super, the Barry Blaustein-directed Peep World, and finding a home for Tom Six’s The Human Centipede Part 2 (Full Sequence), whose premise–mad doc catches victims, links their digestive systems together to create a human centipede–is hands down the most disturbing horror movie premise I’ve ever heard of.
IFC Plans 'Trip' With Michael Winterbottom
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Fleming Jr
- James Cameron On 'Avatar' Sequels: 'You Will Sh*t Yourself With Your Mouth Wide Open'
- Fox Green Light Starts 'Independence Day' Sequel Countdown
- Sony Hacker Paralysis Reaches Day Two – Update
- Leslie Zemeckis Sells Book On Burlesque Siren Lili St. Cyr
- Weinstein Collars Pharrell Williams, Gwen Stefani For 'Paddington' Tune
- Wonderland Buys Insurgent Scribe Brian Duffield's 'The Babysitter' Spec In Auction