Dax Shepard has slipped Deadline a trailer for his directorial Brother’s Justice, which premiered at the Austin Film Festival a week ago and is currently being shopped for distribution. The premise: Shepard, a comedy star, wants to reinvent himself as an internationally renowned martial arts star, except that not only is he not internationally renowned, he doesn’t even have any formal martial arts training. Can’t put my finger on why, but this guy has always cracked me up in films like Mike Judge’s Idiocracy. Shepard co-directed Brother’s Justice with David Palmer. The inept martial artist formula launched Danny McBride in The Foot Fist Way, so maybe Dax is onto something.
Hot Trailer: 'Brother's Justice'
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev 'Mortal Engines'; Directing Debut For 'Hobbit' VFX Protege Christian Rivers
Latest Film News
- Jack O’Connell Cast As Alexander McQueen In Pathé’s Untitled Biopic
- ‘Jack Reacher’ Cuffs $31.5M But ‘Mechanic’ Throws Wrench Into China – Intl Box Office
- Aardman, Studiocanal Reunite Flock For ‘Shaun The Sheep Movie 2’ – AFM
- ‘American Pastoral’ Review: Ewan McGregor’s Directorial Debut Deserves A Better Reception
- Warner Bros Sues Innovative Artists For Oscar Screener Piracy Of ‘Creed’ + More
- EuropaCorp Boards English-Language Remake of Japanese Thriller 'Shield of Straw'