After recreating Prohibition era Atlantic City in Boardwalk Empire, HBO is looking to resurrect Cold War era Berlin in a new spy drama project from Boardwalk executive producers Stephen Levinson and Mark Wahlberg, New Yorker writer/best-selling author Malcolm Gladwell and film/TV writer Charles Randolph (The Interpreter). Set in Cold War Berlin, the untitled project, to be written by Randolph, centers on a missionary who becomes involved in the CIA. Gladwell and Randolph, who are friends, had been working on an idea for a spy project when they met with Levinson and Wahlberg who had also been looking to do a spy drama. The four joined forces and took the joint project to HBO where Levinson and Wahlberg have deep ties as producers of 4 series, Boardwalk, Entourage, In Treatment and How to Make It In America. Randolph, Gladwell, Levinson and Wahlberg will all executive produce the new project, which HBO is producing in association with Levinson’s Leverage and Wahlberg’s Closest to the Hole Prods. Randolph’s latest movie, the Ed Zwick-directed Love and Other Drugs, opens next month.
HBO And Malcolm Gladwell Plot CIA Drama
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fantastic Beasts' Bests $600M WW; 'Moana' Mints $177M; 'Doctor Strange' Ices 'Deadpool', 'Iron Man 2' - Intl Box Office
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
Latest TV News
- ‘Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve’ Heads To New Orleans For First-Ever Live Central Time Zone Countdown
- ‘Westworld’ Explosive Finale Recap “The Bicameral Mind”: New Gods Will Walk
- ‘Designated Survivor’ Taps New Showrunner As Jon Harmon Feldman Exits
- CBS Will Continue To Broadcast Kennedy Center Honors Through 2025
- Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls ‘SNL’-Watching Prez-Elect “Terrifying Lunatic”…
- Netflix’s ‘Marvel’s Luke Cage’ Gets Season 2, No Return Date Set