Fright films continue to scare up distribution deals. IFC has acquired North American rights to the Hong Kong slasher film Dream Home. The film, directed by Isabella helmer Pang Ho-Cheung, will be released on the IFC Midnight label. A woman buys her dream home and can’t afford it. Despite stealing at her job, her terminally ill father’s medical expenses are ruining her. She decides to let him die and collect the insurance. When that’s still not enough, she just starts killing people to keep up with the high cost of living in Hong Kong. Release is set for early 2011.
IFC Buys Hong Kong 'Dream Home'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jack Reacher 2' Arm-Wrestling 'Madea' For No. 1; Audiences Aren't 'Keeping Up With The Joneses' - Midday Update
Leonardo DiCaprio To Play Music Pioneer Sam Phillips; Launched Elvis, Howlin' Wolf, Johnny Cash & Jerry Lee Lewis
Cyber Attack Was 'Malicious,' Homeland Security Monitoring As Twitter, Netflix Come Back Online - Updated
Latest TV News
- Netflix Emma Stone-Jonah Hill Series ‘Maniac’ From Cary Fukunaga Finds Writer
- ‘Bonus Family’ Comedy Based On Swedish Format Set At NBC From Mandeville TV
- ABC Buys Female Ensemble Comedy From ‘Faking It’ Creators
- Ellen Wong Joins Netflix’s ‘G.L.O.W.; ‘She’s Gotta Have It’ Adds Sydney Morton
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Preview: Who Does Negan Kill? Is It [Spoiler]?
- ABC Buys Couples Comedy From Amy Harris, Ben Silverman & Jordan Schur