FX has handed out a 13-episode series order to comedy pilot Wilfred for a summer 2011 launch. The project, based on the acclaimed Australian series of the same name, was hot from the script stage and then it solidified its chances in the pilot stage by landing Lord of the Rings’s Elijah Wood to star opposite Jason Gann, co-creator and star of the original series. David Zuckerman, who wrote the pilot script and serves as executive producer, describes Wilfred as comedy “about a guy, Ryan (Wood), the girl next door (Fiona Gubelmann), and mixed-breed dog, Wilfred (Gann), who is part Labrador retriever and part Russell Crowe on a bender.” Randall Einhorn directed the pilot for FX Prods. Rich Frank, Paul Frank, Jeff Kwatinetz, Joe Connor and Ken Conner also exec produce. Wilfred is adding to FX’s rapidly expending comedy series portfolio, which includes It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Archer, The League and Louie.
FX Orders Comedy Pilot 'Wilfred' To Series
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- NBC Picks Up Sniper Miniseries ‘The Reaper’ From Weinstein Co.
- Martha Plimpton To Star In Dan Savage ABC Pilot ‘Family of the Year’
- Christina Vidal To Star In ‘The Curse Of the Fuentes Women’ Pilot, Daphne Rubin-Vega Also Cast
- Peter Gallagher & Olivia Thirlby Join Fox Pilot 'Detour' Inspired By Rivers Cuomo
- Jack Cutmore-Scott To Play Title Role In Fox Pilot ‘Cooper Barrett’s Guide’
- Murder Case Involving Texas Justice of the Peace To Be Developed As HBO Film