Dax Shepard has slipped Deadline a trailer for his directorial Brother’s Justice, which premiered at the Austin Film Festival a week ago and is currently being shopped for distribution. The premise: Shepard, a comedy star, wants to reinvent himself as an internationally renowned martial arts star, except that not only is he not internationally renowned, he doesn’t even have any formal martial arts training. Can’t put my finger on why, but this guy has always cracked me up in films like Mike Judge’s Idiocracy. Shepard co-directed Brother’s Justice with David Palmer. The inept martial artist formula launched Danny McBride in The Foot Fist Way, so maybe Dax is onto something.
Hot Trailer: 'Brother's Justice'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Madea' Scares Off 'Jack Reacher' For No. 1 As Saturday Battle Brews; 'Joneses' Opening Lower Than 'Masterminds' - Sat. AM Update
Leonardo DiCaprio To Play Music Pioneer Sam Phillips; Launched Elvis, Howlin' Wolf, Johnny Cash & Jerry Lee Lewis
Latest Film News
- Director Tim Miller, Ryan Reynolds Part Company On ‘Deadpool 2’
- ‘Madea’ Scares Off ‘Jack Reacher’ For No. 1 As Saturday Battle Brews; ‘Joneses’ Opening Lower Than ‘Masterminds’ – Sat…
- Kevin Meaney Dies: Veteran Comic And Actor Was 60
- Ex-State Sen. Ron Calderon Sentenced In Film Incentives Bribe Case
- ‘Neruda’ Trailer: Life On The Run For Chilean Poet & Political Firebrand
- Time Warner Sale To AT&T Shows Distribution, Not Content, Is King