Dax Shepard has slipped Deadline a trailer for his directorial Brother’s Justice, which premiered at the Austin Film Festival a week ago and is currently being shopped for distribution. The premise: Shepard, a comedy star, wants to reinvent himself as an internationally renowned martial arts star, except that not only is he not internationally renowned, he doesn’t even have any formal martial arts training. Can’t put my finger on why, but this guy has always cracked me up in films like Mike Judge’s Idiocracy. Shepard co-directed Brother’s Justice with David Palmer. The inept martial artist formula launched Danny McBride in The Foot Fist Way, so maybe Dax is onto something.
Hot Trailer: 'Brother's Justice'
What's Hot on Deadline
Mark Ruffalo To Star In HBO Limited Drama Series In Works From Derek Cianfrance Based On Wally Lamb Book
Latest Film News
- Max Landis Horror Script ‘Decon’ Scares Up QC Entertainment & Good Universe Deal
- Los Angeles Media Fund & UK Comedy Producer Who’s On First Ink First-Look Deal
- Keith Levine Exits Dimension For Prexy Post At David Goyer’s Phantom Four
- Brian Nitzkin Joins Myriad Pictures As SVP Business Affairs
- ‘Big Guns,’ A Satirical Novel About The Gun Lobby By Former NY Congressman Steve Israel, Picked Up For Feature
- Hot Josh Gad, Luke Evans, Daisy Ridley Pitch; ‘Adrift’s Aaron & Jordan Kandell To Write