Dax Shepard has slipped Deadline a trailer for his directorial Brother’s Justice, which premiered at the Austin Film Festival a week ago and is currently being shopped for distribution. The premise: Shepard, a comedy star, wants to reinvent himself as an internationally renowned martial arts star, except that not only is he not internationally renowned, he doesn’t even have any formal martial arts training. Can’t put my finger on why, but this guy has always cracked me up in films like Mike Judge’s Idiocracy. Shepard co-directed Brother’s Justice with David Palmer. The inept martial artist formula launched Danny McBride in The Foot Fist Way, so maybe Dax is onto something.
Hot Trailer: 'Brother's Justice'
What's Hot on Deadline
Donald Trump Takes Mark Cuban's Pre-Debate Bait; Campaign Manager Says No Trump Ticket For Gennifer Flowers - UPDATE
'Magnificent Seven's $35M Opening A Career Best For Antoine Fuqua; 'Storks' At $21.8M - Sunday AM B.O. Final Update
Latest Film News
- 'Best Democracy' Rules, ‘Queen Of Katwe’ Bows: Specialty Box Office
- ‘Magnificent Seven’s $35M Opening A Career Best For Antoine Fuqua; ‘Storks’ At $21.8M – Sunday AM B.O…
- California Enacts Law Preventing IMDb Pro From Listing Actors' Ages
- Bill Nunn Dies: ‘Do The Right Thing’ And ‘Spider-Man’ Trilogy Actor Was 62
- Antoine Fuqua On ‘Magnificent Seven,’ ‘Scarface’ And How One Black Director Made The A-List
- Hot Spec Script ‘American Rebel’ Acquired By Amy Pascal