Dax Shepard has slipped Deadline a trailer for his directorial Brother’s Justice, which premiered at the Austin Film Festival a week ago and is currently being shopped for distribution. The premise: Shepard, a comedy star, wants to reinvent himself as an internationally renowned martial arts star, except that not only is he not internationally renowned, he doesn’t even have any formal martial arts training. Can’t put my finger on why, but this guy has always cracked me up in films like Mike Judge’s Idiocracy. Shepard co-directed Brother’s Justice with David Palmer. The inept martial artist formula launched Danny McBride in The Foot Fist Way, so maybe Dax is onto something.
Hot Trailer: 'Brother's Justice'
What's Hot on Deadline
Paramount To Turn Key & Peele's 'Substitute Teacher' Into Feature; Keegan-Michael Key And Jordan Peele To Star
Warner Bros Wins Visionary Viral Short 'Sundays' Auction; You Gotta See What $51,000 Can Look Like Onscreen
Latest Film News
- WWE, Gene Simmons Tag-Team To Launch Horror Label
- Matthew McConaughey Has Taste For ‘Billionaire’s Vinegar’
- Tommy Gargotta Tops Theatrical Marketing At Relativity EuropaCorp Distribution
- Michael Keaton Starrer ‘The Founder’ Gets Release Date; Focus World Rounds Out 2015 Slate
- Warner Bros Wins Visionary Viral Short ‘Sundays’ Auction; You Gotta See What $51,000 Can Look Like Onscreen
- Oscars: Craig Zadan & Neil Meron Not Returning In 2016; Academy Starts New Producer Search