Dax Shepard has slipped Deadline a trailer for his directorial Brother’s Justice, which premiered at the Austin Film Festival a week ago and is currently being shopped for distribution. The premise: Shepard, a comedy star, wants to reinvent himself as an internationally renowned martial arts star, except that not only is he not internationally renowned, he doesn’t even have any formal martial arts training. Can’t put my finger on why, but this guy has always cracked me up in films like Mike Judge’s Idiocracy. Shepard co-directed Brother’s Justice with David Palmer. The inept martial artist formula launched Danny McBride in The Foot Fist Way, so maybe Dax is onto something.
Hot Trailer: 'Brother's Justice'
Trending Now on Deadline
NBC Cameraman Declared Ebola-Free; Tries To Rescue Nancy Snyderman From Self-Inflicted Career Disaster -- UPDATE
More From Fleming Jr
- 'Star Wars Episode VII' Lead Daisy Ridley Signs With CAA
- James Wan Back At New Line For 'The Conjuring 2′ And Overall Producing Deal
- MGM Nabs Hot Pitch 'Cop Swap'; Rematch With 'Hot Tub Time Machine' Helmer Steve Pink
- Rich Green Jumps To ICM Partners; Top Book-To-Film Rights Broker Leaves Resolution
- TPG Spends $225 Million In Deal That Ups Stake In CAA To 53%
- Lionsgate, Tribeca Team For Subscription VOD Launch