Ghost House Pictures has set Dana Stevens to write The Au Pair, a thriller adaptation of The Sitter, a 2003 novel by Goosebumps author R.L. Stine. A young woman flees a troubled relationship for a great summer job as a family nanny in a Hamptons beachfront vacation home. That dream job becomes a nightmare. The picture is being produced by Sean Furst and Bryan Furst, with Ghost House principals Sam Raimi and Rob Tapert. Stevens, Nathan Kahane, Yvonne Bernard and Beth Elise Hawk are exec producers. Stevens and Raimi previously collaborated on For the Love of the Game, which Stevens wrote and Raimi directed for Universal. Stevens’s other scripts include Life or Something Like it, City of Angels and Blink. UTA reps her.
Sam Raimi's Ghost House Hires Writer For R.L. Stine Thriller 'The Au Pair'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Jack Reacher' Cuffs $31M But 'Mechanic' Puts Wrench Into China Perf; 'Girl', 'Inferno', 'Peregrine' Advance - Intl Box Office
Latest TV News
- ABC Nabs Family Comedy Starring Rev Run & Justine Simmons With Big Commitment
- ‘Penn & Teller: Fool Us’, ‘Whose Line Is It Anyway?’ & ‘Masters Of Illusion’ Renewed For Summer On The…
- Viacom Labs Sets First Livestream-To-TV Series For 2017
- ‘Weaveworld’: Josh Stolberg To Write New CW Adaptation Of Clive Barker’s Book
- Thomas Haden Church Signs With CAA
- ‘Being Mary Jane’ Adds Valarie Pettiford, Ashton Holmes & Chiké Okonkwo