EXCLUSIVE: HBO has renewed sophomore comedies Bored to Death and Eastbound & Down for a third season. With drama Boardwalk Empire already picked up for Season 2, HBO has now renewed its entire current Sunday lineup. The second season debut of Eastbound & Down averaged 1.7 million viewers, up 150% from the show’s series premiere, while Bored to Death’s season premiere audience was more modest, 1.1 million, despite following Boardwalk Empire. While not hits, the shows have remained relatively steady in the ratings, averaging 1 million viewers (Bored) and 1.44 million (Eastbound) this past Sunday, in addition to garnering critical praise for their sophomore seasons. Bored was created by Jonathan Ames and stars Jason Schwartzman, Ted Danson and Zach Galifianakis. Eastbound was created by Danny McBride, Jody Hill and Ben Best and stars McBride.
HBO Renews Series 'Bored to Death' And 'Eastbound & Down'
What's Hot on Deadline
'NCIS' Current & Former Cast & Crew Remember Gary Glasberg: "Our Rock, Our Cheerleader, Our Team Captain" - Update
Latest TV News
- Male Comedy From Dan Sterling, Phil Lord & Chris Miller Set At ABC As Put Pilot
- Alien Invaders The Dominators Set As Villains For CW’s DC Series Crossover
- MGM TV Acquires Margaret Atwood’s Novel ‘The Heart Goes Last’
- ‘Mogadishu, Minnesota’: Elvis Nolasco, K.C. Collins Among Nine Cast In HBO Drama Pilot
- ‘Designated Survivor’ & ‘Lethal Weapon’ Post Modest Week 2 Ratings Dips, ‘Criminal Minds’ & ‘Code…
- ’24 Legacy’: Tiffany Hines & Bailey Chase Cast As Recurring