Dax Shepard has slipped Deadline a trailer for his directorial Brother’s Justice, which premiered at the Austin Film Festival a week ago and is currently being shopped for distribution. The premise: Shepard, a comedy star, wants to reinvent himself as an internationally renowned martial arts star, except that not only is he not internationally renowned, he doesn’t even have any formal martial arts training. Can’t put my finger on why, but this guy has always cracked me up in films like Mike Judge’s Idiocracy. Shepard co-directed Brother’s Justice with David Palmer. The inept martial artist formula launched Danny McBride in The Foot Fist Way, so maybe Dax is onto something.
Hot Trailer: 'Brother's Justice'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Don’t Breathe’ Screams $26M+, Gives Sony 3rd Summer Cash Cow After ‘Sausage Party’, ‘Shallows’: Early…
- Nate Parker: Earlier Comments Made “From A Standpoint Of Ignorance”
- First Look At ‘Downton’s Dan Stevens As Golden-Locked ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Prince
- ‘Hands Of Stone’ Review: Roberto Duran Boxing Biopic Takes Too Many Swings
- Ty Burrell Latest To Join ‘Rock That Body’
- Edward Snowden To Appear Via Satellite In U.S. Theaters Ahead Of ‘Snowden’ Opening