Dax Shepard has slipped Deadline a trailer for his directorial Brother’s Justice, which premiered at the Austin Film Festival a week ago and is currently being shopped for distribution. The premise: Shepard, a comedy star, wants to reinvent himself as an internationally renowned martial arts star, except that not only is he not internationally renowned, he doesn’t even have any formal martial arts training. Can’t put my finger on why, but this guy has always cracked me up in films like Mike Judge’s Idiocracy. Shepard co-directed Brother’s Justice with David Palmer. The inept martial artist formula launched Danny McBride in The Foot Fist Way, so maybe Dax is onto something.
Hot Trailer: 'Brother's Justice'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- David Mamet To Direct Movie Adaptation Of His Hollywood Play ‘Speed-The-Plow’
- ‘Fantastic Beasts’ Trailer: A Few Lessons From The Wizarding Community Of New York
- ‘Miss Peregrine’ To Punish Competition At Weekend Box Office – Preview
- Jon Favreau To Direct Disney’s ‘The Lion King’; Feature Reimagining On Fast-Track
- Oscars: Palestine Enters Hany Abu-Assad’s ‘The Idol’ In Foreign Language Race
- Barry Jenkins’ ‘Moonlight’ To Shine On Rome Film Fest’s Opening Night