EXCLUSIVE: IFC is wrapping up U.S. distribution on The Trip, the Michael Winterbottom road comedy that stars comics Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon as they tour eateries in Northern England. Winterbottom turned the humorous results into a 6-part BBC miniseries, and the new movie, which premiered at Toronto, is culled from that marathon but features some exclusive footage. I’m told by sources on both coasts that IFC will get the film, which was produced by Winterbottom’s longtime collaborator, Andrew Eaton. IFC has been on an acquisitions tear lately, landing the James Gunn-directed Super, the Barry Blaustein-directed Peep World, and finding a home for Tom Six’s The Human Centipede Part 2 (Full Sequence), whose premise–mad doc catches victims, links their digestive systems together to create a human centipede–is hands down the most disturbing horror movie premise I’ve ever heard of.
IFC Plans 'Trip' With Michael Winterbottom
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Fleming Jr
- 'Let's Be Cops' Helmer Luke Greenfield Closes Fox Deal For Next Pic
- Liam Neeson Sweet On Harlan Coben's 'Tell No One'
- Ridley Scott, Giannina Facio Acquire Faith-Based 'Embraced By The Light'
- RatPac Entertainment Sets Paul Neinstein To Be COO
- Toronto: 'The Dead Lands' Acquired By Magnet In NA Rights Deal
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Katey Sagal Mothers Vinny Pazienza In Fight Pic 'Bleed For This'