EXCLUSIVE: HBO has renewed sophomore comedies Bored to Death and Eastbound & Down for a third season. With drama Boardwalk Empire already picked up for Season 2, HBO has now renewed its entire current Sunday lineup. The second season debut of Eastbound & Down averaged 1.7 million viewers, up 150% from the show’s series premiere, while Bored to Death’s season premiere audience was more modest, 1.1 million, despite following Boardwalk Empire. While not hits, the shows have remained relatively steady in the ratings, averaging 1 million viewers (Bored) and 1.44 million (Eastbound) this past Sunday, in addition to garnering critical praise for their sophomore seasons. Bored was created by Jonathan Ames and stars Jason Schwartzman, Ted Danson and Zach Galifianakis. Eastbound was created by Danny McBride, Jody Hill and Ben Best and stars McBride.
HBO Renews Series 'Bored to Death' And 'Eastbound & Down'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
'Outlander's Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony's 'Bloodshot'; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen Also Aboard
ABC Answers Michael Jackson Estate's Claim That Network Didn't Secure Rights For Special On Late Singer - Update
'The Middle' Series Finale: ABC's Fond Farewell To America's Beloved TV Family Is One "Heck Of A Ride"
'The Middle' Co-Creator On The "Bittersweet" Series Finale, Devoted Fans And Possible 10-Year Reboot
Latest TV News
- ‘The Chew’ Hosts React To Cancellation Of Daytime Talk Show
- Jimmy Kimmel On Donald Trump’s Spygate: Who You Gonna Trust, FBI Or Pumpkin McPornHumper?
- Seth Meyers: Donald Trump Openly Interfering In Criminal Investigation With “Spygate” Conspiracy Theory
- Stephen Colbert Takes Viewers Down Donald Trump’s FBI Conspiracy Theory Rabbit Hole
- ‘Empire’s New Showrunner On Tonight’s Finale [Spoiler] Death & Season 5 “Reset”
- ‘9-1-1’: Ryan Guzman Joins Fox Drama As Firefighter