FX has handed out a 13-episode series order to comedy pilot Wilfred for a summer 2011 launch. The project, based on the acclaimed Australian series of the same name, was hot from the script stage and then it solidified its chances in the pilot stage by landing Lord of the Rings’s Elijah Wood to star opposite Jason Gann, co-creator and star of the original series. David Zuckerman, who wrote the pilot script and serves as executive producer, describes Wilfred as comedy “about a guy, Ryan (Wood), the girl next door (Fiona Gubelmann), and mixed-breed dog, Wilfred (Gann), who is part Labrador retriever and part Russell Crowe on a bender.” Randall Einhorn directed the pilot for FX Prods. Rich Frank, Paul Frank, Jeff Kwatinetz, Joe Connor and Ken Conner also exec produce. Wilfred is adding to FX’s rapidly expending comedy series portfolio, which includes It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Archer, The League and Louie.
FX Orders Comedy Pilot 'Wilfred' To Series
Trending Now on Deadline
Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates
- Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup