Dax Shepard has slipped Deadline a trailer for his directorial Brother’s Justice, which premiered at the Austin Film Festival a week ago and is currently being shopped for distribution. The premise: Shepard, a comedy star, wants to reinvent himself as an internationally renowned martial arts star, except that not only is he not internationally renowned, he doesn’t even have any formal martial arts training. Can’t put my finger on why, but this guy has always cracked me up in films like Mike Judge’s Idiocracy. Shepard co-directed Brother’s Justice with David Palmer. The inept martial artist formula launched Danny McBride in The Foot Fist Way, so maybe Dax is onto something.
Hot Trailer: 'Brother's Justice'
What's Hot on Deadline
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
World's Biggest YouTuber Vows To Delete Channel Citing Traffic, Race-Based Complaints About Video Service
Latest Film News
- Paul Verhoeven Named Jury President Of 2017 Berlin Film Festival
- ‘Lion’ Nabs Best International Film At Evening Standard British Film Awards
- ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Trailer: Web Wings, Teen Angst, And A First Look At The Vulture
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: AFI Narrows The Race; ‘La La’ Hits L.A.; Jeff Bezos Throws A Party ‘By The Sea’; Tom Ford…
- Leonardo DiCaprio Meets Donald Trump, Snags Follow-Up And Twitter Snarks
- ‘Interrogation’ Director Vetri Maaran Details Sensitivity To On-Screen Violence: India’s Oscar Entry