Fright films continue to scare up distribution deals. IFC has acquired North American rights to the Hong Kong slasher film Dream Home. The film, directed by Isabella helmer Pang Ho-Cheung, will be released on the IFC Midnight label. A woman buys her dream home and can’t afford it. Despite stealing at her job, her terminally ill father’s medical expenses are ruining her. She decides to let him die and collect the insurance. When that’s still not enough, she just starts killing people to keep up with the high cost of living in Hong Kong. Release is set for early 2011.
IFC Buys Hong Kong 'Dream Home'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Sky Arts To Tell Neil Gaiman’s ‘Likely Stories’ With George MacKay, Tom Hughes
- ‘Top Gear’ Confirms Hosts Set To Join Chris Evans, Matt LeBlanc For BBC Reboot
- Stephen Colbert Asks Bernie Sanders If His “Revolution” Might Lead To Violence
- SAG-AFTRA Applauds WIPO Beijing Treaty On Performers’ Rights
- Herb Braha Dies: ‘Godspell’ Original & Founder Of Costume Supply House Was 69
- Fox Orders ‘Chad’ Comedy Pilot Starring Nasim Pedrad As Teen Middle Eastern Boy