Dax Shepard has slipped Deadline a trailer for his directorial Brother’s Justice, which premiered at the Austin Film Festival a week ago and is currently being shopped for distribution. The premise: Shepard, a comedy star, wants to reinvent himself as an internationally renowned martial arts star, except that not only is he not internationally renowned, he doesn’t even have any formal martial arts training. Can’t put my finger on why, but this guy has always cracked me up in films like Mike Judge’s Idiocracy. Shepard co-directed Brother’s Justice with David Palmer. The inept martial artist formula launched Danny McBride in The Foot Fist Way, so maybe Dax is onto something.
Hot Trailer: 'Brother's Justice'
What's Hot on Deadline
Jared Kushner Repeats "I Did Not Collude" Doctrine In Rare Public Speech After Meeting With Senate Intel Staff
'Dunkirk' Takes Box Office By Storm With $55.4M No. 1 Spot For $105M+ Global Opening; 'Valerian' $23.5M Start - Int'l Box Office
Latest Film News
- NBC Announces Semi-Finalists For 12th Annual NBCUniversal Short Film Festival
- ‘Detroit’ Review: Kathryn Bigelow’s Unrelenting Drama Packs A Wallop But Is A Tough Sit
- New James Bond Movie Sets 2019 Release Date, But Not Much Else
- Fox Names Netflix & HBO Alum Pia Chaozon As SVP Worldwide Theatrical Marketing
- John Wells To Helm Vietnam Drama ‘Khe Sanh’
- John Hawkes, Jon Bernthal & Thomas Haden Church Board ‘The Peanut Butter Falcon’