Fright films continue to scare up distribution deals. IFC has acquired North American rights to the Hong Kong slasher film Dream Home. The film, directed by Isabella helmer Pang Ho-Cheung, will be released on the IFC Midnight label. A woman buys her dream home and can’t afford it. Despite stealing at her job, her terminally ill father’s medical expenses are ruining her. She decides to let him die and collect the insurance. When that’s still not enough, she just starts killing people to keep up with the high cost of living in Hong Kong. Release is set for early 2011.
IFC Buys Hong Kong 'Dream Home'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Laura Linney To Star In Jason Bateman’s Netflix Drama Series ‘Ozark’
- ‘The Last Tycoon’ Drama Picked Up To Series By Amazon
- Baz Lurhmann On Curating ‘The Get Down’ World – TCA
- Hillary Clinton Gives ‘Fox News Sunday’ Her First Post-DNC Sitdown
- ‘Gilmore Girls’ Revival Gets Premiere Date On Netflix – TCA
- ‘MacGyver’: Tristin Mays Cast In CBS Series Reboot