A trailer has been released for Sanctum, the James Cameron-produced feature that Alister Grierson directed based on the natural mishap that befell a team of cave divers in Australia. The film will be released February 4, and is considered an important next step in Cameron’s evolution of 3D technology for films that don’t have to be made on the budget scale of Avatar, but look superior to films shot in 2D and then converted. The $30 million film, financed by Wayfare Entertainment, was scripted Andrew Wight and John Garvin. The drama is based on the near-death experience of Wight, who has collaborated with Cameron on such docus as Aliens of the Deep and Ghosts of the Abyss, and who led the perilous dive expedition.
Hot Trailer: 'Sanctum'
What's Hot on Deadline
Mark Ruffalo To Star In HBO Limited Drama Series In Works From Derek Cianfrance Based On Wally Lamb Book
Latest Film News
- ‘Big Guns,’ A Satirical Novel About The Gun Lobby By Former NY Congressman Steve Israel, Picked Up For Feature
- Hot Aaron & Jordan Kandell Pitch Has Josh Gad, Luke Evans, Daisy Ridley Attached
- Alexandra Shipp Talks ‘Tragedy Girls’, Subverting Female Roles In Horror Films, Teases ‘X-Men: Dark Phoenix…
- Netflix Pre-empts ‘Kate’, Eyes April Start And $25M Budget For Female-Centric Action Script
- Megyn Kelly Not So Sure Harvey Weinstein Scandal Will Bring Sea Change
- Harvey Weinstein Stripped Of 2002 BFI Fellowship