EXCLUSIVE: FX is working on a series project based on the 2007 Korean movie Soo (aka Act of Revenge) with Barry Josephson (Life as We Know It) on board to executive produce. A History of Violence writer Josh Olson is writing the adaptation, a drama exploring the nature of identity through the lens of twin brothers — one a detective and one a hitman. After witnessing the killing of his estranged twin brother, a hitman decides to assume his life and become a policeman to find those responsible. Olson is executive producing with Josephson Entertainment’s Josephson and Alexander Young as well as Ted Kim and Jiwon Park from Korean entertainment giant CJ Entertainment which distributed the movie based on the South Korean graphic novel Double Casting by Shin Young-woo. Olson, repped by UTA and Benderspink, has several feature projects in development, One Shot at Paramount, Oz at Warners and a script he is working on with the directing team of Neveldine/Taylor. He is also attached to direct his adaptation of Dennis Lehane’s short story Until Gwen. On TV, Josephson is executive producing Bones, now in its sixth season on Fox.
FX Adapting Korean Film 'Soo' To Series
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over