Dax Shepard has slipped Deadline a trailer for his directorial Brother’s Justice, which premiered at the Austin Film Festival a week ago and is currently being shopped for distribution. The premise: Shepard, a comedy star, wants to reinvent himself as an internationally renowned martial arts star, except that not only is he not internationally renowned, he doesn’t even have any formal martial arts training. Can’t put my finger on why, but this guy has always cracked me up in films like Mike Judge’s Idiocracy. Shepard co-directed Brother’s Justice with David Palmer. The inept martial artist formula launched Danny McBride in The Foot Fist Way, so maybe Dax is onto something.
Hot Trailer: 'Brother's Justice'
What's Hot on Deadline
The Force Is Strong With 'The Last Jedi' As Thursday Night Preview Looks To Rack Up $45M+ - Early Estimate
'Mr. Robot' Season 3 Finale Shocker: Sam Esmail On Tonight's Revelation, Surprise Guest & What's Next In Season 4
Latest Film News
- Martin Ransohoff Dies: Film And TV Producer For Many Hits Was 90
- June Pictures Shakeup: Alex Saks Buys Out Financier Andrew Duncan Amid Allegation Cloud
- The Murdochs Would Become Disney’s Largest Individual Shareholders When Merger Clears
- Clothes Make The Characters In ‘Phantom Thread’ – The Contenders Video
- Oscars: Foreign Language Film Shortlist Cuts Field To Nine; France’s ‘BPM’ Snubbed
- Director Sean Baker On Building ‘The Florida Project’ – The Contenders Video