Dax Shepard has slipped Deadline a trailer for his directorial Brother’s Justice, which premiered at the Austin Film Festival a week ago and is currently being shopped for distribution. The premise: Shepard, a comedy star, wants to reinvent himself as an internationally renowned martial arts star, except that not only is he not internationally renowned, he doesn’t even have any formal martial arts training. Can’t put my finger on why, but this guy has always cracked me up in films like Mike Judge’s Idiocracy. Shepard co-directed Brother’s Justice with David Palmer. The inept martial artist formula launched Danny McBride in The Foot Fist Way, so maybe Dax is onto something.
Hot Trailer: 'Brother's Justice'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Doesn't Create Waves At $26M+; 'Black Panther' Sets Marvel Record & Beats 'Avengers'
Latest Film News
- ‘Billions’ Actor David Costabile To Play Doc McGhee In ‘The Dirt’
- Arnon Milchan & Regency Countersued For Fraud Over Warren Beatty’s ‘Rules Don’t Apply’
- ‘Scandal’s Darby Stanchfield & Daisy Prescott Cast In ‘Justine’
- Tiffany Haddish Will Give Voice To ‘Lego Movie’ Sequel Character
- ‘Hunter Killer,’ Starring Gerard Butler & Gary Oldman, Pegged For October Release
- Female Directors Scorecard: Sony’s ‘Barbie,’ ‘Charlie’s Angels’ And More