FX has handed out a 13-episode series order to comedy pilot Wilfred for a summer 2011 launch. The project, based on the acclaimed Australian series of the same name, was hot from the script stage and then it solidified its chances in the pilot stage by landing Lord of the Rings’s Elijah Wood to star opposite Jason Gann, co-creator and star of the original series. David Zuckerman, who wrote the pilot script and serves as executive producer, describes Wilfred as comedy “about a guy, Ryan (Wood), the girl next door (Fiona Gubelmann), and mixed-breed dog, Wilfred (Gann), who is part Labrador retriever and part Russell Crowe on a bender.” Randall Einhorn directed the pilot for FX Prods. Rich Frank, Paul Frank, Jeff Kwatinetz, Joe Connor and Ken Conner also exec produce. Wilfred is adding to FX’s rapidly expending comedy series portfolio, which includes It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Archer, The League and Louie.
FX Orders Comedy Pilot 'Wilfred' To Series
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- K.J. Steinberg Inks Overall Deal With Sony TV, Sells Female Cop Drama To CBS
- Kevin Falls Inks Overall Deal With 20th TV, Sells University Drama To Fox
- Bill Burr To Star In FX Comedy Pilot From 'It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia' Team
- 'Selfie' & 'Manhattan Love Story' Start Soft, Edge Fox Comedies; 'New Orleans' Holds, 'Forever' Drops – Ratings Rat Race
- ABC Pilot 'Clementine' Stays Alive With New Cast Extension, Eyes Summer Run
- Alyssa Milano Exits ABC's 'Mistresses'