As it readies the upcoming sequel to its CG-animated hit How To Train Your Dragon, DreamWorks Animation has signed a deal with Cartoon Network for a How To Train Your Dragon weekly series, which will launch in both the U.S. and internationally in 2012. The original movie, an adventure-comedy about a young Viking and his unlikely friendship with a dragon was released in the spring and has grossed nearly $500 million at the worldwide box office. Its sequel is also targeted for 2012. DreamWorks has been actively exploiting its animated films for television. Madagascar‘s offshoot, The Penguins of Madagascar, runs on Nickelodeon, which also is developing a series based on the movie Kung Fu Panda. The company also has been producing a series of Shrek, Madagascar and Kung Fu Panda TV specials for ABC and NBC.
'How To Train Your Dragon' To Spawn Animated Series On Cartoon Network
What's Hot on Deadline
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
SAG Awards Analysis: 'Three Billboards' Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC's 'This Is Us' Shakes Things Up On TV Side
Jason Blum's Advice To Burgeoning Producers At Sundance: "Don’t Worry About Your Movie Getting A Theatrical Release"
'Jumanji' At $768M WW Intensity & 4th #1 In A Row Overseas; 'Maze Runner: Death Cure' Debuts - International Box Office
White House Correspondent April Ryan Tells CNN News Organizations Have Police "On Speed Dial" For Death Threats
PGA Awards: 'The Shape Of Water' Wins Outstanding Producer; 'Handmaid's Tale', 'Mrs. Maisel' Tops In TV - Full Winners List
Latest TV News
- Caryn Mandabach Prods Developing Kazuo Ishiguro’s ‘When We Were Orphans’
- SAG Awards Analysis: ‘Three Billboards’ Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC’s ‘This Is Us’ Shakes…
- SAG Awards Backstage: Allison Janney Calls #MeToo Movement “Watershed Moment” For Hollywood
- SAG Awards: ‘Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri’ Wins For Film Ensemble – Complete Winners List
- Philadelphia Eagles Demolish Minnesota Vikings 38-7 In NFC Championship
- SAG Awards Stunt Ensemble Winners: ‘Wonder Woman’ & ‘Game Of Thrones’