EXCLUSIVE: HBO has renewed sophomore comedies Bored to Death and Eastbound & Down for a third season. With drama Boardwalk Empire already picked up for Season 2, HBO has now renewed its entire current Sunday lineup. The second season debut of Eastbound & Down averaged 1.7 million viewers, up 150% from the show’s series premiere, while Bored to Death’s season premiere audience was more modest, 1.1 million, despite following Boardwalk Empire. While not hits, the shows have remained relatively steady in the ratings, averaging 1 million viewers (Bored) and 1.44 million (Eastbound) this past Sunday, in addition to garnering critical praise for their sophomore seasons. Bored was created by Jonathan Ames and stars Jason Schwartzman, Ted Danson and Zach Galifianakis. Eastbound was created by Danny McBride, Jody Hill and Ben Best and stars McBride.
HBO Renews Series 'Bored to Death' And 'Eastbound & Down'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Lego Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures’ Animated Comedy Series Coming To Disney XD
- ‘The Powerpuff Girls’: First Look At Cartoon Network’s Series Reboot
- K.P. Anderson Inks Overall Deal With Lionsgate TV
- Parkes + Macdonald & Image Nation Abu Dhabi Acquire Rights To Iconic French Naval Explorer Jacques Cousteau…
- Donald Trump & Univision Settle Lawsuit Over Miss Universe Fight
- Bill Simmons’ New HBO Talk Show Taps Former ‘Daily Show’ Producer, Writer