Dax Shepard has slipped Deadline a trailer for his directorial Brother’s Justice, which premiered at the Austin Film Festival a week ago and is currently being shopped for distribution. The premise: Shepard, a comedy star, wants to reinvent himself as an internationally renowned martial arts star, except that not only is he not internationally renowned, he doesn’t even have any formal martial arts training. Can’t put my finger on why, but this guy has always cracked me up in films like Mike Judge’s Idiocracy. Shepard co-directed Brother’s Justice with David Palmer. The inept martial artist formula launched Danny McBride in The Foot Fist Way, so maybe Dax is onto something.
Hot Trailer: 'Brother's Justice'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- How Warner Bros And Andrew Lazar Won War Photog Book Scrum
- Fox Buys ‘Foxcatcher’ Co-Writer Dan Futterman Spec ‘A Shot In The Eye'; Matt Reeves Producing
- Skydance Gets Its Own Marketing Maven: Anne Globe Hired As CMO
- Tribeca Film Festival Firms World Narrative, Docus And Viewpoint Titles
- Netflix Outbidding Movie Buyers? Near Whopping Deal For ‘Beasts Of No Nation’