FX has handed out a 13-episode series order to comedy pilot Wilfred for a summer 2011 launch. The project, based on the acclaimed Australian series of the same name, was hot from the script stage and then it solidified its chances in the pilot stage by landing Lord of the Rings’s Elijah Wood to star opposite Jason Gann, co-creator and star of the original series. David Zuckerman, who wrote the pilot script and serves as executive producer, describes Wilfred as comedy “about a guy, Ryan (Wood), the girl next door (Fiona Gubelmann), and mixed-breed dog, Wilfred (Gann), who is part Labrador retriever and part Russell Crowe on a bender.” Randall Einhorn directed the pilot for FX Prods. Rich Frank, Paul Frank, Jeff Kwatinetz, Joe Connor and Ken Conner also exec produce. Wilfred is adding to FX’s rapidly expending comedy series portfolio, which includes It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Archer, The League and Louie.
FX Orders Comedy Pilot 'Wilfred' To Series
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Martian' Poised To Kick 'Gravity' Out Of Orbit For The October Opening Record; 'The Walk' +81% On Saturday - Late Night B.O.
Latest TV News
- Leslie Jones, Miley Cyrus Out-Orgasm Meg Ryan On ‘Saturday Night Live’
- Crude, Rude “Message From Donald & Melania Trump” Launches Season 41 Of ‘Saturday Night Live’
- Violent Rains Flood Cannes As Mipcom Organizers Mobilize In Wake Of Disaster
- Barkeep Hillary Clinton Sets ‘Em Up For Laughs On ‘Saturday Night Live’ Premiere
- Scooter Braun & Cyber Group Partner On ‘Rock Angels’ Animated Musical Series – Mipcom
- Abby Huntsman Joins Fox News As Reporter